HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-mtl

Old
11-22-2012, 03:02 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSMITH View Post
To Edmonton:
Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal:
RNH
Devan Dubnyk
Oscar Kelfbom
2nd 2014

Tell me what you think
No, easily form MTL.

Dubnyk isn't even close to Price and the gap RNH between and Galchenyuk is too big right now, maybe in a year or two is will be close. Klefbom and the pick is a bit intruiging, but EDM wouldn't want to part with Klefbom or RNH, the same goes for MTL with Price and Galchenyuk.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe View Post
Essentially it would be Carey Price for Dubnyk, Klefbom, 2nd, and the difference in value from Galchenyuk to RNH. Price would have to go for more then that I would think.
or it would be RNH + Dubnyk for Price and the difference between Klefbom +2nd and Galy.

RNH is worth a lot more to EDM than upgrading from Dubnyk to Price.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:04 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
I'm going to call Montreal my second-favorite team. Surprise, the Oilers are my fave.

Montreal says no because they would compromise their best position in the league, goaltending, to shore up their offence, which they believe can be covered by Galchenyuk anyways.

Edmonton says no because they would compromise a position they have no depth in, centre, to shore up their goaltending, which they (likely dumbly) believe can be covered by Dubnyk.

In the end, EDM wouldn't want to trade RNH except for the moon, and MTL won't trade Price except for a larger one.
Agreed with everything you said. Well done.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:05 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
or it would be RNH + Dubnyk for Price and the difference between Klefbom +2nd and Galy.

RNH is worth a lot more to EDM than upgrading from Dubnyk to Price.
Same with vice-versa (Price). Agreed.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't mean last year, I mean now. He's gotta finish the year and has only been producing more as season progressed. You said '> Galy's prodcution this season.'

You can say that if you wish so how about uhmm, Pacioretty for every useful asset in edmonton besides big 4? I mean...clearly, you get the best player. You get the idea I hope. Price is elite himself and so is RNH so I don't think this 'best player' even really applies as there is a high level going each way.
so lets say NHL is done for the year and Galy finishes the season with 110pts. Is that really a lot more impressive than RNH's 106 points playing against older players in a tougher league? Galy is playing against kids that may be 2 yrs younger then him. Scoring 100+ points would be great but not as impressive as RNH..

It is like when Hall and Eberle both ended up with 106 points in juniors one year. Ebs had the age advantage but junior experience was the same. Until Hall was drafted by the Oilers, saying Ebs name in the same breath as Hall would have been blasphemy.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Agreed with everything you said. Well done.
so now lets argue over the team that would demand the larger moon!!

Old
11-22-2012, 03:16 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSMITH View Post
To Edmonton:
Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal:
RNH
Devan Dubnyk
Oscar Kelfbom
2nd 2014

Tell me what you think
You keep changing the deal...

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:20 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
so now lets argue over the team that would demand the larger moon!!
I think it would take Venus and Jupiter to get Price... Oh wait

Old
11-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Fantasy deals are fantasy deals and should stay in your head.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

The argument that Galchenyuk is equal or will be better than Nuge is a little ridiculous at this point. However, I feel that Montreal got the type of player they desperately needed in Galchenyuk, so to them, he holds perhaps a bit more value than he would for other teams and understandably so. Would they trade him 1 on 1 for Nuge? They would be crazy not to do it and anybody who doesn't agree needs to check their team coloured glasses at the door.

All that being said, this trade is really one sided. There's no way the package offered after Nuge comes close to the value of Price.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:26 PM
BarDownBobo

Here's something to ponder:

RNH was the undisputed #1 pick in his draft year, every scouting service had him at #1. This year, in a weaker draft, Galchenyuk was rated 4th by the CSS. You can try to argue that Galchenyuk would have scored more in his draft year than RNH, but that's something that will never be known. What is known is that in his draft year, he would have played with Yakupov, look at who RNH played with in his draft year. A bunch of no name players.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:54 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Here's something to ponder:

RNH was the undisputed #1 pick in his draft year, every scouting service had him at #1. This year, in a weaker draft, Galchenyuk was rated 4th by the CSS. You can try to argue that Galchenyuk would have scored more in his draft year than RNH, but that's something that will never be known. What is known is that in his draft year, he would have played with Yakupov, look at who RNH played with in his draft year. A bunch of no name players.
While you're pondering that, think about the fact that Galchenyuk was the first player in over 20 years to play less than 10 games in a season and still get drafted in the top 10. He definitely would've been challenging Yakupov for the top spot if he had played the full season.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:02 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
While you're pondering that, think about the fact that Galchenyuk was the first player in over 20 years to play less than 10 games in a season and still get drafted in the top 10. He definitely would've been challenging Yakupov for the top spot if he had played the full season.
How is that fact of any value?

Old
11-22-2012, 06:02 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
I'm going to call Montreal my second-favorite team. Surprise, the Oilers are my fave.

Montreal says no because they would compromise their best position in the league, goaltending, to shore up their offence, which they believe can be covered by Galchenyuk anyways.

Edmonton says no because they would compromise a position they have no depth in, centre, to shore up their goaltending, which they (likely dumbly) believe can be covered by Dubnyk.

In the end, EDM wouldn't want to trade RNH except for the moon, and MTL won't trade Price except for a larger one.
Thank you. Really not complicated. Big pieces going back and forth but the needs don't work.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
so lets say NHL is done for the year and Galy finishes the season with 110pts. Is that really a lot more impressive than RNH's 106 points playing against older players in a tougher league? Galy is playing against kids that may be 2 yrs younger then him. Scoring 100+ points would be great but not as impressive as RNH..

It is like when Hall and Eberle both ended up with 106 points in juniors one year. Ebs had the age advantage but junior experience was the same. Until Hall was drafted by the Oilers, saying Ebs name in the same breath as Hall would have been blasphemy.
Older players in an older league? He played in the WHL, same age class as OHL. What are you talking about? When did RNH score 106 points in an older and tougher league? Yes, RNH has reached a higher league, no doubt about it, he's excelled in that league as well, no question. I'm just comparing what you said, you said RNH last junior year(which is equivalent to gally's current year as he lost entire year) was > than Gally's current year. I said Gally is on pace to surpass RNH's mark in junior in a tougher league(OHL>WHL). I will say it's just juniors and Gally is older than RNH was, but all things combined, missed year of development, major injury, etc etc, I don't think > is justifiable and I'm not prepared to say Gally is doing better than RNH was at same year of development either.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:21 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Older players in an older league? He played in the WHL, same age class as OHL. What are you talking about? When did RNH score 106 points in an older and tougher league? Yes, RNH has reached a higher league, no doubt about it, he's excelled in that league as well, no question. I'm just comparing what you said, you said RNH last junior year(which is equivalent to gally's current year as he lost entire year) was > than Gally's current year. I said Gally is on pace to surpass RNH's mark in junior in a tougher league(OHL>WHL). I will say it's just juniors and Gally is older than RNH was, but all things combined, missed year of development, major injury, etc etc, I don't think > is justifiable and I'm not prepared to say Gally is doing better than RNH was at same year of development either.
He's saying that Hopkins got 106 while draft eligible, and Gally is doing it while already drafted. Basically Hopkins did it at a younger age, which made it more impressive.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:12 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
How is that fact of any value?
You brought up the fact that RNH was ranked #1 but Galchenyuk was ranked #4. The fact that he still managed to go #3 in the draft is HUGE when you consider that he missed almost the entire season.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:28 PM
MXD

Agree with most non-Oilers fans -- Oilers JUMP at this one. Habs refuse, though.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Drydenwasthebest

The Oil MIGHT consider this deal. The Habs reuse it outright. RNH + Dubnyk for Price is something to ponder (Habs probably still say "no"). Klefbom and a 2nd for Galchenyuk is not going to get the Habs to even answer the phone. As such, the proposal fails for the Habs.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:52 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
You brought up the fact that RNH was ranked #1 but Galchenyuk was ranked #4. The fact that he still managed to go #3 in the draft is HUGE when you consider that he missed almost the entire season.
Or just a statement as to the quality of his draft. Don't get me wrong, I think Galchenyuk will be a really good player, but Hopkins is special. No way the Oilers would trade straight up, and it Montreal fans say they wouldn't from their side they're dilusional.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:08 PM
rockinghockey

For some to say that Gal will be a point a player in the NHL is crazy, only 5 players in the NHL averaged a point per game, I would take RNH over Gal any day and as far as Price is I don't see him as one of the top goalies in the league plus the amount his cap hit is no thank you.

EDM is a better team with RNH, Klefbom, and Duby

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:06 PM
alphahelix

Oilers would never do this, Canadiens fans are high on Gally right now (rightfully and expectedly so, but still inflating perceived value in the fan base) , and - whats the difference between Luongo and Price?

Oilers will trade for neither of them, and won't break a sweat over it. They have had league-worst defence, PERIOD. When you look at Dubnyk's stats with that in mind, they're downright mind blowing. Oilers management are sold on Dubs, so they won't be cutting off their balls and serving them up to MTL any time soon just to upgrade him.

To be fair, season ending injury to Klefbom that might affect his career would make MTL skeptical as to whether RNH alone could make as much of an impact as Price. Pick wouldn't be in this deal, even if it was it wouldn't change much in terms of dynamics.

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:42 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
For some to say that Gal will be a point a player in the NHL is crazy, only 5 players in the NHL averaged a point per game, I would take RNH over Gal any day and as far as Price is I don't see him as one of the top goalies in the league plus the amount his cap hit is no thank you.

EDM is a better team with RNH, Klefbom, and Duby
It's not crazy at all to say that he has the potential to do that. I don't think anyone's saying that he'll do it year in and year out but it's not crazy to think that in a full season in his prime Gally could hit 80+ points.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:14 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Agree with most non-Oilers fans -- Oilers JUMP at this one. Habs refuse, though.
You see, that's the thing... We really don't. Our team gets much worse from this deal. We trade away a big goalie who took over the starting role and looked fantastic the last half of the year, one of our top 2 prospects (outside of the #1 overalls) who is one of the top dmen in the SEL, and our #1 center, in exchange for a guy who MIGHT one day be somewhat close to as good as the guy we already have, and get a little better in net for a LOT more money...

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:16 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's not crazy at all to say that he has the potential to do that. I don't think anyone's saying that he'll do it year in and year out but it's not crazy to think that in a full season in his prime Gally could hit 80+ points.
and Klefbom could just as likely be a #1 dman... what's your point?

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote