vCash: 500
St.MichaelsMajors

Hey, they deserve a thread atleast!

Old
02-02-2005, 05:14 PM
MajorsFan

now,now...

Hey, i don't know if ther is a thread that involves this Toronto team, but if there isn't, now there is. I am an extreme fan of this team and I celebrate my fandom from the comforts of my basement where is can watch their games on tv I can never find enough time or people to hang at their games. I do plan on going this year though, atleast before the season ends. Straight up, I think their star player is Justin Peters and he deserves a spot in the NHL darn people with their lockout . well atleast there's still the OHL... until they take that away . Hope not.

Old
02-02-2005, 10:21 PM
FearTheFlyers

I hear Donati bought a new driver the other day.

Old
02-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Yes Im Peter Ing

Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
With their victory over Plymouth tonight, the Majors are now only two points out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, currently occupied by the Belleville Bulls.

Well, I can't say Im ecstatic, given the high expectations I, and the few hundred Majors supporters in the metro Toronto area, had coming into this season. But at least it's something positive.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if I could actually see these victories... Damn you Ottawa! You and your bizzare insistence on broadcasting 67's games will be the death of me!

P.S. I'm with you about Peters; he's certainly a talent. It's just too bad Stefanski is insistent on draining him of his confidence by yanking him everytime he gives up a goal.

Old
02-06-2005, 12:22 AM
OFSY34

I have to say I wasn't really impressed with the OHL game I went to see between St.Mikes and Sudbury a few weeks ago where SM won. I've watched a multitude of AHL games in the states this year and the biggest difference is every guy in major junior is trying to be a tough guy.
T
he OHL game had no flow as every single time the whistle blew guys were pushing and shoving and mouthing each other off. Thank god in the AHL everyteam has a designated fighter because I can't stand games where everybody is trying to be a tough guy.

Although, Peters was stellar, I was very impressed, and McIver looks like a good player, great leader for his team, makes a great captain.

Old
02-06-2005, 12:30 AM
eaton28

Quote:
every guy in major junior is trying to be a tough guy
that is how i like my hockey...

Old
02-06-2005, 10:18 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFSY34
I have to say I wasn't really impressed with the OHL game I went to see between St.Mikes and Sudbury a few weeks ago where SM won. I've watched a multitude of AHL games in the states this year and the biggest difference is every guy in major junior is trying to be a tough guy.
T
he OHL game had no flow as every single time the whistle blew guys were pushing and shoving and mouthing each other off. Thank god in the AHL everyteam has a designated fighter because I can't stand games where everybody is trying to be a tough guy.

Although, Peters was stellar, I was very impressed, and McIver looks like a good player, great leader for his team, makes a great captain.

OHL is better than AHL for your exact reasons. Players in the O actaully care whether they win or not.

Old
02-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFSY34
T

Did you watch the game in Sudbury or Toronto, because the St.Mikes arena is very small and doesn't always make for an accurate reflection on the flow in most OHL and major junior games.

Old
02-07-2005, 03:46 PM
MajorsFan

cool

Hey! it's good to see there is some life out there (just kidding) At first I thought this thread wouldn't get any replies, but here we are. Glad to see that there are some cool fans out there and that I am not the only one rooting for the Toronto team. Their arena seems pretty tight its just that this year was a bit rough considering the beginning of an important season. They didn't fair too well. I guess they pulled up their game near the end to show they weren't too easy to get rid of, but i mean this in a good way. All I can do is cheer on and enjoy the good-ol' hockey game.

Old
02-22-2005, 03:49 AM
Yes Im Peter Ing

Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
Four straight victories for the Majors now leave them firmly in possession of the final playoff spot. In fact if this form keeps up, we could witness the Majors turning up the heat on a team such as Ottawa. Now wouldn't that be a turn around...

Closed Thread