HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-SJS

Old
11-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
My problem is do you really think Pavelski is the first line C for us? I mean sure he is a great 2nd line C but is he a first line C? Seems to me he is more or less another Dave Krejci. 1B 2A type guy. Sharks fans seem to hate the deal so here is my revised of it.

Clowe
Pavelski

Lupul (Resigned.)
Kadri
1st 2014
One of Percy, Finn, McKegg, Biggs

Kadri holds far more upside than MacA and fits what the Sharks lack in their top 6 Speed.
Percy Finn Mckegg and Biggs are all solid B prospects all of them with top 6/top 4 potential.

The 1st is a first.

And well Lupul is Lupul.

If they really want a C to replenish Depth then Bozak can be sent over but I doubt he would be an upgrade over SJS C's.

To my fellow leaf fans I know we should not trade our first but I am basing this off the fact Lou will land in Toronto.
This is better but I still probably wouldn't do it. If we do this it would be because we are starting a rebuild, which we are not doing right now.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
That is a big assumption that you could obtain Luongo for those pieces.

Are the Leafs better with the pieces you added absolutely. But they're still closer to a lottery team then a cup contending team. I just don't see Pavelski as being that piece to take us to the next level because he isn't the number # 1 center we need and he's also undersized. Plus he could just walk after next season. I'm not completely against the Leafs trading 1st rounders but considering the potential for the Leafs to still suck it better be for a player with more then 2 years term left on his contract (or that 1st has to be conditional).

Even if you add Pavelski we still lack a # 1 center and should one become available now we don't have any assets to acquire that center.

Next off-season is when I think the Leafs should be looking to go all-in on a center whether it be offering huge money to Getzlaf (with Zajac, Weiss, Roy as backup plans) or trading for a true # 1.
Although I dont agree with you about pavelski, your evaluation about the team and your idea to go all in for a center next season makes a lot of sense as well. Solid post and thanks for your insight.

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Pinkfloyd

Are people serious with their evaluations of Joe Pavelski? He is a bona fide first line player. Wing or center, it doesn't matter. This guy scored 30 goals going against the opposition's top offensive line. He wins where it counts...on the scoreboard. He may not be a point-per-game player but his defensive game against the best make up for it and when you have a player that wins consistently in the goal differential area, that's how you assemble teams to win hockey games.

That's part of the problem with the Leafs. The severe lack of a defensive conscious and that's one of the biggest positives to Pavelski's game. If you want to continue to disregard that aspect of the game, you will continue to see the results the Leafs have been putting out there year after year.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
My problem is do you really think Pavelski is the first line C for us? I mean sure he is a great 2nd line C but is he a first line C? Seems to me he is more or less another Dave Krejci. 1B 2A type guy. Sharks fans seem to hate the deal so here is my revised of it.

Clowe
Pavelski

Lupul (Resigned.)
Kadri
1st 2014
One of Percy, Finn, McKegg, Biggs

Kadri holds far more upside than MacA and fits what the Sharks lack in their top 6 Speed.
Percy Finn Mckegg and Biggs are all solid B prospects all of them with top 6/top 4 potential.

The 1st is a first.

And well Lupul is Lupul.

If they really want a C to replenish Depth then Bozak can be sent over but I doubt he would be an upgrade over SJS C's.

To my fellow leaf fans I know we should not trade our first but I am basing this off the fact Lou will land in Toronto.
Krejci is actually someone who interests me a lot more then Pavelski because he's two years younger, has an additional year on his deal and is a better player.

Listening to the Pierre McGuire Team 1200 Podcast from a few weeks ago he speculated Krejci could potentially be put on the block once the NHL returns because:

-They might want to move Seguin to his natural center position, Bergeron would be the number 2 with Kelly and Campbell as the 3/4

-His lockout comments about being treated like animals wouldn't have won him any favours with Jacobs

-He also noted that Krejci was in on the Nash offer

-and I believe he mentioned him being in on an offer for Yandle

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:16 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Krejci is actually someone who interests me a lot more then Pavelski because he's two years younger, has an additional year on his deal and is a better player.
How so? Similar production except that Pavelski is a better goal scorer, and Pavelski is better defensively.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:38 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
They are, Macarthur, bozak, and Lupul are all top 6 forwards with the first two being on the borderline but should put up the same numbers as clowe and provide speed which the sharks need.
no bozak is NOT a legit top 6 forward

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:07 PM
JKsilverstick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Are people serious with their evaluations of Joe Pavelski? He is a bona fide first line player. Wing or center, it doesn't matter. This guy scored 30 goals going against the opposition's top offensive line. He wins where it counts...on the scoreboard. He may not be a point-per-game player but his defensive game against the best make up for it and when you have a player that wins consistently in the goal differential area, that's how you assemble teams to win hockey games.
Eh, he only scored 30 goals one time. He has to do it a bajillion more times for it to mean anything.

JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:

Listening to the Pierre McGuire Team 1200 Podcast from a few weeks ago he speculated Krejci could potentially be put on the block once the NHL returns because:

-They might want to move Seguin to his natural center position, Bergeron would be the number 2 with Kelly and Campbell as the 3/4

-His lockout comments about being treated like animals wouldn't have won him any favours with Jacobs

-He also noted that Krejci was in on the Nash offer

-and I believe he mentioned him being in on an offer for Yandle
LOL at listening to Pierre Mcguire.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:16 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
How so? Similar production except that Pavelski is a better goal scorer, and Pavelski is better defensively.
Ehhhhh.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:25 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Ehhhhh.
Than David Krejci? Uh, yeah, Pavelski is much better defensively and it's not a debate.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:39 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I have a buddy of mine who knows all about trades. Seems like a good offer but sharks need to make a profit so make that to clowe alone. That's the best I can do. And that's being generous because Iupul would be taking up space on the bench

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I have a buddy of mine who knows all about trades. Seems like a good offer but sharks need to make a profit so make that to clowe alone. That's the best I can do. And that's being generous because Iupul would be taking up space on the bench
You are the weakest link goodbye.

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Iupul eh.

Should get your facts checked

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote