HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreaming big... The Blockbuster trade thread got me thinkin...

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 01:46 PM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

vCash: 500
Dreaming big... The Blockbuster trade thread got me thinkin...

Alright, so we know that the 2 things that the B's so desperately need are a center (or 2) and a goalie.

So here's my question... What would you consider giving up for:

1) Martin Brodeur
and/or
2) Peter Forsberg

PLEASE - no "There's no WAY NJ is trading Brodeur!!" comments. I know NJ will never trade Brodeur... But, my question is: What's he worth? Would you give up Joe for him? Is that too much? Someone mentioned Sammy and Muzz a while back. That piqued my interest - I might consider that one...

So that's my question - what would you be willing to give up for each one of these guys?

Old
09-20-2003, 03:21 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDaniels
Alright, so we know that the 2 things that the B's so desperately need are a center (or 2) and a goalie.

1) Martin Brodeur
and/or
2) Peter Forsberg

PLEASE - no "There's no WAY NJ is trading Brodeur!!" comments. I know NJ will never trade Brodeur... But, my question is: What's he worth? Would you give up Joe for him? Is that too much? Someone mentioned Sammy and Muzz a while back. That piqued my interest - I might consider that one...

So that's my question - what would you be willing to give up for each one of these guys?
Raycroft looked solid in the first exhibition and Potvin is sure to be an improvement over Shields. Hannu can always be called up from Providence...so we don't need a goalie.

Any team would love to have Forsberg, but Zino should cover our second-line center needs and Thorton could win the Hart trophy this year...
Also, I think Forsberg would rather be playing in Europe, so who knows how longer he'll stay here?

Old
09-20-2003, 05:30 PM
puck4877

I think a better question would be what will someone give us for steve shields ? but to answer your question I would give jersey any one but joe for marty b samsonov and rolston ?

Old
09-20-2003, 06:15 PM
rpontbriand

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Raycroft looked solid in the first exhibition and Potvin is sure to be an improvement over Shields. Hannu can always be called up from Providence...so we don't need a goalie.

Any team would love to have Forsberg, but Zino should cover our second-line center needs and Thorton could win the Hart trophy this year...
Also, I think Forsberg would rather be playing in Europe, so who knows how longer he'll stay here?
A quote in one of the preseason hockey rags Forsberg stated (THN) "I always wanted to play one year in Sweden before I retire ... I didnt say I was go to retire afterwards. I didn't say anything like that."

Old
09-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Whinks

Send a message via AIM to Whinks
?????????? You are obviously underestimating what, by far, the top goalie in the league would cost. IMO, It would atleast take all of Thornton, Samsonov, Hilbert, and Toivonen to get Brodeur.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:06 PM
puck4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whinks
?????????? You are obviously underestimating what, by far, the top goalie in the league would cost. IMO, It would atleast take all of Thornton, Samsonov, Hilbert, and Toivonen to get Brodeur.
right...well the the question was what would you give up to get him? Not what would the devils want? and I wouldn't give up joe for anyone in the league. so my answer is anyone but joe.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:57 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDaniels

1) Martin Brodeur
and/or
2) Peter Forsberg
I love Forsberg, and Brodeur, but both of them would cost so much in talent that the team would end up being worse after the trade than it is now

Pretend the Swedish option wasn't there for Forsberg, so you were dealing with a guy that age who isn't ready to leave the NHl at the drop of a hat.

A fair deal would probably start with Rolston, and Sammy, plus some other prospects and picks.

As to Brodeur, that would be at least as expensive. Probably Hannu, Sammy, 2 or 3 #1 picks,

And no, I wouldn't even consider giving up Joe for either of these guys, Given his age advantage Joe is the most valuable of the three

Closed Thread