HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA Negotiations III: Why Can't We All Just...Get Along?

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
A name that could potentially be out there for goal tending is Tim Thomas. Although he is a moron, he can be an elite goalie. He would also come short term.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
A name that could potentially be out there for goal tending is Tim Thomas. Although he is a moron, he can be an elite goalie. He would also come short term.
He is done.

He unofficially retired. He has a 35+ contract. That's why he didn't say he retired

Old
12-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
He is done.

He unofficially retired. He has a 35+ contract. That's why he didn't say he retired
I don't necessarily believe that is true. Send him somewhere he can compete for a cup(with us) and he might be open to the idea.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:24 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Buying out Bryz is beyond idiotic.

Who would be our goalie?

Leighton?

Yeah, no.

Pronger would be on LTIR

I'd probably go Meszaros
LL Cool L

Ladies Love Cool L(eighton)....

Old
12-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Krishna

Quote:
I don't necessarily believe that is true. Send him somewhere he can compete for a cup(with us) and he might be open to the idea.
Could he not compete for a cup with the bruins?

Old
12-28-2012, 10:29 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I was a Bryz defender most of the year last year, but I still think with an amnesty clause you buy him out. Even if our goalie sucks this year, moving forward there could be a trade or signing that is not as extreme as the thousand year Bryz deal.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Could he not compete for a cup with the bruins?
Yea, but they clearly made the decision to go with Rask. We all know that. They wanted to get young, and he kinda wore his time out in Boston.

Like I said, different city, chance to start, chance for a cup, he would have to entertain the offer.

Also we could get him in a trade for not that much. Boston wouldn't(shouldn't) be holding a ransom for a aging goalie that is not happy where he is.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:31 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Oops..saw it was posted earlier above..

Anyway..buyout Prongs....
Chris Pronger, as long as he's on LTIR, is not hurting our salary cap situation. Why use that one buyout for him?
I'd rather wait and see how Mez comes back and how Bryz does until I even think about buying out someone.
If everyone performs the way they can Briere would be the most logic buyout candidate, but this organization won't do that to him.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:35 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Chris Pronger, as long as he's on LTIR, is not hurting our salary cap situation. Why use that one buyout for him?
I'd rather wait and see how Mez comes back and how Bryz does until I even think about buying out someone.
If everyone performs the way they can Briere would be the most logic buyout candidate, but this organization won't do that to him.
Pretty sure the buyout would have to be before the season started.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:38 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Before next season starts

Old
12-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Yea, but they clearly made the decision to go with Rask. We all know that. They wanted to get young, and he kinda wore his time out in Boston.

Like I said, different city, chance to start, chance for a cup, he would have to entertain the offer.

Also we could get him in a trade for not that much. Boston wouldn't(shouldn't) be holding a ransom for a aging goalie that is not happy where he is.

they decided to go with Rask once Thomas decided to go crazy.

So, Thomas wouldn't have played in a season, is as bat**** crazy as Bryz, and would have no D in front of him.

I don't think he takes the offer

Old
12-28-2012, 10:42 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Each team will be allowed one compliance buyout before the 2013-14 season that will not count against the salary cap but will count against the players' share.
Then I'm looking at Bryz (depending on how he looks for an abbreviated season and what replacements are available) and Briere.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
they decided to go with Rask once Thomas decided to go crazy.

So, Thomas wouldn't have played in a season, is as bat**** crazy as Bryz, and would have no D in front of him.

I don't think he takes the offer
No d in front of him?? No we don't have a Chara, but Kimmo, Mez, Grossman, and Schenn are not scrubs. Where is this hate for Mez coming from?? He is back and ready if the season starts in January.

I would rather take a elite bat **** crazy goalie than one who is not elite, but being paid for 7 years and a horrible amount of money.

Also if the season did start on time, that is just speculation he would not have played. I can speculate he would have been traded and played for another team.

The biggest + about this whole deal is we get rid of that outrageous contract Bryz has, which BBS said heavily outweighs who starts in goal for one season. If Thomas or another starter could be had, you jump on the deal and kill that contract.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

I would be Thomas's personal mustache shampooer if they could get him here.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:48 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Good point..I was emotionally reacting to the prospect of a buyout clause. Thinking it through I think we should wait and see if Bryz is mentally up to the standards of a number 1 franchise goalie. If he's a walking and skating drama king again I say he gets bought out..otherwise Briere makes sense but I agree the Flyers will not do that to him. He's been pretty much a good soldier...and he produces in the playoffs.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:50 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Well I guess we can't wait to see if Bryz is a real mental patient

Old
12-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Prongo
Beer

Honestly I don't know if Thomas would play again. But I would make my first call to Boston when the lockout ends about him. There is no harm in trying, and he is a better goalie than Bryz. Also come around 600K cheaper.

I believe Thomas really soured on the situation in Boston, which is why their was talks about retirement. I remember hearing speculation from insiders he would accept a trade.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Krishna

He's a UFA after this year.

And he won't get traded.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
He's a UFA after this year.

And he won't get traded.
Why wouldn't he get traded? You sometimes just make things up.

Not saying he will get traded, but if I am the GM I would make a call to them to see what he wants and their demands in a trade. If they can acquire him, buyout Bryz and trade for Thomas. It's not as far fetched an idea as you make it sound it out to be.

Another possibility is he could get bought out, but I think they would buy out Savard.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:56 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Good point..I was emotionally reacting to the prospect of a buyout clause. Thinking it through I think we should wait and see if Bryz is mentally up to the standards of a number 1 franchise goalie. If he's a walking and skating drama king again I say he gets bought out..otherwise Briere makes sense but I agree the Flyers will not do that to him. He's been pretty much a good soldier...and he produces in the playoffs.
Yeah, Briere would not be bought out because he's overpayed, because I believe he actually isn't. It's just that we have a lot of other options for his role and with Laughton and Cousins showing some improvement the forward group will only get more crowded. The thing with Briere is, he's really good with the young guys and pretty important for Couturier imo.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:58 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Yeah, Briere would not be bought out because he's overpayed, because I believe he actually isn't. It's just that we have a lot of other options for his role and with Laughton and Cousins showing some improvement the forward group will only get more crowded. The thing with Briere is, he's really good with the young guys and pretty important for Couturier imo.
Kind of agree....Briere seems like he's overpaid but we've gotten a pretty decent ROI on him IMO and he still plays an important role on the team.

I wish the teams had time to exercise the buyout clause...

Old
12-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Why wouldn't he get traded? You sometimes just make things up.

Not saying he will get traded, but if I am the GM I would make a call to them to see what he wants and their demands in a trade. If they can acquire him, buyout Bryz and trade for Thomas. It's not as far fetched an idea as you make it sound it out to be.

Another possibility is he could get bought out, but I think they would buy out Savard.
The reason everyone suspected he said he was 'going on a break' was to retire but to not get the Bruins charged with a 5m cap hit of dead space. He's become too bat**** crazy for a team to realistically want him. He won't be traded because he doesn't want to play. What idiotic GM is going to trade away some assets for a goalie that you are going to have to suspend because he doesn't show up to the team?

Old
12-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Kind of agree....Briere seems like he's overpaid but we've gotten a pretty decent ROI on him IMO and he still plays an important role on the team.

I wish the teams had time to exercise the buyout clause...
The buyout has to be made before the start of 2013-2014 season, which means we get the abbreviated season if it does happen to make at least some more judgments.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:03 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Before next season starts
Word. That makes it all the more easy to choose Bryz (unless he dominates in a short season). However my guess is there is no season but the buyout amnesty will be included anyway.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:14 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Word. That makes it all the more easy to choose Bryz (unless he dominates in a short season). However my guess is there is no season but the buyout amnesty will be included anyway.
This is why we need an abbreviated season..auditions! Mainly for Bryz! He would need to step it up in the crease and I don't mean step up to the point of being out of position...

Closed Thread