HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Will who 'wins' effect your ticket buying?

View Poll Results: Will your support for your team grow or wane depending on who 'wins'
If there is a Cap I would buy more tickets than I have pre-lockout 11 42.31%
If there is a Cap I would buy fewer tickets than I have pre-lockout 4 15.38%
If there is a Cap I would buy the same number of tickets than I have pre-lockout 5 19.23%
If there is no Cap I would buy more tickets than I have pre-lockout 2 7.69%
I would buy fewer tickets because of the lockout, but more than if the players 'win' 1 3.85%
I would buy fewer tickets because of the lockout, but more than if the owners 'win' 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Will who 'wins' effect your ticket buying?

I have seen it said in other threads that revenues are going to plummet, and the players in asking for no linkage have to be betting that we stay away in droves the next 8 to 10 years.

In this type of dispute someone has to 'win' eventually. You can not really find much real middle ground, that was why the mediation people brought in immediately gave up last negotiating session. Either there will be a Cap or there will not be a Cap. Does it matter to you? Will you buy more or less tickets if the owners should win and get their cap? Will you never go again no matter who wins? Will you watch them on television as much or more?

Old
02-12-2005, 12:50 PM
likea

I will stop supporting the NHL altogether if no cap or cost certainty is put into place, I am sick of watching my team be a farm team for the big market teams

Old
02-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
I would imagine that the ticket prices would be lower after this thing is done. They said it themselves that they owe it to the fans, hence, I'll be going to alot more games.

Old
02-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scugs
I would imagine that the ticket prices would be lower after this thing is done. They said it themselves that they owe it to the fans, hence, I'll be going to alot more games.

Penguin tickets are a bargain entertainment wise:

As low as $645 for an entire season, under $1,300 for what I think is about 70% or 80% of the rest. If there is a Cap I for one will be a buyer of an entire season package rather than individual games as in the past.

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/tickets/season.php

Closed Thread