HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

QMJHL suspends St. John's franchise

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
sjse/city council used to own it, but they sold it to loblaws.

they still haven't decided to let loblaws build a supermarket there!
That sounds like a bad Deja Vue as to what is happening with Maple Leaf Gardens ..

Old
02-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
That sounds like a bad Deja Vue as to what is happening with Maple Leaf Gardens ..
At this point I'm actually welcoming Maple Leaf Gardens transformation into a grocery store.

I live right next door so it'll be nice and convenient for me. I can pick out my fruits and veggies in the exact spot that George Armstrong hoisted the Stanley Cup.

Seriously though, any development there will be better than the hobo junction it's become.

Old
02-13-2005, 12:14 PM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
"Fog Devils" Not sure what they were smoking when they decided on this name, but it may expalain the "fog" part.

Sorry dude, but there is 2 new teams that were suppose to join the "Q" next season. One was Saint John, N.B, and the other was St John's Newfoundland. St John's are going to called the "Fog Devils", but I don't know what the Saint John based team are going to be called. Last time I heardtehy were suppose to be called the Saint John "Surge" (energy?)

Old
02-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
Sorry dude, but there is 2 new teams that were suppose to join the "Q" next season. One was Saint John, N.B, and the other was St John's Newfoundland. St John's are going to called the "Fog Devils", but I don't know what the Saint John based team are going to be called. Last time I heardtehy were suppose to be called the Saint John "Surge" (energy?)
the contest to name the Saint John team is not over yet (I think the deadline was Friday to submit your name) so the name is coming soon. It's too bad for St. John's that they will have to wait a year, but on the up side for us (here in Saint John) we won't have to share the expansion draft.

Closed Thread