HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 142
Love those guys running riot shields.

I'll just throw a C4 at you....

Click, Boom, Dead

Old
11-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Leafs at Knight
#WeTheSouthernON

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
So, I loved Black Ops multiplayer but wasn't a fan of MW3 at all. Where does this fall in relation to the 2?
Way more like Black Ops then MW3 . Although there have been a lot of changes and things put into the game to make it better, but defiantly a TreYarch feel to it , which is good.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Love those guys running riot shields.

I'll just throw a C4 at you....

Click, Boom, Dead
Four letters: SMAW

Old
11-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Leafs at Knight
#WeTheSouthernON

Don't get all the hype with Hardpoint , its alright , but you don't even get points for holding it , I have to hold it while my teammates run around and get kills ... They didn't think the point system through in that one , same with KC.

Oh and you wanna camp play Hardpoint , you'll fit in.

Last edited by Leafs at Knight: 11-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 09:00 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

I still think shotguns are way overpowered. Some of the killcams I had to watch today... there's no way. The range is out of this world.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:08 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Carrier is such a fun map on Kill Confirmed. I'm mainly using the M27 assault rifle on most maps, but on Carrier I use MK48 with Target Sensor and the Quick Draw attachment, Five Seven pistol, and a Smoke Grenade/Semtex combo. Smoke Grenades are incredible for Kill Confirmed - they really allow you to close off a flank so you can make that important sprint to grab a pile of dogtags.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2000
LOL OK. The league play match I was in disconnected because the host quit, and now I'm on that stupid 5 minute probation and I lost ladder points. What a joke.

11-27-2012, 09:13 PM
RussianRocket10

I'm trying to get gold camo for my SMAW. I just need Carbon Fiber, Ronin and Skulls. For Carbon Fiber I need 10 impact kills so I assume that means I'll have to hit with direct impact from the rocket, doesn't sound too hard. For Ronin I need 5 double kills. I already have 1 so far. This one could be the hardest one to get, I guess I'll have to play some objective games. For Skulls I need to shoot down an enemy Dragonfire. This one might be difficult because I rarely see anyone using this killstreak.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Harbinger
Oppose and Disagree

I hate skilled snipers. I loathe snipers with no skill at all. These are the type of have to empty their entire mag into someone just to ensure a kill. Being killed by these tards irritates me to new extremes.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
topshelfie
No Rispeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
likely quicker to throw a c4 than switch to smaw and fire a rocketand if the riot shield user is using flak jacket you can throw 2 c4's

Old
11-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Don't get all the hype with Hardpoint , its alright , but you don't even get points for holding it , I have to hold it while my teammates run around and get kills ... They didn't think the point system through in that one , same with KC.

I completely agree that hardpoint would be better if points were awarded for holding it..

Old
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
I completely agree that hardpoint would be better if points were awarded for holding it..
But you make up for all those points by getting hardpoint kills.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Leafs at Knight
#WeTheSouthernON

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
But you make up for all those points by getting hardpoint kills.
Which doesn't happen very much because my teammates are patrolling racking the kills up.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:02 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Failed on Town again. Died on round 24. All kinds of fail in that game. Tried to make it far on Tranzit. Some idiot turned off the power while I was running a chain. Lost all my perks as I'm shooting the ground. Splash damage from Ray gun+hit from behind+accidental step on lava=me dead. At least we made it to round 16.

Quote:
So, I loved Black Ops multiplayer but wasn't a fan of MW3 at all. Where does this fall in relation to the 2?
My take is, BLOPS 2 multi will remind you of Blops1 technically, but with a bunch of upgrades that you saw in MW3. Basically Blops2 is the multiplayer experience MW3 should've been. Anyone who says BLOPS2 is a direct copy of MW3 is dead wrong. Is much better.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Think of it as a more deadly version of BO1 multiplayer. There's even more ways to be killed and you'll die quicker too. Gotta be on your toes all the time.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:25 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Think of it as a more deadly version of BO1 multiplayer. There's even more ways to be killed and you'll die quicker too. Gotta be on your toes all the time.
This is very true. You really need to keep your head on a swivel at all times, and playing a wild style seems much tougher due to the map layouts.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
I have never really looked at getting gold guns in this game before, until I realized how semi-easy it is. I was 2 challenged away from getting a Gold so I did that today. Looks mint. My scar has been prestiged twice as well. I'm trying for a gold cross-bow now.

11-28-2012, 01:56 AM
KISSland

First time playing zombies. Went to level 19. Killed 60 zombies, died 30 times. LOL. I kept getting hand guns.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:40 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Been playing multiplayer/campaign for about 2 weeks now (I pre-ordered the game but could only start playing it on launch weekend.

The campaign is fine. Typical COD. I actually like some of the strikeforce missions. On Drone I just stacked up my CLAW and infantry on A and B took two guys with me to C and held it without dying. Yeah, I'm proud

Now, multiplayer...where do I start. I wasn't as annoyed by MW3 as some people clearly are. I did find the spawns absolutely ridiculous, the support killstreaks were flawed and deathstreaks were annoying as ****. So many noobs getting stealth bombers. I admit I used my fair share of some of those killstreaks, but I made sure I was playing the objective and helping my team too. Deathstreaks are one of the worst ideas every. And that's not an exaggeration. Dead Man's Hand .

BO2 is much better in terms of gameplay, guns, system, etc. I like the pointstreak system and even new players can get into the game without ruining it for others. But this game isn't flawless by any stretch of the imagination. I still think spawns are ******** in some gamemodes. Camping hasn't been fully addressed, but I understand that isn't easy to fix.

The absolute worst thing about this game? Connection issues and game freezing. My internet connection is fine. I have a wired connection but still get lag problems. And my PS3 has frozen, literally frozen when playing the game. That has never happened before. There are some other flaws, but I think most of you have covered it extensively in this thread

I like league play too. I seem to do better in it than normal online games for some reason. I get a solid 2-3 k/d mostly in league play, but do much worse on normal mode hovering around 1.2-1.5 k/d, with the odd negative game (that's when I start playing against full parties and I have useless teammates not playing the objective.

And to people in the other thread who think COD games should go away:

Old
11-28-2012, 03:47 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
C4 or Semtex right next to the opponent is better. SMAW is just a waste of a slot if. If you want to take down killstreaks there are better launchers and if you want to kill people RPG's or just take a B23R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post

If you are camping in Hardpoint, you are doing it wrong. And if you are playing Hardpoint without Flak Jacket and the other facemask perk (forgot the name of it), you are definitely doing it wrong. I don't really like Hardpoint that much, but it's XP gold. I like Kill Confirmed, Dom or Headquarters. Demolition is fun, but I never get teammates who play the objective. I rage too much on SnD.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:54 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Carrier is such a fun map on Kill Confirmed.
Oh man, I hate Carrier. The trick for me is to stick to one side of the map, but if you spawn on the other side, god help us all. At least for me that is. I can't stand it. I like Slums, Overflow, Raid, Plaza and Express. Carrier, Meltdown and Yemen can **** off. Hijacked is ok in some gamemodes, Drone is average and Nuketown is fun.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:01 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I nicked some poor ******** Guardian. He had no idea what happened.
I feel so bad when stealing a teammate's care package

I only do it if they get killed and an enemy is going to take it, from now on. I'm superstitious that way. What goes around, comes around. I steal a guardian, I get killed by a hunter drone or a lightning strike.

I usually stick with low kill streaks. Got the K9 and Swarm a couple of times, but I find it tedious getting to those killstreaks. I don't know how many times I died right before getting those and felt like punching my TV.

UAV/Counter-UAV, Hellstorm, Lightning Strike is my usual setup. I'll put in a Guardian if I'm goint to play Hardpoint or a similar gamemode. Lodestar's a beast!

Old
11-28-2012, 04:07 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Favorite guns right now are the MSMC, MP7, Mtar, Type 25 and AN-94. Definitely an SMG game.

I suck at sniping, I'll have 1 good game in about 5. Shotguns can be fun, but if you run into some guys who know what they're doing, it's impossible. Don't use special weapons. Favorite secondary is definitely the B23R, but usually stack my primary with three attachments.

Semtex/Frags/C4 and Concussion/Shock Charges.

I usually go for Hardline, Toughness/Flak Jacket, Dexterity/the Mask Perk.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:38 AM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Played at a friend's place.

Play Gun Game
Knife ALL GAME, nothing but knife
Utter lols. So much ********.

I seriously don't understand the ********. I guess people take this **** too seriously.

Last edited by Inub0i: 11-28-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old
11-28-2012, 04:47 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
MW4. This game is everything that I hate about Call of Duty. I loved Black Ops 1 and was still playing it up until 2 days ago. In Black Ops, you could use your killstreaks and perks to keep air-**** away. In 2, they seem to promote it by nerfing ghost and getting rid of SAM turret. The fighting is all up close with high rate of fire guns. Honestly, I'm really regretting my purchase.

Closed Thread