HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-mtl

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
  #176
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. IF Galchenyuk had played and been as good as he is projected to be, it would have been a tougher choice for Edmonton due to their need for a center. That is not an insult towards Yakupov, just a simple reality. Nice to see an Oilers fan understand that point. Thank you.
NP a center always has more value . Plus our need at center is clear to fans of all teams . An elite center can make an average winger a star . An elite winger is not making anyone a star other then his self.

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
  #177
Beer Me
Registered User
 
Beer Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: the slum
Posts: 53
vCash: 447
Basically how I see this deal:

Price for Nugent-Hopkins
Galchenyuk for Devan Dubnyk, Oscar Kelfbom, 2nd 2014

So Edmonton trades their franchise player for a franchise goaltender and an elite centre man. Although RNH will arguably be the best player of the bunch, this trade might actually make Edmonton a better team overall down the road. They will be set in the goalie position for a long time, at the cost of downgrading slightly in the C position. (Superstar to Elite)

As for Montreal, why would they trade two corner pieces for one really good one. Doesn't make much sense.

Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:34 PM
  #178
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
Basically how I see this deal:

Price for Nugent-Hopkins
Galchenyuk for Devan Dubnyk, Oscar Kelfbom, 2nd 2014

So Edmonton trades their franchise player for a franchise goaltender and an elite centre man. Although RNH will arguably be the best player of the bunch, this trade might actually make Edmonton a better team overall down the road. They will be set in the goalie position for a long time, at the cost of downgrading slightly in the C position. (Superstar to Elite)

As for Montreal, why would they trade two corner pieces for one really good one. Doesn't make much sense.
Slight downgrade?

Our new 1-2 centres will be Gagner and Horcoff, come on down!

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:35 PM
  #179
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Oh I missed Gally!

My bad!

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:37 PM
  #180
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,683
vCash: 250
No, Edmonton is not moving RNH at this point.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:46 PM
  #181
Beer Me
Registered User
 
Beer Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: the slum
Posts: 53
vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Slight downgrade?

Our new 1-2 centres will be Gagner and Horcoff, come on down!
If you read my post closely...you would realize that I was talking about the future, not the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
this trade might actually make Edmonton a better team overall down the road. They will be set in the goalie position for a long time, at the cost of downgrading slightly in the C position. (Superstar to Elite)
Slightly was a bad word to use. ha. RNH is on another level then Gally, but is the gap seperating them worth Price? I don't think so.


Last edited by Beer Me: 11-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:55 PM
  #182
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
Basically how I see this deal:

Price for Nugent-Hopkins
Galchenyuk for Devan Dubnyk, Oscar Kelfbom, 2nd 2014

So Edmonton trades their franchise player for a franchise goaltender and an elite centre man. Although RNH will arguably be the best player of the bunch, this trade might actually make Edmonton a better team overall down the road. They will be set in the goalie position for a long time, at the cost of downgrading slightly in the C position. (Superstar to Elite)

As for Montreal, why would they trade two corner pieces for one really good one. Doesn't make much sense.
Here's why you make this deal:
1) RNH will be the best player in this trade...and it's universally known that the team who gets the best player usually ends up winning the trade. As an 18 year old rookie C, he was averaging close to a pt/gm until he got injured. His skill set, and hockey IQ don't come around very often.
2) Please show me some stats to back up your argument that Price is as ELITE as Montreal fans think. Try not give me stats from his Junior days, just what he's done in the past couple of years. His save % was only .02 better than Dubnyk while playing on team that had better D. On top of that Dubnyk played significantly better at the end of the year when he became the Oilers' #1 goalie. Don't get me wrong...I love Price, but you cannot discount the fact that Dubnyk is showing signs of being a middle of the pack starting goalie. Let's just say that he shouldn't be considered just a throw in.
3)IMO the difference in Klefbom and Galchenyuk are not that big of a gap. Gally is much more unproven that Klefbom at this point in their careers. A good example of this is Klefbom last year at the WJC was voted as one of the top 2 D's, while playing against the best competition in the world for his age. Prior to his injury this year, he was one of the best D in the SEL, arguably the best league outside of the NHL. He has as good a chance as any D prospect outside of the NHL to potentially become a 1st pairing D.

I don't even need to talk about Gally, because I think that he is going to be an exceptional player, but outside of the 1 good year that he had in the OHL, playing alongside the best player in the league in Yakupov does not prove much to me.

As an Oiler fan, there's only a handful of players that I would trade RNH for, and unfortunately for Montreal fans, they're not named Price or Galchenyuk.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 04:00 PM
  #183
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Here's why you make this deal:
1) RNH will be the best player in this trade...and it's universally known that the team who gets the best player usually ends up winning the trade. As an 18 year old rookie C, he was averaging close to a pt/gm until he got injured. His skill set, and hockey IQ don't come around very often.
2) Please show me some stats to back up your argument that Price is as ELITE as Montreal fans think. Try not give me stats from his Junior days, just what he's done in the past couple of years. His save % was only .02 better than Dubnyk while playing on team that had better D. On top of that Dubnyk played significantly better at the end of the year when he became the Oilers' #1 goalie. Don't get me wrong...I love Price, but you cannot discount the fact that Dubnyk is showing signs of being a middle of the pack starting goalie. Let's just say that he shouldn't be considered just a throw in.
3)IMO the difference in Klefbom and Galchenyuk are not that big of a gap. Gally is much more unproven that Klefbom at this point in their careers. A good example of this is Klefbom last year at the WJC was voted as one of the top 2 D's, while playing against the best competition in the world for his age. Prior to his injury this year, he was one of the best D in the SEL, arguably the best league outside of the NHL. He has as good a chance as any D prospect outside of the NHL to potentially become a 1st pairing D.

I don't even need to talk about Gally, because I think that he is going to be an exceptional player, but outside of the 1 good year that he had in the OHL, playing alongside the best player in the league in Yakupov does not prove much to me.

As an Oiler fan, there's only a handful of players that I would trade RNH for, and unfortunately for Montreal fans, they're not named Price or Galchenyuk.
I meant to say: Here's why you make this deal if you're MONTREAL.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:27 PM
  #184
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Here's why you make this deal:
1) RNH will be the best player in this trade...and it's universally known that the team who gets the best player usually ends up winning the trade. As an 18 year old rookie C, he was averaging close to a pt/gm until he got injured. His skill set, and hockey IQ don't come around very often.
2) Please show me some stats to back up your argument that Price is as ELITE as Montreal fans think. Try not give me stats from his Junior days, just what he's done in the past couple of years. His save % was only .02 better than Dubnyk while playing on team that had better D. On top of that Dubnyk played significantly better at the end of the year when he became the Oilers' #1 goalie. Don't get me wrong...I love Price, but you cannot discount the fact that Dubnyk is showing signs of being a middle of the pack starting goalie. Let's just say that he shouldn't be considered just a throw in.
3)IMO the difference in Klefbom and Galchenyuk are not that big of a gap. Gally is much more unproven that Klefbom at this point in their careers. A good example of this is Klefbom last year at the WJC was voted as one of the top 2 D's, while playing against the best competition in the world for his age. Prior to his injury this year, he was one of the best D in the SEL, arguably the best league outside of the NHL. He has as good a chance as any D prospect outside of the NHL to potentially become a 1st pairing D.

I don't even need to talk about Gally, because I think that he is going to be an exceptional player, but outside of the 1 good year that he had in the OHL, playing alongside the best player in the league in Yakupov does not prove much to me.

As an Oiler fan, there's only a handful of players that I would trade RNH for, and unfortunately for Montreal fans, they're not named Price or Galchenyuk.
Not "unfortunate" at all, since we don't want to move Price for RNH. We 100% don't move Galchenyuk for Klefbom, Dubnyk, and a 2nd. So, there is no deal to be had. You keep your pieces with joy, and we do the same. No hard feelings...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.