HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-mtl

Old
11-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
The truth is very relaxing, letting people sleep much better. A healthy Galchenyuk would have challenged Yakupov for first overall. "Challenged" does not necessarily mean "beaten". I don't see why such a simple reality is so problematic for some.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 09:14 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
The truth is very relaxing, letting people sleep much better. A healthy Galchenyuk would have challenged Yakupov for first overall. "Challenged" does not necessarily mean "beaten". I don't see why such a simple reality is so problematic for some.
I don't see it. Both were healthy in 2010-2011. And it wasn't even close between the two who was the better player.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Oh my. 😙 Is this how most mtl fans feel?
I don't. At this point, RNH is clearly proven to be better. My issue is more with the Yakupov vs Galchenyuk end. Both are phenomenal prospects, both bring certain qualities to a team, and if Galchenyuk would have played a full season, I think Edmonton would have had a more difficult choice since they have a need for a center.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
LOL try again
Actually, don't

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Lowe in Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSMITH View Post
To Edmonton:
Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal:
RNH
Devan Dubnyk
Oscar Kelfbom
2nd 2014

Tell me what you think

Oilers laugh at this so hard!!

First of all, Dubnyk will be just fine in nets, we don't need Price and his losing attitude in the locker-room

RNH will be elite, top 5 in the league.

Oscar Klefbom is the best defenseman not playing in the NHL right now (not including sellouts that play in Europe during the lockout)

Plus you want the Oilers to throw in a 2nd??!?!?!?!

Galchenyuk is even less proven than Yak.

I would do:
Yakupov
Dubnyk
pick

for

Galchenyuk
Price

Then the Oilers might be interested. RNH is a non-starter.

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 09:06 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post

First of all, Dubnyk will be just fine in nets, we don't need Price and his losing attitude in the locker-room

Oscar Klefbom is the best defenseman not playing in the NHL right now (not including sellouts that play in Europe during the lockout)

I would do:
Yakupov
Dubnyk
pick

for

Galchenyuk
Price

lol what? Price has a losing attitude ? When we lose he's always the most pissed during the post-game interviews. He's won at every level he played except the nhl.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
lol what? Price has a losing attitude ? When we lose he's always the most pissed during the post-game interviews. He's won at every level he played except the nhl.
That guy is an overhelm oiler fan...

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 10:59 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I don't see it. Both were healthy in 2010-2011. And it wasn't even close between the two who was the better player.

key points:

2:09-2:20 ish.
3:09-3:16
4:08-4:16

Whatever, obviously Yakupov went first and didn't lose a year of development. I'm not naive enough to suggest Gally has more value or is likely to be better player(but anything is possible right?).

However, it seems to me that when a guy doesn't play due to major injury and still goes 3rd overall it means he's good and saying if he played, he'd challenge #1 isn't really rocket science. Maybe he'd still end up 3rd, maybe he'd end up 2nd or 1st or have a bad year and end up 10th. However, logic would suggest his stock would rise if he weren't in middle of major injury at the time. Not sure why people gte defensive about such a bland and obvious statement.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 11-24-2012 at 11:05 PM.
LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Winning produces a bad attitude I guess. That WJC probably ruined Eberle too. It's just common sense brah.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 11-24-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old
11-24-2012, 11:25 PM
glenbuis

when first reading this thread i thought no way, the habs would be crazy to do this, but when think about it Nugent-Hopkins could still grow another inch or two and eventually put on 20 pounds of muscle and potentially be the best player on hte planet. Lets see if we can get Bergevin and the guy in charge in Edmonton together and will do this deal.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
when first reading this thread i thought no way, the habs would be crazy to do this, but when think about it Nugent-Hopkins could still grow another inch or two and eventually put on 20 pounds of muscle and potentially be the best player on hte planet. Lets see if we can get Bergevin and the guy in charge in Edmonton together and will do this deal.
I doubt RNH will be as good as crosby or malkin. That being said, he's a fantastic player, edmonton is very fortunate to have their young talent.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:03 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Good value, but neither team would do it. Montreal is built from the net out, Edmonton the opposite. That trade would basically mean Montreal would be significantly worst next year while Edmonton might stay where they are, which is bad, until galchenyuk is ready. Gagner 1C?

That said and as much as I like gally, rnh is on another level. Kid is crazy good and we can only hope he becomes anywhere near rnh

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Jamin

RNH is the most untouchable of any oiler because after him its Gagner, Horcoff and belanger with some AHLers. No position is as bad as center, Oilers havent had a first line center since Doug Weight left. Oiler fans have learned the value of a number 1 center and pretty much the only way to get them is to draft and develop or hope a Joe Thorton situation happens

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:30 PM
theboss*

Quote:

I would do:
Yakupov
Dubnyk
pick

for

Galchenyuk
Price

Hahahahaha fail so much fail

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

I would do:
Yakupov
Dubnyk
pick

for

Galchenyuk
Price

Montreal laugh at this so hard!!

First of all, Galchenyuk will be just fine at center, we don't need RNH and his losing attitude in the locker-room.

Price will be elite, top 5 in the league.

Oscar Klefbom is not playing in the NHL right now (due to the lock out), nor has he played, yet.

Plus you want the Oilers to ONLY throw in a 2nd??!?!?!?!

Dubnyk is less proven than Price.

I would do:
Hall
Klefbom
1st round pick 2013

Galchenyuk
Weber
Kaberle (I am feeling generous on this one)

Then the Habs might be interested. Price is a non-starter.

Man, it DOES feel good to just toss out a bunch of crap!!! LOL

Old
11-27-2012, 09:44 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSMITH View Post
To Edmonton:
Carey Price
Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal:
RNH
Devan Dubnyk
Oscar Kelfbom
2nd 2014

Tell me what you think
Nothing to see here kids . Both teams passes

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:51 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
As an Oiler fan ,if he played a full season and was even close to Yak , I would have been for drafting him 1st . Hall and Galchenyuk , Eberle and RNH . Would be a start to a great top 6 . 1a 1b line up switch as needed

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
As an Oiler fan ,if he played a full season and was even close to Yak , I would have been for drafting him 1st . Hall and Galchenyuk , Eberle and RNH . Would be a start to a great top 6 . 1a 1b line up switch as needed
Exactly what I was thinking. IF Galchenyuk had played and been as good as he is projected to be, it would have been a tougher choice for Edmonton due to their need for a center. That is not an insult towards Yakupov, just a simple reality. Nice to see an Oilers fan understand that point. Thank you.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:

I would do:
Yakupov
Dubnyk
pick

for

Galchenyuk
Price

Now that's funny. Who has a bigger loser attitude in this league than Edmonton. We don't want Edmonton to throw in a 2nd, or their best D prospect, or anybody else. Keep your crap, we'll keep our crap, as the responses seem to infer from both sides that the return is mostly inadequate. Montreal is not in the business of building rosters for other teams. Most teams try to build from the net out. That's the route Montreal has chosen. Edmonton on the other hand has chosen the Philadelphia way of building. Put all your eggs in the forwards basket, hope for the best everywhere else.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
Now that's funny. Who has a bigger loser attitude in this league than Edmonton. We don't want Edmonton to throw in a 2nd, or their best D prospect, or anybody else. Keep your crap, we'll keep our crap, as the responses seem to infer from both sides that the return is mostly inadequate. Montreal is not in the business of building rosters for other teams. Most teams try to build from the net out. That's the route Montreal has chosen. Edmonton on the other hand has chosen the Philadelphia way of building. Put all your eggs in the forwards basket, hope for the best everywhere else.
So what, were they supposed to take Murray at 1st overall this year? Pass on RNH for Hamilton or Larsson? Take Gudbranson over Hall or Seguin? If Montreal doesn't get the lucky 5th overall pick in 2005 and get an elite goalie, Montreal doesn't "build from the net out". If the Habs had the 1st overall pick the same years as Edmonton I'd be very unhappy if we didn't pick the same players as them (you could swap Hall for Seguin and it'd be fine). It's not like there was this overarching strategy in place forever that Montreal was going to get Price, then draft Subban and Pacioretty, then take a Galchenyuk type. We got very lucky to have the 5th overall pick, and Timmins felt Price was the best player available. High draft picks (especially #1 overall), you take the best player available, no questions asked. Edmonton has a group of skilled forwards because the best player available in the last 3 drafts has been a forward. There's really no defenseman in any of their draft years you could legitimately justify Edmonton taking over Hall, RNH, and Yakupov.

As for this trade proposal, I see it as in the right ballpark for value, but I don't think the Habs want to trade Price, and the Oilers don't want to deal RNH, so it's probably not realistic. Strictly looking at value it's not too bad, but I just don't see either team moving those pieces. It would make Montreal a much better team right now though (which is part of the issue, it sets the Oilers back another year of waiting for Gally to develop), assuming we could trade Desharnais for a top 4 D or another top 6 winger.

Last edited by Noob616: 11-27-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
So what, were they supposed to take Murray at 1st overall this year? Pass on RNH for Hamilton or Larsson? Take Gudbranson over Hall or Seguin? If Montreal doesn't get the lucky 5th overall pick in 2005 and get an elite goalie, Montreal doesn't "build from the net out". If the Habs had the 1st overall pick the same years as Edmonton I'd be very unhappy if we didn't pick the same players as them (you could swap Hall for Seguin and it'd be fine). It's not like there was this overarching strategy in place forever that Montreal was going to get Price, then draft Subban and Pacioretty, then take a Galchenyuk type. We got very lucky to have the 5th overall pick, and Timmins felt Price was the best player available. High draft picks (especially #1 overall), you take the best player available, no questions asked. Edmonton has a group of skilled forwards because the best player available in the last 3 drafts has been a forward. There's really no defenseman in any of their draft years you could legitimately justify Edmonton taking over Hall, RNH, and Yakupov.
If Montreal didn't have Price we would of kept Halak and still built from the net out and if Halak didn't work out we would be front-runners for getting Luongo or drafting Subban in the last draft.

You are trying to make it sound like the only reason we are building from the net out is because of Price and it's not. It's more of an understanding that if you're not getting top draft picks thats the way it has to be done. Two years ago we had a very experienced and capable defence with the likes of Markov, Hamrlik, Gill, Spacek and Gorges. We've always valued defence and good goaltending, not that it always works out.

Plus, the reason we drafted Price at 5th overall was because of this philosophy we had before the draft and that was the importance of building from the net out.

Last edited by Frozenice: 11-27-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Oilin Toronto

I must admit that I am a big fan of Price, and understand the support he has from the HABs faithful.

However, with the exception of a handful of players in the league, I would absolutely not consider trading RNH. Up until he got injured, he was averaging pretty close to a pt/gm (for an 18yr old, playing the C position). His impact on the team was immediate. The powerplay was woefull until he came on board. He has great attitude, and is destined to become a star in the NHL. These types of players don't come by very often, and when they do, it's best to keep them...no matter what the offer happens to be.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Is it not possible to have a trade discussion without crapping on each others players?

This thread is gross.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 06:15 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post

As for this trade proposal, I see it as in the right ballpark for value, but I don't think the Habs want to trade Price, and the Oilers don't want to deal RNH, so it's probably not realistic. Strictly looking at value it's not too bad, but I just don't see either team moving those pieces. It would make Montreal a much better team right now though (which is part of the issue, it sets the Oilers back another year of waiting for Gally to develop), assuming we could trade Desharnais for a top 4 D or another top 6 winger.
False when we drafted Price we had Huet, prime Jose Theodore and drafted Halak( iirc), so our way of building a team has been the same for a while.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:42 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
False when we drafted Price we had Huet, prime Jose Theodore and drafted Halak( iirc), so our way of building a team has been the same for a while.
Not to mention we have ALWAYS had a pretty good goaltender throughout history, from as far as I can remember with the exception of the year Huet and Aebischer were dreadful. It's definitely our 'mentality'.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote