HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

vCash: 500
After a couple of weeks I think I finally found my go-to class

I was never really an SMG guy but the the Vector is just awesome.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
I love the Vector. But I hate Lightning Strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Der Riese is the king of zombies maps. Shi No Numa is a close second. The WAW maps in general are far better than anything BLOPS 1 and 2 have to offer.
Don't see why Der Rise is so well loved. And I actually liked a couple of the Black Ops maps the best. Me, I'd rank them like this.

Ascension
Veruckkt
Kino Der Toten
Der Riese
Nuketown
Moon (again...if you don't like it it's because you likely don't like the challenge)
Tranzit/Green Run
Call of The Dead
Shi No Numa
Shangrila
Five (this map was total garbage)

Last edited by DuckJet: 11-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old
11-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Lighting strike is my lover.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:35 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Lighting strike is my lover.
It could end up being more effective, but I prefer the hunter killer drone. At least I can pretty much guarantee a kill.

I run really simple pointstreaks because that way I can guarantee that I get a few of them every game even if I'm having a bad one. UAV, Hunter Killer, Care Package. I know that sounds noobish, but that way I can know where my enemies are, get at least 1-3 guaranteed kills, and then get one random killstreak for a very low amount of points.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I can't use Vector. Too much kickback. PDW is where it's at...until I can permanently unlock the Scorpion.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

I dislike the lightning strike as well but I like the fact it comes only 25 points after the hellstorm. Basically if you get one you get the other.

I like the early and easy kill streaks, that way I can concentrate on the actual game. I play with guys who'll rage quit 10 minutes into a game because they had their swarm streak broken. Where's the fun in that?

Old
11-30-2012, 02:47 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
I dislike the lightning strike as well but I like the fact it comes only 25 points after the hellstorm. Basically if you get one you get the other.

I like the early and easy kill streaks, that way I can concentrate on the actual game. I play with guys who'll rage quit 10 minutes into a game because they had their swarm streak broken. Where's the fun in that?
I'm not a rage quitter, never have been. If I start a game I finish it unless a friend signs on and invites me to a game when I'm already in one, I'll leave to party up. It puts me in some interesting situations though, never quitting, because I feel it's more common practice in this game to quit mid-game. I've called in stealth choppers and seen the opposing team just drop from 6 to 3. Come on people.

But back on topic, I like going for those high kill streaks because it feels great when you nail them. At 51 now so I'll be running hellstorm, stealth chopper, and puppies. I find it so rewarding when I get to the stealth chopper because I know I'm just a quick streak away from dogs. It sucks when you get killed. I've been killed countless times just a confirm, deny, or assist away from the stealth chopper. Just makes it that much better when I finally get there though

Old
11-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Richie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

Don't see why Der Rise is so well loved. And I actually liked a couple of the Black Ops maps the best. Me, I'd rank them like this.

Ascension
Veruckkt
Kino Der Toten
Der Riese
Nuketown
Moon (again...if you don't like it it's because you likely don't like the challenge)
Tranzit/Green Run
Call of The Dead
Shi No Numa
Shangrila
Five (this map was total garbage)
Der Riese provides for basically the perfect zombies experience. There are multiple paths to high level play, all the relevant perks are there, Pack a Punch is there, there's a good teleportation system, electric traps, choke points, etc. etc. It's very well designed - very simple, but challenging and a lot of fun.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:59 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I'm not a rage quitter, never have been. If I start a game I finish it unless a friend signs on and invites me to a game when I'm already in one, I'll leave to party up. It puts me in some interesting situations though, never quitting, because I feel it's more common practice in this game to quit mid-game. I've called in stealth choppers and seen the opposing team just drop from 6 to 3. Come on people.

But back on topic, I like going for those high kill streaks because it feels great when you nail them. At 51 now so I'll be running hellstorm, stealth chopper, and puppies. I find it so rewarding when I get to the stealth chopper because I know I'm just a quick streak away from dogs. It sucks when you get killed. I've been killed countless times just a confirm, deny, or assist away from the stealth chopper. Just makes it that much better when I finally get there though
I have yet to find my go to gun, so for now I stick with the smaller killstreaks. I still haven't unlocked the AN-94 or Scorpion yet though, so I'm hoping one of those will become my go-to gun in this game and hopefully move up to the higher killstreaks

Old
11-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Protest the Hero

I love the Type 25, I skipped it originally and went for the SWAT because I've always loved the M16's. I've been basically using all of the SMGs, but the PDW is probably my best.

Speaking of guns, I have yet to try a single LMG except for picking one or two up randomly after running out of ammo. None of the maps tend to have very long sight lines.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

LMGs are awesome in this game. Especially the HAMR.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Used lodestar for the 1st time, it it so beast!

Old
11-30-2012, 05:09 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Used lodestar for the 1st time, it it so beast!
It really does rock.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:28 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Just signed off from probably my best day so far on this game. Went back to TDM after a week or so playing KC, and Demo, and just rocked ****.

I was working on getting my MSMC gold (accomplished), and you have to do 150 kills without perks and 150 kills without attachments. So I just went **** it and decided to remove all perks and attachments and just grind out the 150. The first game back with perks and attachments I went OFF Started the game 29-0 and was about 2 more kills away from calling in my second K9 unit. Fun game, good day

Well aside from the 10s of host migrations that I always have to go through

Old
11-30-2012, 05:35 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
LMGs are awesome in this game. Especially the HAMR.
The LMG's are quite nice in this game, but these maps are heavily favoured towards SMG's that using an LMG generally puts you at a disadvantage.

Though, LMG (any really) w/ grip, EOD sight, and FMJ is just good times. LMG's already have great bullet penetration, FMJ just makes it drool worthy.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Meh, i find that the iron sights are good enough for me to not use sny of the sight attachments on my weapons. I DO however think the target finder is for noobs though.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
Meh, i find that the iron sights are good enough for me to not use sny of the sight attachments on my weapons. I DO however think the target finder is for noobs though.
I only use one sight and that is the target finder on my AN-94. Don't get how " its for noobs only " but w/e . AR are meant for medium - long distance fights , I'm not gonna run around with an AR and hip spraying all over..

Was just in a game of DOM on Raid. I was doing quite well , killed 3 guys at B then capped it . I died, then they got it back. Heard my team say no use even going for the objective anymore just gonna rack up some kills, later these 3 guys left then I started doing bad and we lost.... Srsly go play TDM my god. The one guy had like a 2.75 kdr , and had 1 cap 0 defends before he left..

Old
11-30-2012, 06:17 PM
RussianRocket10

People will complain something is for noobs if it gets them killed like the target finder, heartbeat sensor from the MW series and so on.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:18 PM
topshelfie

Upgraded dsr50 rocks in zombies, I was at level 31 and 1 shot headshot kills, 2 shots chest kill. Line up the zombies and you get bullet penetration, the whole line of zombies is done in 4-5 shots.

Also, upgrade it 3 times it removes the scope from the gun!

I don't recall a sniper rifle being so powerful in previous zombie games.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
topshelfie

If you don't want to be target found, use Cold Blooded perk

Old
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
People will complain something is for noobs if it gets them killed like the target finder, heartbeat sensor from the MW series and so on.
I like target finder, but I find I play better without it.

When I have it on, I seem to only be looking for the red diamond, but without it I'm much more attentive.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:20 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

MSMC
betty/claymore
emp grendade
Hardline
CB-Scav (perk 2 greed)
Eng-Extreme Cond (perk 3 greed)

Sentry-AGR-Chopper

Rapage on CTF. Just pick up some dead fools secondary along the way.

When I defend on CTF or if no other teammate is shoot down UAVs, I go:

MSMC + long barrel (or fast mags)
SMAW
Betty/Claymore
emp grenade
Hardline
CB-Scav (perk 2 greed)
Eng

Always use CB cause of the target finders...
Scavenger is beast... Replensih lethals, tacticals, and SMAW. Get two lethals to place and two SMAW missles... making SMAW a combo of RPG and SAM.
Engineer plus emp = free points for destroying equipment and no guardian or sentry for you!

Old
11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

First two unlocks were Scavenger then Dead Silence...

I'm doing claymores next. Better than betty's IMHO.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:35 PM
RussianRocket10

I think I've narrowed down my choices for my next permanent unlock to either the Skorpian EVO or the AN-94. It's gonna be a tough choice. I like the EVO but the AN-94 seems like such a solid gun.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I think I've narrowed down my choices for my next permanent unlock to either the Skorpian EVO or the AN-94. It's gonna be a tough choice. I like the EVO but the AN-94 seems like such a solid gun.
An-94 easily. The other Smg's are arguably better than the scorpion. The An-94 is hands down the best AR, plus you get it at a higher level.

Closed Thread