HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues vs. Dallas pre-season game

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Nick Blue

vCash: 500
Blues vs. Dallas pre-season game

Tkachuk Demitra Mellanby
Corrinet Cajenek Nicklaus
Danton McClement Low
Valeev Rycroft
Varmalov

Jackman Brimanis
Khavanov Schefflemire
Koivisto Stuart

Low fought Segroy

Divis stops breakaway from Gainey

Danton fought Gainey (Bob's son)

Rycrof scores from McClement Valeev

Old
09-20-2003, 04:37 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Blue
Low fought Segroy
That would be "Sgroi," as in Mike Sgroi.

Who won the fight? I have a vested interest in it, since Mike Sgroi was a member of my Rockford IceHogs two years ago.

PB

Old
09-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Nick Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue

Who won the fight? I have a vested interest in it, since Mike Sgroi was a member of my Rockford IceHogs two years ago.

PB

Hey PB. I dont know who won the fight, Im listening online and Chase didnt give either of the combatants the decision.

Old
09-20-2003, 05:59 PM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
where are you listening to it online?

Old
09-20-2003, 06:35 PM
blues kc

vCash:
www.ktrs.com

You can also go to nhl.com and they provide links for online listening throughout the league.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Blue
Hey PB. I dont know who won the fight, Im listening online and Chase didnt give either of the combatants the decision.

Sounds like a draw...

Old
09-20-2003, 07:35 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
From what my group of people said. Those who like low, saw him come from behind in the fight and win. Those who dont like low saw him lose. So , yeah, it was probably a draw.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:56 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue

PB
I was at the game Prussian and this was a good bout after a long squaroff and a few wild punches Sgroi got in tight and was landing a ton to Lows coconut and Low showed a good chin and took these, in the middle part of this bout Low landed some good shots and towards the end he got Sgroi off balance and got him down. both guys landed good shots Sgroi early and Low late. I would score It a draw.

Sgroi also beat the **** out of Scheffelmaier, he nocked him down early with rights and Scheff to his credit got up from his knees amd landed some lefts before being beat into the ice by rights from Sgroi. Scheff did spark the team with this fight and deserves full marks. clear win for Sgroi who looks to be a very big very tough kid.

Low has shown better in his two bouts this year than he did all of last year and that is even with him loosing a barnstormer of a brawl to Jeremy Yablonski in camp. He is going to have a good year with the dukes guys

Old
09-20-2003, 08:20 PM
degroat*

Low didn't lose to Yablonski.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Nick Blue

I have to agree with degroat, ccarp, Low didnt lose to Yablonski, but he certainly didnt win either.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:32 PM
degroat*

Low certainly lead in punches thrown and landed. If it weren't for the punch landed right at the end by Yabo, Low would have won unanimously.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:52 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Low didn't lose to Yablonski.
I gave him the decision for landidng the harder punches, most notably that monster uppercut at the end. However it was a great bout and I have no problem with anyone who scored it a draw. that bout was as good of a scrap as you will see on ice.

Old
09-21-2003, 04:51 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I was at the game Prussian and this was a good bout ... both guys landed good shots Sgroi early and Low late. I would score It a draw.

Sgroi also beat the **** out of Scheffelmaier, he nocked him down early with rights and Scheff to his credit got up from his knees amd landed some lefts before being beat into the ice by rights from Sgroi. Scheff did spark the team with this fight and deserves full marks. clear win for Sgroi who looks to be a very big very tough kid.
Thanks for the updates, CC. Sgroi was a tough customer down here in the "U" two years back, and has obviously developed his skills somewhat in order to get a shot with a top-tier NHL club. He was no prize as an offensive player down here, and probably still isn't, but he is tougher than a two-dollar steak...

I'm glad that Scheffelmaier is trying to make a rep for himself in the same way. The Blues really do have a lot of depth for the future on defense, and Scheffelmaier is becoming a bigger and bigger part of that depth every day, from the sound of it.

I hope to see him play tonight vs. the Bleak Hoax at the UC.

PB

Old
09-21-2003, 08:57 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I gave him the decision for landidng the harder punches, most notably that monster uppercut at the end. However it was a great bout and I have no problem with anyone who scored it a draw. that bout was as good of a scrap as you will see on ice.
Actually, I didn't score it a draw. I though Low won as did the 10 or so people that I was there with.

Old
09-21-2003, 06:16 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Actually, I didn't score it a draw. I though Low won as did the 10 or so people that I was there with.
Thats common when scoring these bouts,(Giving the guy who landed the most punches the win) I just think that even leaving out the uppercut at the end Yablonski, landed enough hard punches to score a draw and the big punch at the end gave him the edge. Hell of a bout either way. The thing I cannot figure out is Why is Steve McLaren Still up? He still doesnt have a scrap? You would think a guy who is basically a cult hero in the minors and has nothing more to prove at that level would have been more active in a physical camp and the two pre-season games he has played.

Closed Thread