HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
FAL has a bit of recoil that forces the gun to go up. Which isn't necessarily bad compared to other guns but I use the grip to stabilise it.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:18 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
FAL has a bit of recoil that forces the gun to go up. Which isn't necessarily bad compared to other guns but I use the grip to stabilise it.
I found that trying to pick off enemies from a farther distance with the skorpion before they saw me was like having the aim of a storm trooper for this exact reason.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

vCash: 500
Pdw with extended mags and silencer is amazing! It almost has the same clip size as a Lmg!

Old
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Kewl. I hate searching for games, such a waste of time. The people you end up joining either A) Don't know what to do, B)Screw around, C) Don't have mics or all three.
Well unfortunately I don't have a mic...yet...paid too much for this game, season pass, a new controller, and black Friday deals. I am prone to mistakes at times but with the right team I can go far. (made it to 47 on Moon) my friend has a mic (I believe) and I play at his place a lot.

Also I have all 3 perma-perks on Tranzit so I'm pretty useful in that regard.

To anyone who doesn't know about that there are 3 permanent perks that get applied to your player in Tranzit that have been discovered for accomplishing certain tasks

1.) permanent quick revive
Get 10-17 revives in one Tranzit match and a green cloud will burst notifiying you that you've unlocked the perk. Basically revive time is about 10% slower than if you actually bought quick revive and the word reviving is written in blue. Pretty much saves you the 1500 points the perk costs. The slightly upgraded revive time by actually buying the perk isn't worth the points. It's still fast enough that you can pick up a teammate with a horde chasing you without getting hit by the time you're done reviving. If you want a sure way to get it, play two player Tranzit and have one guy die a bunch of times at the hands of the last zombie on round 1. That's how I did it.

2: Permanent Deadshot daquiri
The methods to getting this are apparently varied. I've heard it requires you to get two headshots with one shot fired and get 49 headshots in one game. I'm pretty sure it's the second one as I unlocked it in my first game of Tranzit without realizing it. Basically what it does is 75% of the time you aim down your sights it auto-aims for the head and it makes headshot damage slightly more powerful. I was wondering why it was so easy to aim for the head when using the BR...whatever...the burst pistol, then i found out I had unlocked a permanent perk.

3: upgraded barrier building
Wish this effect was similar to if you use speed cola but whatever. You unlock this perma-perk by fixing 100-200 barrier boards in one Tranzit match. After doing that when you re-build barriers your regular wooden planks are replaced by these dirty metal planks. It's hard to tell the difference without paying close attention but it's very useful because it takes each zombie 3 pulls (where before it was 1) to remove one of those planks. That's pretty damn helpful if your bus is being swarmed.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

The internet in this house is infuriating. If one person in here is on the computer while I'm playing CoD I lag. Just tried to fight through it and played 3 overly laggy games. Frustrating.

My fault for still living at home? You betcha

Old
11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
The internet in this house is infuriating. If one person in here is on the computer while I'm playing CoD I lag. Just tried to fight through it and played 3 overly laggy games. Frustrating.

My fault for still living at home? You betcha
Try port forwarding.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
11-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

I think the PSW is the most OP SMG . 50 bullet clip + no recoil , plus amazing hip firing aim .

Also is there anyway to check Mastery and Expert challenges on a gun ?

^ NVM im dumb ..

Last edited by Leafs at Knight: 11-26-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 06:13 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Try port forwarding.
I have no idea what that is

Starting to have some real good games with the MSMC. Not getting enough headshots though. Really have to start aiming higher.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
RussianRocket10

Got my first gold gun today, the PDW-57. I'm also only a few weapon levels away from maxing it out at 2nd weapon prestige. Then it will be time to do it for more guns.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Got my first gold gun today, the PDW-57. I'm also only a few weapon levels away from maxing it out at 2nd weapon prestige. Then it will be time to do it for more guns.
Yea got my first one today too, the Tar .

Old
11-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
I have no idea what that is

Starting to have some real good games with the MSMC. Not getting enough headshots though. Really have to start aiming higher.
Go to your router's configuration page and reserve the IP for your XBox (meaning that it will get the same IP address every time it connects to the internet).

Then what you do is go to the port forwarding settings and set the port 3074 to go to whichever IP address is used for the XBox.

All of this is done in the router's configuration page, which you can get onto by typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser on any computer that's connected to the router.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:03 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Go to your router's configuration page and reserve the IP for your XBox (meaning that it will get the same IP address every time it connects to the internet).

Then what you do is go to the port forwarding settings and set the port 3074 to go to whichever IP address is used for the XBox.

All of this is done in the router's configuration page, which you can get onto by typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser on any computer that's connected to the router.
Thanks! I will definitely look into this

Old
11-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Thanks! I will definitely look into this
No problem. Let me know if it worked.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Knifing is so brutal, ahhh..

Playing one in the chamber is painful

Old
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

The servers have been horrible to me today, can't get anything going , losing every single 1v1 battle..

Old
11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

All of my rage. I was THIS close to round 30 on Town. Decide to go up the bar stairs to box with one quick zombie behind me. Forgot I tossed a Semtex in there. Stairwell up the ass with crawlers, turn around. Double hit from zombie. Two hits from crawlers behind me...game over. All because I wanted to grab the Ray gun as extra insurance. I'm beyond mad. My goal is 30 or more and it keeps eluding me. I was right there Also figured round 29 and 1211 kills would mean at least glowing blue eyes on my emblem...nope.

At least that score is good for almost top 3500 in the world on PS3...and it easily could've been higher. Especially if I managed to get the Ray Gun.

Last edited by DuckJet: 11-26-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 09:14 PM
TheGreatGodsby*

Games broke.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Just played a game of Dom - GW , they had a full party , and got absolutely destroyed . There was 5 players over 30 kills on my team ( I had 45 ) . Our team called in 10 VSATS , hilarious .

Old
11-26-2012, 11:49 PM
nuge2hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Well unfortunately I don't have a mic...yet...paid too much for this game, season pass, a new controller, and black Friday deals. I am prone to mistakes at times but with the right team I can go far. (made it to 47 on Moon) my friend has a mic (I believe) and I play at his place a lot.

To anyone who doesn't know about that there are 3 permanent perks that get applied to your player in Tranzit that have been discovered for accomplishing certain tasks

Get 10-17 revives in one Tranzit match and a green cloud will burst notifiying you that you've unlocked the perk. Basically revive time is about 10% slower than if you actually bought quick revive and the word reviving is written in blue. Pretty much saves you the 1500 points the perk costs. The slightly upgraded revive time by actually buying the perk isn't worth the points. It's still fast enough that you can pick up a teammate with a horde chasing you without getting hit by the time you're done reviving. If you want a sure way to get it, play two player Tranzit and have one guy die a bunch of times at the hands of the last zombie on round 1. That's how I did it.

The methods to getting this are apparently varied. I've heard it requires you to get two headshots with one shot fired and get 49 headshots in one game. I'm pretty sure it's the second one as I unlocked it in my first game of Tranzit without realizing it. Basically what it does is 75% of the time you aim down your sights it auto-aims for the head and it makes headshot damage slightly more powerful. I was wondering why it was so easy to aim for the head when using the BR...whatever...the burst pistol, then i found out I had unlocked a permanent perk.

Wish this effect was similar to if you use speed cola but whatever. You unlock this perma-perk by fixing 100-200 barrier boards in one Tranzit match. After doing that when you re-build barriers your regular wooden planks are replaced by these dirty metal planks. It's hard to tell the difference without paying close attention but it's very useful because it takes each zombie 3 pulls (where before it was 1) to remove one of those planks. That's pretty damn helpful if your bus is being swarmed.
Thanks for the tip man. That will definitely help my game. What's your record on tranzit?

Old
11-27-2012, 12:03 AM
RussianRocket10

If I had a dollar for every emblem I saw that has something to do with marijuana then I'd be one rich man.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:19 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge2hall View Post
Thanks for the tip man. That will definitely help my game. What's your record on tranzit?
No problem. It's pretty useful. I also heard that if you get 300 explosive kills in one tranzit game you get PHD flopper permanently. But since I haven't seen video evidence I call BS.

22 on co-op. I haven't been playing the mode all that much and don't have any money saved in the bank. I like Tranzit but it's a real pain to play if people don't know what they're doing. It takes commitment of time and that's why until people get better at it online I'm probably gonna spend more time doing survival and grief. Plus I've got finals coming so I probably won't get to where I want to be on Tranzit until finals are over.

Just cause I'm bored and the TV is occupied right now, I'm watching a live stream of Tranzit where 4 guys are trying to not only hit 30+ but they're trying to do the easter egg and it's been 30 minutes and they still haven't ended round 4. They keep boxing (taking the bus all across the map until they do so_ and withdrawing money until they get the guns they want. This is pretty much why I don't feel like playing it. So much work and it can all go south with the tiniest mistake. Who has this kind of time?

Last edited by DuckJet: 11-27-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old
11-27-2012, 01:15 AM
nuge2hall

Quote:
No problem. It's pretty useful. I also heard that if you get 300 explosive kills in one tranzit game you get PHD flopper permanently. But since I haven't seen video evidence I call BS.

22 on co-op. I haven't been playing the mode all that much and don't have any money saved in the bank. I like Tranzit but it's a real pain to play if people don't know what they're doing. It takes commitment of time and that's why until people get better at it online I'm probably gonna spend more time doing survival and grief. Plus I've got finals coming so I probably won't get to where I want to be on Tranzit until finals are over.

Just cause I'm bored and the TV is occupied right now, I'm watching a live stream of Tranzit where 4 guys are trying to not only hit 30+ but they're trying to do the easter egg and it's been 30 minutes and they still haven't ended round 4. They keep boxing (taking the bus all across the map until they do so_ and withdrawing money until they get the guns they want. This is pretty much why I don't feel like playing it. So much work and it can all go south with the tiniest mistake. Who has this kind of time?
Yeah there's way to much to do on survival and it's so easy to die. Survival is great though, my best is 28 on town. I still hate the damn lava though it's ridiculous.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:44 AM
FrizzleFry22
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 183
Quote:

I got the Quick revive without noticing it. But thanks for the heads up on the others will try and get that barricade. Now if you can just find a way to get permanent Juggernaut

Old
11-27-2012, 02:50 AM
KISSland

Hey man you've had 3 ****** ass games where you joined a party that was losing by 20-30 and getting *****. So we put you in a room where you're finally going 5-1. Oh what's that? You're having a good game? LOL **** that. *Error Connection, disconnects.*

**** YOU BOPS

Old
11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Got my first K9 Unit last night...love switching care packages...switched an RC car for some dogs.