HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crabb and Callahan

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2005, 07:22 AM
endthelockout

vCash:
Crabb and Callahan

I'm not quite sure how HF ranks but what is the deal with these 2? Crabb who has excellent numbers in college is rated a 2.5 when many other college players for other teams are rated much higher and have 1/3 his numbers.

Callahan isn't even on the ranked list. Who does this?

Old
02-14-2005, 07:59 AM
NYFAN

vCash: 500
Take it with a grain of salt. Most of these rankings are slanted in some way depending on who's perspective. Unless you are talking a can't miss ie Ovechkin, Crosby, players who can definitely play in the NHL, it's pretty much a crap shoot ranking and rating players.

Old
02-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by endthelockout
I'm not quite sure how HF ranks but what is the deal with these 2? Crabb who has excellent numbers in college is rated a 2.5 when many other college players for other teams are rated much higher and have 1/3 his numbers.

Callahan isn't even on the ranked list. Who does this?
Both players have been under the radar until this season. Give the writer's time, they'll update those lists eventually.

Old
02-14-2005, 10:50 AM
endthelockout

vCash:
Ok. I actually find Rangers fans in a good position with our prospects in that I'm actually wondering what the heck we are going to do with all of them? I suppose if we have enough that can make the NHL and score between 10-20 goals with 30-40 points we might be able to trade for a young scorer. Hopefully Balej, Immonen, Jessiman and Dawes can come thru for us scoring wise and we won't have to do this.

Old
02-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Both players have been under the radar until this season. Give the writer's time, they'll update those lists eventually.
According to the Rangers' page, we don't currently have a writer. I was hoping our top-20 would be re-ranked sometime soon, as other teams' lists have, but it appears unlikely with no writer present.

Old
02-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
It was reranked in September. How often do you expect it to happen without a regular writer? At this point, I expect a post-draft rerank and that's it.

Old
02-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
It was reranked in September. How often do you expect it to happen without a regular writer? At this point, I expect a post-draft rerank and that's it.
We did have a writer at one point, although I don't think he wrote much if anything. I was under the impression that most teams' lists were being re-ranked around this time. I'm not going out of my way to whine for a re-ranking...

Old
02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
I'm not trying to jump on you. I just wouldn't expect much from this site anymore. It's gone way downhill. A few years ago, I would come here just for the articles on the main page, but now I jump straight to the boards.

Closed Thread