HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Noel92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Ghost shows you on UAV if you are standing still.

What a load of ****.
Didn't people figure that out 5 months ago?

Old
11-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by setowildfan View Post
Didn't people figure that out 5 months ago?
I must have missed it, sorry to disappoint.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:22 AM
leova

one of my go-to classes is the SVU sniper, with Overkill and a R780 shotgun

ultimate long-range and short-range combo

Old
11-26-2012, 01:28 AM
seemsayin

I get through maybe three games and it freezes this is ********. The fal is awesome though

Old
11-26-2012, 01:49 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
My k/d continues to drop but they must have patched the care packages because I've been getting better stuff lately. I highly recommend using engineer with Care Packages as it acts like Hardline Pro in BO1 where you can change the contents of it once if you don't like what you got. I get at least a Sentry Gun or better almost every time, whether that means getting something good the first time or changing a crappy killstreak to something bettter.

Also the Blackhat is so much fun. I love using it to take my care package if I accidentally throw it on a roof or something. It's also hilarious to use on enemy care packages as you not only get what was inside, but it also booby traps the care package much like if you did it manually with the engineer perk. I've even been naughty with the Blackhat a few times and stolen a teammate's care package with it.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:50 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
one of my go-to classes is the SVU sniper, with Overkill and a R780 shotgun

ultimate long-range and short-range combo
My go-to classes thus far:

Overkill: Burst assault rifle (forget what it's called) w/ Reflex sight, Vector w/ suppressor

MK48 with Target Finder & the faster Aim Down Sights attachment, and either the Five Seven pistol or the FHJ anti-aircraft launcher

Old
11-26-2012, 02:05 AM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
My k/d continues to drop but they must have patched the care packages because I've been getting better stuff lately. I highly recommend using engineer with Care Packages as it acts like Hardline Pro in BO1 where you can change the contents of it once if you don't like what you got. I get at least a Sentry Gun or better almost every time, whether that means getting something good the first time or changing a crappy killstreak to something bettter.

Also the Blackhat is so much fun. I love using it to take my care package if I accidentally throw it on a roof or something. It's also hilarious to use on enemy care packages as you not only get what was inside, but it also booby traps the care package much like if you did it manually with the engineer perk. I've even been naughty with the Blackhat a few times and stolen a teammate's care package with it.
Thanks for the tip man. My care packages have been crap.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:28 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

So.....

I'm finding it way more difficult to be a 'lone wolf' in BO2 in comparrason to MW3, and as a result have been running in a party and have forgotten how fun it is. I would usually only play in a party in S&D while goofing around. I highly recommend it, because i find myself spawn trapped in domination too often, and i find it harder to break than previous cods. DOn't know if that is just me, but I tend to lose interest playing solo way easier and end up raging more.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Rangers1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post

How do you take their care package? I only destroy the helicopter.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:58 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1135 View Post
How do you take their care package? I only destroy the helicopter.
Wait until the package drops and use the blackhat on it. Takes literally a second to steal. However, the enemy who used the Care Package may be able to tell that you hacked it because once you hack it, it'll actually change the killstreak the Care Package provides. For example, lets say I call in a care package and it turns out to be a UAV. If someone were to hack it, it would change the killstreak to something else like a Dragonfire.

For those using the Ghost perk, one way to tell if you're on the radar or not is to look at your little triangle on the mini map. If the triangle is bright yellow, you'll be shown when a UAV is used. When your triangle is darkened, you'll be hidden from enemy UAV's.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Wait until the package drops and use the blackhat on it. Takes literally a second to steal. However, the enemy who used the Care Package may be able to tell that you hacked it because once you hack it, it'll actually change the killstreak the Care Package provides. For example, lets say I call in a care package and it turns out to be a UAV. If someone were to hack it, it would change the killstreak to something else like a Dragonfire.

For those using the Ghost perk, one way to tell if you're on the radar or not is to look at your little triangle on the mini map. If the triangle is bright yellow, you'll be shown when a UAV is used. When your triangle is darkened, you'll be hidden from enemy UAV's.
Yup, this videos shows it , and to me basically ruins ghost . You have to basically be running for you not to show up . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0m2JAfmkYc

Old
11-26-2012, 06:46 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Yup, this videos shows it , and to me basically ruins ghost . You have to basically be running for you not to show up . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0m2JAfmkYc
actually you don't have to run. As long as you're walking at the max speed (even while aiming down the site you won't be shown).

This was a video I found more helpful;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNtGOvZIUDE&feature=plcp

Old
11-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Stop people camping in a corner with ghost. I like it.

FAL is amazing.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
actually you don't have to run. As long as you're walking at the max speed (even while aiming down the site you won't be shown).

This was a video I found more helpful;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNtGOvZIUDE&feature=plcp
Thanks for posting that. I was looking for some clarification on the actual effects of that since I used my permanent unlock token on ghost.

11-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
Doh... I keep forgetting to use my permanent unlocks on weapons/perks that I usually use before I prestige. Now I have to start over.
You do it after you prestige....at least I did anyway.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
I'm glad they did it this way. Since quick-scoping still has yet to be fixed, the last thing snipers and campers need is to be completely undetectable by UAV.

Ghost is great for my playstyle. Constantly on the move and now I don't have to worry about "Hostile UAV incoming".

Seriously, before Ghost, it never fails: I'd catch an enemy out of the corner of my eye, I'd chase him down, he'd be completely unaware...then they'd get a UAV out of nowhere, he'd turn and I'd get a shotgun blast to the face

Old
11-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Yeah ghost is great for me as well as I like to run around and flank people since I don't have the ability that some do at shooting I need to be able to take on players that are vulnerable. Call it the Matt Cooke technique.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

40-10, 36-3 and 33-3.

FAL class is amazing;

Fal w/ Target Finder & Fore Grip
B23R w/ Reflex Sight

Hardline
Cold-Blooded
Dexterity

Shock Charge
Bouncing Betty

Got three double kills with the Betty on Hijacked.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:50 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
So sick of getting triple teamed while my own players do **** all. Anyone want to get a multiplayer group going and pawn people?

Also anyone who wants to throw down on Tranzit let me know, I averaged level 30-40 on the last zombie games.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Triple Minor
Optimus Reim

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
I don't get why people use their launchers to shoot it down instead of just shooting it down with their primary weapons. Only takes a few bullets to destroy Dragonfires.
Its one of the challenges for gold camo on the launchers to destroy 10 enemy controlled aircraft.

Not enough people using them IMO...ive only destroyed 4

Old
11-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
40-10, 36-3 and 33-3.

FAL class is amazing;

Fal w/ Target Finder & Fore Grip
B23R w/ Reflex Sight

Hardline
Cold-Blooded
Dexterity

Shock Charge
Bouncing Betty

Got three double kills with the Betty on Hijacked.
Fore grip on a FAL really ? Thing has no recoil . I would check this out but I hate semi-auto guns .

What do people think is better for SMGs - Grip or Long Barrel ?

Old
11-26-2012, 12:20 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
So sick of getting triple teamed while my own players do **** all. Anyone want to get a multiplayer group going and pawn people?

Also anyone who wants to throw down on Tranzit let me know, I averaged level 30-40 on the last zombie games.
Absolutely. I don't think I'll have too much time this week for something like that but I'll add you (for zombies...taking a break from multiplayer for a while)

Old
11-26-2012, 12:24 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Absolutely. I don't think I'll have too much time this week for something like that but I'll add you (for zombies...taking a break from multiplayer for a while)
Kewl. I hate searching for games, such a waste of time. The people you end up joining either A) Don't know what to do, B)Screw around, C) Don't have mics or all three.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
wingsnut19

Quote:
Fore grip on a FAL really ? Thing has no recoil . I would check this out but I hate semi-auto guns .

I go with long barrel and laser sight. I don't find that I benefit much from using grip.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Triple Minor
Optimus Reim

Quote:
I'd prefer long barrel...once you fire in controlled bursts recoil isnt too much of a problem

Closed Thread