HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Sunday: John Mitchell has 4 point night

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2005, 10:43 PM
timlap

vCash: 500
Sunday: John Mitchell has 4 point night

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...?game_id=11277

John Mitchell picks up 2 goals and 2 assists. He is named 2nd star in a losing cause. He is now 10th in the league in points!

Old
02-13-2005, 11:30 PM
leafaholix*

This just in...

John Mitchell is good.

Old
02-13-2005, 11:46 PM
BuppY

Good job Johnny Boy!!

Old
02-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
This just in...

John Mitchell is good.
Mitchell is to the OHL ..What Wellwood is to the AHL ..

TEARING IT UP !!!!

Mitchell actually reminds me of the similar success Matty Stajan had in the OHL .. He kept getting better .. He had 85 points followed by 94 his final year .. Johnny had 82 last and is up to 64 already this year ..

Both are 2-way character guys .. leaders on their teams in Junior and well liked and easily coachable ..

Lets just hope for similar success ..

Old
02-14-2005, 12:04 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Mitchell is to the OHL ..What Wellwood is to the AHL ..

TEARING IT UP !!!!

Mitchell actually reminds me of the similar success Matty Stajan had in the OHL .. He kept getting better .. He had 85 points followed by 94 his final year .. Johnny had 82 last and is up to 64 already this year ..

Both are 2-way character guys .. leaders on their teams in Junior and well liked and easily coachable ..

Lets just hope for similar success ..
The future's bright my friend... despite what the fools say.

Old
02-14-2005, 02:33 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
The future's bright my friend... despite what the fools say.

This just in ...

The Future is so Bright I am already wearing my shades !!!!

When the baby Leafs make it to St. Johns and are bolstered by our young future stars the future gets brighter .. When Druken and Leeb and Wilm are replaced with Mitchell and Sagat and Volkov ..

When Jeff Carter and Mike Richards and Steve Bernier and Eric Fehr Shawn Belle all become UFA in a few months the Future will be even brighter ..

When Crosby goes to Court and is ruled an UFA .. The future gets brighter

When the lockout takes it toll on the non-hockey markets and they fold the future of talent available is brighter ..

Old
02-14-2005, 05:53 AM
cleduc

Mitchell had a back injury to start the season. He wasn't "right" when he started to play after missing some games - it took him a while. He's been on fire the last 30 games or so and is now tied for 9th in OHL scoring. When you compare his health and games played to last season into account with his stats, he has taken a step forward in my opinion.

Old
02-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Pappy

Quote:
This just in ...

The Future is so Bright I am already wearing my shades !!!!

When the baby Leafs make it to St. Johns and are bolstered by our young future stars the future gets brighter .. When Druken and Leeb and Wilm are replaced with Mitchell and Sagat and Volkov ..

When Jeff Carter and Mike Richards and Steve Bernier and Eric Fehr Shawn Belle all become UFA in a few months the Future will be even brighter ..

When Crosby goes to Court and is ruled an UFA .. The future gets brighter

When the lockout takes it toll on the non-hockey markets and they fold the future of talent available is brighter ..
What difference will it make, Gary isn't going to let his teams sign these guys, if they stuck together and cancelled the season what makes you think they will sign any of these guys.

Old
02-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
What difference will it make, Gary isn't going to let his teams sign these guys, if they stuck together and cancelled the season what makes you think they will sign any of these guys.
AHL teams are still a part of the big picture for NHL teams .. The could generate revenue and keep some fan base alive .. Owners think eventually the players will come back so even in lockout mode ..

Growing the game can't stop and first step will be to try and stop the avalanche of negative fan support due to this ..

If the AHL offered a Centre Ice TV ticket and owners built exciting league for all these graduating juniors .. I would be all over that .. I'd pay to see Welly setting up Carter for the Baby Leafs ..

Old
02-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Pappy

Quote:
AHL teams are still a part of the big picture for NHL teams .. The could generate revenue and keep some fan base alive .. Owners think eventually the players will come back so even in lockout mode ..

Growing the game can't stop and first step will be to try and stop the avalanche of negative fan support due to this ..

If the AHL offered a Centre Ice TV ticket and owners built exciting league for all these graduating juniors .. I would be all over that .. I'd pay to see Welly setting up Carter for the Baby Leafs ..
Why would they play in the AHL for under 100,000 when they could go to Europe and make 250,000 to 350,000, in fact some of those new Russian Billionaires would probably pay a guy like Crosby at least a million bucks to play there.

Old
02-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
Why would they play in the AHL for under 100,000 when they could go to Europe and make 250,000 to 350,000, in fact some of those new Russian Billionaires would probably pay a guy like Crosby at least a million bucks to play there.
Well .. That problem exists even with the NHL if it was going now.. The new CBA has a 850K 4 year entry level contract suggestion.. If rich Euro owners will pay them more today ..

and with no NHL who is to say the AHL will not up the $$..level ..

Old
02-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Well .. That problem exists even with the NHL if it was going now.. The new CBA has a 850K 4 year entry level contract suggestion.. If rich Euro owners will pay them more today ..

and with no NHL who is to say the AHL will not up the $$..level ..
Imagine next hockey season starts and still no NHL. But Toronto would have a brand new AHL team featuring Sidney Crosby. What a way to generate fan interest in the new team.

It's a pretty far-fetched scenario, but if there was any possibility whatsoever, you'd have to imagine that MLSE would be all over that.

Btw, don't forget that the owner of the Hamilton WHA franchise already offered Crosby a multi-million dollar contract that was guaranteed even if the league never got off the ground and Crosby turned it down.

Closed Thread