HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Line up for tomorrow---Flames/Oilers Gameday Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 04:53 PM
coyote

vCash: 500
Line up for tomorrow

Has anyone heard what it will be?

Old
09-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Has anyone heard what it will be?
Only thing I've heard of was that the points on the PP will be Hemsky and Bergy....can't wait to see that.

Old
09-19-2003, 06:24 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Hemmer on the lines??? hmm..... Jeez... that doesn't sound to bad......

Old
09-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Hemmer on the lines??? hmm..... Jeez... that doesn't sound to bad......
Just replying so that the Best oiler Ever (ranford) could be seen right under to the best oiler forward ever (Kurri) 8)

8)
SM

Old
09-20-2003, 03:53 AM
Lowetide

Sun's Brownlee

The Edmonton Oilers' lineup for tonight's game against The Calgary Flames.

FORWARD LINES

Ethan Moreau-Shawn Horcoff-Ales Hemsky

Jason Chimera-Jarret Stoll-Fernando Pisani

Jani Rita-Chad Hinz-Jamie Wright

Raffi Torres-J.J. Hunter-Georges Laraque

DEFENCE PAIRINGS

Brent Henley-Steve Staios

Bobby Allen-Rocky Thompson

Marc-Andre Bergeron-Scott Ferguson

GOALTENDERS

Ty Conklin

Steve Valiquette

Old
09-20-2003, 06:08 AM
Walsher

What is Henley doing on the ice in any sort of NHL game preseason or not. I watched the Bears - Oilers Rookies game and this guy was a total embarrassment. I hate Clagary but even they don't deserve a goof like this. Stop the torture and get rid of him now!!!

Old
09-20-2003, 06:13 AM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
What is Henley doing on the ice in any sort of NHL game preseason or not. I watched the Bears - Oilers Rookies game and this guy was a total embarrassment. I hate Clagary but even they don't deserve a goof like this. Stop the torture and get rid of him now!!!
I find it interesting how the Oilers management picks players to stay after the first part of the training camp. I agree with you on Henley. On the other hand a guy by the name of Chris Legg was the best player for the Oiler rookies and had a very good camp and he was sent packing the first day. Go Figure.

Old
09-20-2003, 06:24 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide

FORWARD LINES

No Brad Winchester? :mad: I was hoping he would get into one of the CGY games. Maybe against Vancouver on Monday...?

Old
09-20-2003, 06:25 AM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
I find it interesting how the Oilers management picks players to stay after the first part of the training camp. I agree with you on Henley. On the other hand a guy by the name of Chris Legg was the best player for the Oiler rookies and had a very good camp and he was sent packing the first day. Go Figure.
Exactly. Makes you wonder. Legg was the only bright spot in that rookies game ( Aside from maybe Lynch and Deslauriers) and yet he is gone. Henley was pathetic, chippy, and annoying. Like I said even Calgary doesn't deserve Henley and they are my ultimate pet peave and annoyance. Anyways let the brawl begin - can't wait to see the losers Calgary will ice.

Old
09-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Hairball

Does anyone else see this lineup as being stacked?

Old
09-20-2003, 07:23 AM
capta

Send a message via ICQ to capta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairball
Does anyone else see this lineup as being stacked?
Yep...fight night it'll be. As long as Thompson or Henley(who I thought was okay in Camp...not great, but okay)kicks the crap out of Gauthier, I'll be happy!

Old
09-20-2003, 07:54 AM
woody

Quote:
Exactly. Makes you wonder. Legg was the only bright spot in that rookies game ( Aside from maybe Lynch and Deslauriers) and yet he is gone. Henley was pathetic, chippy, and annoying. Like I said even Calgary doesn't deserve Henley and they are my ultimate pet peave and annoyance. Anyways let the brawl begin - can't wait to see the losers Calgary will ice.
At his stage of his career Legg is not considered a NHL prosepect and will most likely play in ECHL. I think the Oilers see Henley as a diamond in the rough that might give the team some depth. They don't have many big mean, annoying d-man in their system.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:14 AM
Walsher

That's true - but now they have two annoying d in their system (Henley & Thomson). Would have liked to see Legg get one preseason game for his efforts though. He looked dinamite at the rookies game. Pouliot is getting a game and he looked aweful ( I undestand he is the heir apparent but I'm more concerned about the present not the future).

Old
09-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Hyped

Quote:

FORWARD LINES

DEFENCE PAIRINGS

GOALTENDERS

Ty Conklin

Steve Valiquette
This game will be ugly...

Old
09-20-2003, 08:32 AM
hockeyaddict101

That was my thought as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped
This game will be ugly...
If Calgary puts in a stacked lineup tonight we're toast, but I am sure Laraque, Thompson, Henley, Torres will have a great time. There may be a few penalty minutes.

Old
09-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Digger12

Quote:

FORWARD LINES

DEFENCE PAIRINGS

GOALTENDERS

Ty Conklin

Steve Valiquette

That's a "Puttin' on the foil" lineup if I've ever seen one. I can seen on Calgarypuck.com they'll be planning the parade route after this game, 'cause other than beating them up in the alley I really can't see the Oilers winning this one on talent unless Conklin has a Calder cup flashback.

I imagine 3 to 4 of these guys will be cut not long after this game.

Old
09-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Oi'll say!

Good to see Chad Hinz in the lineup, I was impressed by him in the games that I saw on tv.

I know he doesn't have any offensive upside but he plays like a Sutter and the Oilers don't have a center like that right now.

Did anyone notice how Nate D did in camp, and is there a chance he'll see some pre-season action?

Old
09-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
That's true - but now they have two annoying d in their system (Henley & Thomson). Would have liked to see Legg get one preseason game for his efforts though. He looked dinamite at the rookies game. Pouliot is getting a game and he looked aweful ( I undestand he is the heir apparent but I'm more concerned about the present not the future).

Have to disagree on some of what you said. Legg had a strong Day 1 and an OK Day 4. He was invisible on Days 2 and 3. He had an slightly better than average UofA game in my opinion. I thought he might make it into one preseason game but, I'm not shocked that he was cut in the first round.

And Pouliot has gotten better every day. The UofA game was pretty bland for him and he actually didn't see much ice time in the Calgary game on Thursday.

I DO agree with you about Rocky and Henley though, I wouldn't expect either to be around much longer (although Rocky might stick for another week or so because of his experience).

Old
09-20-2003, 10:11 AM
zoidberg

I might have to cheer a bit for the Oil tonight just for darling Rocky.

That guy was just awesome personified.

Old
09-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Have to disagree on some of what you said. Legg had a strong Day 1 and an OK Day 4. He was invisible on Days 2 and 3. He had an slightly better than average UofA game in my opinion. I thought he might make it into one preseason game but, I'm not shocked that he was cut in the first round.

And Pouliot has gotten better every day. The UofA game was pretty bland for him and he actually didn't see much ice time in the Calgary game on Thursday.

I DO agree with you about Rocky and Henley though, I wouldn't expect either to be around much longer (although Rocky might stick for another week or so because of his experience).
From what I have been hearing a strong day 1 and ok Day 4 are much more than can be said about some of the other players still around. Legg was easily the best player at the Bears/Rookies game especially in the third. The Only Bright Spot!! Not saying he should make the team because that is ridiculous just felt his play although lackluster day 2 & 3 still warranted an exhibition game. Not ripping Pouliot either but from what I have seen he is ordinary at best compared to other players (obviously youth and experience factor here).

Old
09-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
From what I have been hearing a strong day 1 and ok Day 4 are much more than can be said about some of the other players still around. Legg was easily the best player at the Bears/Rookies game especially in the third. The Only Bright Spot!! Not saying he should make the team because that is ridiculous just felt his play although lackluster day 2 & 3 still warranted an exhibition game. Not ripping Pouliot either but from what I have seen he is ordinary at best compared to other players (obviously youth and experience factor here).
Kyle Brodziak was the best forward in that rookie game, maybe not offensively, but he was all over the place, good prospect.

This line-up sure doesn't look like it's there to win the game, just to goon it up. How long will it take MacT to figure out that Hemsky and Smyth should play together??? What's with wasting Hemsky's passing with Moreau on his line??? I just don't like the whole "spread out the offense" philosophy. Put the talent together and let them go.

Old
09-20-2003, 10:58 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Kyle Brodziak was the best forward in that rookie game, maybe not offensively, but he was all over the place, good prospect.

This line-up sure doesn't look like it's there to win the game, just to goon it up. How long will it take MacT to figure out that Hemsky and Smyth should play together??? What's with wasting Hemsky's passing with Moreau on his line??? I just don't like the whole "spread out the offense" philosophy. Put the talent together and let them go.
A balanced attack is very important to a team like the Oilers. They don't have anybody who is going to make any lines seem REALLY great, so you have to balance everything so it's harder to shut down the offense. I WOULD like to see, however, a Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky line. I think that would be dynamite!

Old
09-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM

Hemsky had some of his best games on a line with Ethan, and Moreau assisted on Hemsky's first goal when it looked like the kid was gonna be ofer the season.

I don't think they'll be the dynamic duo and spend the whole season together but this looks a good chance for those three on the first line to play some big minutes.

Old
09-20-2003, 11:01 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm glad the Oil aren't icing a good lineup tonight! I'm going to the game on moday (of course!!!! ) and I REALLY want to see more of Rita. Just a thought, but would Rita-Smyth-Hemsky sound good to anybody else?? Rita has shown real good finish, and he's gritty and can skate. I think both him and Smyth would be perfect for Hemmer.....

Old
09-20-2003, 11:29 AM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
When Comrie comes back will Smyth go back to left wing? if not would a line combo like this work

Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky

York-Comrie Dvorak

Or is the second line to small to your guys liking?

Closed Thread