HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Utah[Phoenix] @ Milwaukee 1:30 CST

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
GDT: Utah[Phoenix] @ Milwaukee 1:30 CST

Milwaukee hosts Utah,the worse team in the AHL(13-33-3),this afternoon. Utah did break a 13 game road losing streak last night,beating Grand Rapids[Redwings] badly. Grand Rapids had fired their coach the day before this game, and Utah stomped all over them(chuckle). Admirals need to shake off a weak defensive effort last night and rebound in this last game before the allstar break. Admirals have not scored a pp goal in 4 straight games now and in two of the last three games have surrendered 40 or more shots,so there are plenty of things that need focus. Last night the team not only gave up all those shots(18 in the first period alone),but even worse made several turnovers in their own or the neutral zone and gave CHI at least 4 odd man rushes,which gave CHI 3 of the 4 goals they scored. Sounded like a mentally tired team,one that could use the break.

Old
02-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Pred303

kotyk in net for the ads....upshall,henry,and smith the scratches...cann't figure why upshall has been a healthy scratch 2 of the last 3 games...had an assist last night

Old
02-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Pred303

lines start out as;

1)gamache,fiddler,haydar
2)segal,hrkac,shishkanov
3)lundbohm,smithson,tootoo
4)yablonski,pivko,severson

d1)hamhuis,suter
d2)klein,zanon
d3)hutchinson,tiley

Old
02-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Pred303

admirals finally breakthru on a late long wristshot from suter from the blueline that bleeds thru storr...

1-0 MIL 19:25 1st Suter(3) from Segal(8) and Smithson(10)...(this is one that could be reviewed to see if it was tipped)

Old
02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

who's the babe pred303?

Old
02-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
who's the babe pred303?
it's either predperson...or topoftheworld...i forget which...

Old
02-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

hey cheeseheads ... smokey and i are in the ads chat right now ... where have you all been

Old
02-12-2005, 03:00 PM
predperson

Just tuning in....thought it started at 3:00.....

<--Look at these two Predator hunks.....

Old
02-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Pred303

haydar gives the ads the lead again late...suter gets his second point of the game and 3rd in the last 2

2-1 MIL 11:22 3rd Haydar(22) from Fiddler(17) and Suter(11)...ties haydar with gamache for the team goal scoring lead

3-1 MIL 17:47 3rd Smithson(7) from Tootoo(8)

Last edited by Pred303: 02-12-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old
02-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Pred303

once again..smithson and tootoo strike....three straight games from these guys..jeezus

then smithson with his 2nd..an empty netter from hamhuis..you cann't hope to stop smithson,just slow him down...4 goals in 3 games now

4-1 MIL 19:26 3rd Smithson(8) from Hamhuis(27)

Last edited by Pred303: 02-12-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old
02-12-2005, 03:54 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
once again..smithson and tootoo strike....three straight games from these guys..jeezus
when you are hot, you're hot!

Old
02-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

what a Dominating performance by the Ads yesterday ... outshot the lowly Grizzlies 39 to 16 ... the finishing wasn't there (only scoring 4 goals) 1 EN

the only thing that's grown cold is the Power Play for the Ads (0 for there last games) ... you have got to score at least once against the League's worst PK

Old
02-13-2005, 12:28 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
what a Dominating performance by the Ads yesterday ... outshot the lowly Grizzlies 39 to 16 ... the finishing wasn't there (only scoring 4 goals) 1 EN

the only thing that's grown cold is the Power Play for the Ads (0 for there last games) ... you have got to score at least once against the League's worst PK
They only had 1 PP attempt yesterday though. 39-16 is pretty dominant. Haydar on fire again. He is a late season guy.

Old
02-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Pred303

Quote:

the ad's one pp yesterday..and both of the the two the night before against Chicago,were all three those type of pp's i hate...where they occur in the last minute of a period and carry over into the next period...the type where you get 40-50 seconds at the end..then around a minute to start the new period..i hate those,and i would bet if you could track stats on those type pp situations that the scoring rate is much much lower than normal 2 minute uninterrupted ones.....just seems like it gives the pk the chance to go all out for a few more seconds,and much more difficult to get set up and be patient for the pp before time runs out..

the ads pp has gone 5 straight games without a goal,since the Cinci game where they scored 4...0 for their last 16 now...part of that is the fact that 9 of those came against Houston,by far the best pk team in the league,and a small part is probably partly due to wyatt smith missing the last 3 games centering the first pp unit....admittedly the two games the ads lost in this 5 game streak could have easily been won if the pp had managed to perform though

Old
02-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
the ad's one pp yesterday..and both of the the two the night before against Chicago,were all three those type of pp's i hate...where they occur in the last minute of a period and carry over into the next period...the type where you get 40-50 seconds at the end..then around a minute to start the new period..i hate those,and i would bet if you could track stats on those type pp situations that the scoring rate is much much lower than normal 2 minute uninterrupted ones.....just seems like it gives the pk the chance to go all out for a few more seconds,and much more difficult to get set up and be patient for the pp before time runs out..

the ads pp has gone 5 straight games without a goal,since the Cinci game where they scored 4...0 for their last 16 now...part of that is the fact that 9 of those came against Houston,by far the best pk team in the league,and a small part is probably partly due to wyatt smith missing the last 3 games centering the first pp unit....admittedly the two games the ads lost in this 5 game streak could have easily been won if the pp had managed to perform though
dammit ... my bad ... I need to read more carefully, Utah went 0 for 3 on the PP, not Milwaukee

Old
02-14-2005, 07:46 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Just got back from my milwaukee/chicago trip late last night. This game was pretty fun. Truthfully, the Ads offense wasn't THAT impressive, but utah was simply terrible. they didn't even look like they cared.

-The thing that stood out to me most in this game (and the other one I went to also) is the overall intelligence of the d-men. especially hamhuis, suter, and hutchinson. they seemed to anticipate very well and made some smart plays.

-I think hutch has greatly improved defensively.

-klein showed some flashes of brilliance, but also made some rookie mistakes both games. I think he will be a good one, but he'll need probably another year and a half to two years in the AHL.

-Again, shish played with fire and showed some grit.

-There were several instances where the utah players were messing with tootoo and he just turned the other cheek. he's really trying to focus on his game. he still tends to skate in past the blue line and shoot as hard as he can at the goal when he should be passing.

-I sat right behind the Ads bench and during the game fiddler banged on the glass between the benches and when the utah players looked over, he started stroking his stick and then just turned away like nothing happened. Man, it was funny.

-Gamache was manhandled both in this game and the chicago game. both teams pretty much effectively shut him down

-kotyk wasn't outstanding, but he made some key saves.

-For being a saturday afternoon game, I was surprised by the low turnout.

Closed Thread