HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I actually like saving Hunter Killer to take out a UAV rather than just going for an extra kill.
Hunter killer drone kill gets you 25 points. Taking it out a UAV gets you 75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
The mission where I have to command men and a robot confused me greatly to the point where i quit. Later on, I went to try the mission again and I was on an entirely different level al together. I am so lost.
It's because there's multiple levels like that. Once you progress a certain point you can't do them.

It confused the **** out of me too until I understood how to control them. Since I always play them on easy, it was easy once I understood.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
In the games I've played I've never seen anyone use an EMP gren.
Put them on. You destroy Hunter Killers and Turrets nonstop.

Also, equipment. I destroy probably 4x more stuff with it than the other secondary grenades.

It's also just as effective against opposing players.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:51 AM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Damn this game wasted my time tonight. I absolutely, without a doubt, unlocked gold camo on the MSMC last night. I log on tonight, and it tells me I'm 6 revenge medals short of gold camo, WTF... So, I had to do that instead of starting on a new gun to get some diamond action... Weird, but oh well. I never mind using the MSMC
I had something similar to this happen to me the other night. I only need the Skulls camo which is 10 Bloodthirsty medals and I would have gold for my DSR 50. So after playing a game of zombies with my friend, I go back to the multiplayer menu and I have a new calling card unlocked. I checked it out and I unlocked the one for getting all the camo for the weapon so I go to my camo for my DSR 50 and sure enough I have gold camo unlocked but Skulls camo is still locked.

Old
12-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

So I started using a riot shield class for whenever hijack comes up. Threw on flak jacket and a tac mask and had myself a good time.

Old
12-02-2012, 01:30 AM
KISSland

Best game ever.

40kills 37 confirms, 15 denies, and 11 deaths.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
So I started using a riot shield class for whenever hijack comes up. Threw on flak jacket and a tac mask and had myself a good time.
Riot shield is probably the funniest class to play with. Occasionally, you'll find someone who knows how to handle it, but most of the time, you can just feel the confusion from the opposing player on how to handle the entire situation.

Not the best class for your K/D ratio, but if you're like me and simply don't give two ****s about that, riot shield is the way to go. Especially in the hallways of Express or the sniper spots in Raid.

Also went out of my way to prestige the crossbow. Probably the least fun I've had in this game. Was especially disappointed when I found out the Tri-bolt attachment was not what I was hoping it would be.

They need to beef that gun up a little bit. Far too inaccurate to hipfire, and too unwieldy to scope with. At the very least, make the explosion from the bolts have a bigger radius. Too many times there's been a person standing right next to an attached bolt and the resulting explosion didn't even register a hit.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Had my best game prob ever in COD went 73-19 on nuketown.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
like others mentioned earlier, i'm in favor of low-point streaks that i can re-acquire multiple times in one life

i generally run UAV and Lightning Strike, and either Care Package or CUAV.

Tried out the Hellstorm missile, its good, but I prefer LS as its faster. Just unlocked Hunter drone, will try that instead of UAV since so many others use it anyway
Honestly, low-streaks are OP in this new format. I have no idea who thought that one through but I'm abusing it non-stop in this game.

On a side note, black hat with engineer is just sick. It gets you a ton of points and it negates so much for you. Combine that with ghost/cold blooded and you can just go to work on people.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Do you get 2500 XP for winning in League Play along with your actual score throughout the game?

Old
12-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Riot shield is probably the funniest class to play with. Occasionally, you'll find someone who knows how to handle it, but most of the time, you can just feel the confusion from the opposing player on how to handle the entire situation.

Not the best class for your K/D ratio, but if you're like me and simply don't give two ****s about that, riot shield is the way to go. Especially in the hallways of Express or the sniper spots in Raid.

It was fun, but I just used it because I haaaaate hijack.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Do you get 2500 XP for winning in League Play along with your actual score throughout the game?
I think so. You also get a weekly bonus I think. The score on the left during the afteraction report is your rank points.

It's weird, I was in the Gold league for the practice season. Went up to 9th but couldn't play too much during the week. This weekend I was placed in the Silver league when I had one bad game with a 1 k/d in Hardpoint against a full party but went 2-3 k/d in the other games. Even had a 52-11 game. Didn't think it would be that hard to be in the Gold league.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Richie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
Had my best game prob ever in COD went 73-19 on nuketown.
Nuketown has given many players their best games ever, including myself. Went 86-9 on Domination on Nuketown in BLOPS1. Good times.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Nuketown has given many players their best games ever, including myself. Went 86-9 on Domination on Nuketown in BLOPS1. Good times.
I remember breaking 100 kills on Nuketown.

I was so pumped..

Old
12-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Best game ever.

40kills 37 confirms, 15 denies, and 11 deaths.
I had 70 kills the other day on KC

Old
12-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post

Also went out of my way to prestige the crossbow. Probably the least fun I've had in this game. Was especially disappointed when I found out the Tri-bolt attachment was not what I was hoping it would be.

They need to beef that gun up a little bit. Far too inaccurate to hipfire, and too unwieldy to scope with. At the very least, make the explosion from the bolts have a bigger radius. Too many times there's been a person standing right next to an attached bolt and the resulting explosion didn't even register a hit.
I know exactly what you mean. I want to Gold Gun it so bad. I have like 75/300 kills, and whatever other challenges I am not able to view yet. I'm super close to the Tribolt attachment, so your comments make me nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I had something similar to this happen to me the other night. I only need the Skulls camo which is 10 Bloodthirsty medals and I would have gold for my DSR 50. So after playing a game of zombies with my friend, I go back to the multiplayer menu and I have a new calling card unlocked. I checked it out and I unlocked the one for getting all the camo for the weapon so I go to my camo for my DSR 50 and sure enough I have gold camo unlocked but Skulls camo is still locked.
That happened to me on the Type 25. I still need 3 Bloodthirsty medals, but I have the gold camo some how. My buddy is pissed because he can not get the last blood thirsty medal with the bolt action sniper to save his life, and he has been trying since like Wednesday.

12-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

finally got my triple rpg kill for gold camo. In gun game of all places

Old
12-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Satan
soft offering

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Only problem is, toss 2 EMP grenades at those and they are both gone
People play with barely any variety- It hasn't been very often but they're rarely destroyed when I use them.

My friend and I normally lock down specific areas of maps for entire games with no problem.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:46 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Just got the game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far. "Mute all except party" option was pure genius. I played multi-team with two of my buddies yesterday for a couple of hours and had a great time. Hardpoint might be my favorite game mode right now.

Stupid question: Which perk makes me invisible to enemy UAV's? Ghost?

Old
12-02-2012, 01:14 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
Just got the game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far. "Mute all except party" option was pure genius. I played multi-team with two of my buddies yesterday for a couple of hours and had a great time. Hardpoint might be my favorite game mode right now.

Stupid question: Which perk makes me invisible to enemy UAV's? Ghost?
Yes, Ghost - so long as you're moving. If you're standing still, you show up.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

So, where for the xbox do I change for the connection settings ? Tired of firing shots with a shotgun and having nothing register.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
leova

when you click on find match, before you select Core/Hardcore/etc, hit X

though, honestly, in my experience choosing Best vs Normal hasn't really helped at all, and in many cases actually made things worse

Old
12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, where for the xbox do I change for the connection settings ? Tired of firing shots with a shotgun and having nothing register.
Have you forwarded your ports to get an "Open" NAT?

Old
12-02-2012, 08:05 PM
topshelfie

Pretty awesome video about lag in the game. The Lagtage.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Yes, Ghost - so long as you're moving. If you're standing still, you show up.
It's so stupid too. Whoever came up with the notion that ghost promotes camping needs to be taken out back and beaten. Ghost is what allowed for losing teams to mount a comeback. Even when you play an attacking style with ghost, there are moments where you might stand still for a second and let the play expand before you go and kill people. Whoever gets the UAV train going first in this game wins. I know I've been complaining a lot about this game but I really liked Black Ops 1 and I was hoping for a similar style of gameplay. Instead we're back to running around like morons with SMGs/Shotties while death rains from the sky. This is honestly MW2 with robots.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
I know exactly what you mean. I want to Gold Gun it so bad. I have like 75/300 kills, and whatever other challenges I am not able to view yet. I'm super close to the Tribolt attachment, so your comments make me nervous.
I just had the idea that a Tribolt would be firing three bolts in a spread fire formation, similar to a buckshot for a shotgun. Instead, it's simply firing 3 bolts in one location...which is absolutely stupid, since once a bolt sticks to someone, it kills them regardless (so there's no need for 3) and even if you miss and stick 3 bolts to a wall, the resulting explosion still isn't big enough to damage people.

Closed Thread