HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marian Gaborik at 2013 Draft

Old
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
1st Round Pick
Young player with upside
Top prospect

Similar to the Brent Burns trade in value.

I'm looking at San Jose for Hertl, Demers and a 1st. Or to Vancouver for 1st, Kassian and Raymond.
Gaborik is older, more expensive, and more injury prone than Burns though. I'd do 1st, Schroeder/Connauton, Raymond, but we'd need to dump Ballard somewhere else before being able to do that.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
I, for one find it insulting that people are offering only late firsts for the 3rd highest goal scorer in the league.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Gaborik is older, more expensive, and more injury prone than Burns though. I'd do 1st, Schroeder/Connauton, Raymond, but we'd need to dump Ballard somewhere else before being able to do that.
So basically you're offering spare parts for an elite goal scorer. Got it.

Gaborik is better than Burns though, I'm not saying he has more value, but that's a comparable asking price. Both had 1 yr left in contract as well.

And eh, Burns is pretty prone to injury himself.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:21 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
As usual one thing is being overlooked here. Gaborik really wanted to be in New York and likes being there. He has a NTC and will probably only waive it for just a couple teams. What will they give and who are they? Why would Gaborik after help making New York relevant again accept the move? So other guys can get paid, I doubt that very much. Even if he rides it out and gets no shot at being there in two years he still gets two cracks at the cup and then can pick his next destination. I don't see any way he waives his NTC.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
So basically you're offering spare parts for an elite goal scorer. Got it.

Gaborik is better than Burns though, I'm not saying he has more value, but that's a comparable asking price. Both had 1 yr left in contract as well.

And eh, Burns is pretty prone to injury himself.
Burns was also overpayment, imo. If the Rangers are looking to pre-empt cap difficulties, teams might take advantage of that in negotiating.

I'm offering a 1st either our best C/D prospect, and a decent 2/3 line player. It's not the moon, but I don't think Gaborik merits that much more at this point in time.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Burns was also overpayment, imo. If the Rangers are looking to pre-empt cap difficulties, teams might take advantage of that in negotiating.

I'm offering a 1st either our best C/D prospect, and a decent 2/3 line player. It's not the moon, but I don't think Gaborik merits that much more at this point in time.
Gaborik is easily worth a top prospect and then some. Schroeder/Connauton will never be regulars on the Rangers so it's essentially a first for an elite goal scorer. No thanks.

Burns deal wasn't overpayment, that's the market value to get star talent.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:33 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
As usual one thing is being overlooked here. Gaborik really wanted to be in New York and likes being there. He has a NTC and will probably only waive it for just a couple teams. What will they give and who are they? Why would Gaborik after help making New York relevant again accept the move? So other guys can get paid, I doubt that very much. Even if he rides it out and gets no shot at being there in two years he still gets two cracks at the cup and then can pick his next destination. I don't see any way he waives his NTC.
You would have to think la would be one of the teams he would wave for as they were in the final 2 when he was in free agency Also a contender in big a city just different coast. So again i suggest williams , king and matinez .

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
You would have to think la would be one of the teams he would wave for as they were in the final 2 when he was in free agency Also a contender in big a city just different coast. So again i suggest williams , king and matinez .
This is a great offer. I will take it if Gaborik is not re-signing at the 2013 draft.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
This is a great offer. I will take it if Gaborik is not re-signing at the 2013 draft.
lol thanks but im only one king fan you have to convince the others who i m betting will not like alec going. There is a sorta contion i need to put on it having one of Hickey muzzin or other ahl king defense steping up and showing they can play in the nhl to replace alec

Old
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Just read an THN article that suggested a trade around Boyle for Gaborik was in the works until Gaborik elected to have shoulder surgery.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...se-Sharks.html

Quote:
It was also rumored Wilson had offered Boyle to the Rangers for Marian Gaborik this spring but the deal feel through when Gaborik underwent off-season shoulder surgery.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Iceonfire

Detroit has the cap space and the desire to contend without a rebuild. I am sure they would at least make an offer.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:08 PM
InjuredChoker

Rangers have MDZ, McDonagh, Staal and Girardi. Why would they take another D on top of that and losing their best goal scorer, especially after having traded Dubinsky and Anisimov? Doesn't really make sense to me. Unless they plan on moving one of their younger for forward but that seems like lateral move, more or less. Boyle is getting up there in age, too.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:09 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Detroit has the cap space and the desire to contend without a rebuild. I am sure they would at least make an offer.
But we don't have assets.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

The real question is would the Rangers trade Gaborik for a mid/late 1st + good, not great prospect? I think that'd be pretty unwise.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:29 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
But we don't have assets.
1st + Tatar/Nyquist?

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Rangers have MDZ, McDonagh, Staal and Girardi. Why would they take another D on top of that and losing their best goal scorer, especially after having traded Dubinsky and Anisimov? Doesn't really make sense to me. Unless they plan on moving one of their younger for forward but that seems like lateral move, more or less. Boyle is getting up there in age, too.
Didn't make sense to me either.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:27 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
1st + Tatar/Nyquist?
I don't think Rangers would do that but unless it's like top 10 pick, I'd seriously consider that.

With an solid top6er, it would allow us to make a trade for Dman.

But Holland hates trades.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
lol thanks but im only one king fan you have to convince the others who i m betting will not like alec going. There is a sorta contion i need to put on it having one of Hickey muzzin or other ahl king defense steping up and showing they can play in the nhl to replace alec
Kings hang up on themselves. We're not giving up three important and under-priced assets for only one year of an overpriced asset. Plus Gaborik's glass body wouldn't last one game in the forechecking style of the Kings.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
The real question is would the Rangers trade Gaborik for a mid/late 1st + good, not great prospect? I think that'd be pretty unwise.
I agree. Rangers should be running for the Cup, not running to a rebuild.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:07 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Kings hang up on themselves. We're not giving up three important and under-priced assets for only one year of an overpriced asset. Plus Gaborik's glass body wouldn't last one game in the forechecking style of the Kings.
I agree that the 3 are important pieces but they are easy to replace from within. King will be replaced by either Nikolay Prokhorkin Tanner Pearson or most likely the cheaper Andy Andreoff.

Next as i stated in my condition on the trade the kings would find there replacement for alec in muzzin or hickey or someone else in the ahl. the two above is also cheaper then alec.

So it then comes down to replacing williams with Marian Gaborik which in my mind is a no brainer. You bring up the made of glass with Gabrorik williams isnt exactly superman here i call the chance one of the two getting hurt even. I think kopitar having a true sniper will bring his game to the next level. His level of offense is going to bring more talent and hopefully more offensive to the king on the pp and 5 on 5.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Violent By Design

I know there is no chance they trade him within the division, but I'd like to have him in the Burgh.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Martinez can definitely have an argument for being the center piece in the trade IMO. His possession numbers are quite good. I think he can be a sustainable fixture on the top 4 for the long haul on the Rangers. I don't think he's that top 4 guy yet though. Fan of King as well to be the 3rd line C of the future as well. Williams can take Gaborik's spot on the first line.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:59 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
umm... if thats all it takes then as a Caps fan id do it in a heatbeat.

A last first for a full year of Gaborik

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Gaborik
Johansson-Riberio-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Wolski

Might not win the cup but atleast we might finally pass the second round. But i highly doubt Gaborik will go for a first round pick only
Wolski on third line, the dude has no physical game!

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Wolski on third line, the dude has no physical game!
he really doesnt have much of a game at all

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 11:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Would the Sharks consider something like

Tomas Hertl and their 2013 1st for Gaborik?
Quote:
1st Round Pick
Young player
Top prospect

Similar to the Brent Burns trade in value.

I'm looking at San Jose for Hertl, Demers and a 1st. Or to Vancouver for 1st, Kassian and Raymond.
No way in hell. Firstly, it puts the Sharks way over the salary cap. Secondly, hell no to Gaborik, we already have our own glass-man in Havlat, and thirdly, Gaborik is not going to put the Sharks over the top. They're done trading good prospects and 1sts at this point.

Just no.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote