HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Winnipeg

Old
11-22-2012, 04:28 PM
The Saurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
P.k . =>. Kane and is > Bogosian
I wouldn't trade P.K straight up for either one of them.

I'm sure all thirty NHL GMs would gladly trade PK Subban for either Evander Kane or Zach Bogosian.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 04:44 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post

I'm sure all thirty NHL GMs would gladly trade PK Subban for either Evander Kane or Zach Bogosian.
For Kane probably. Bogo not a chance.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 04:56 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post

Subban is easily better than Bogosian. For Kane, it would depend on the teams need. For instance, if the Flyers had Subban I doubt they'd be trading him for another winger.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:00 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
I can see it with Kane too but for Bogo? hell no.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Given the opportunity, I would not trade Bogo straight up for PK. I like PK and think that he plays a good game with a tonne of energy but Bogo suffered from the Thrashers rushing him in (like they did with almost every ******* prospect). Last year, he started to show what he could become and was very impressive. If he can get back to 100% health and really take in what Charlie Huddy is teaching him, he can become an NHL superstar.

Seanahue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't expect other teams to value Desharnais or Gallagher very highly, their size is just too much of a risk factor. We like them in Montreal. But you can't try to stack them up against a player with the profile of Kane in a trade proposal. It just isn't going to work. Let those diminutive guys build their resumes a bit first before you can even think of putting them in trade proposals. Until they do, they're worth more to the Habs than they will be on the NHL trade market (and <<< Kane to be sure).

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:28 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Subban is easily better than Bogosian. For Kane, it would depend on the teams need. For instance, if the Flyers had Subban I doubt they'd be trading him for another winger.
Bogosian scored at a higher rate than PK last season while getting less than a minute less average per game. How exactly is PK better than Bogosian?

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Bogosian scored at a higher rate than PK last season while getting less than a minute less average per game. How exactly is PK better than Bogosian?
Good call. I didn't even notice that.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:46 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Bogo and Subban are basically a wash depending on the teams needs. Anyone who says one is far and away better than the other obviously hasn't seen enough of the other guy.

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:10 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Career PPG:
Subban: 0.48
Bogosian: 0.34

He's better defensively as well.

Old
11-22-2012, 06:14 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Career PPG:
Subban: 0.48
Bogosian: 0.34

He's better defensively as well.
Bogosian was rushed into the NHL and only played three season, of course his PPG will be lower. Last season he had a better pace, while being over a year younger and having three inches on PK.

Bogosian played against other teams top lines and played excellent defensively. PK is not better defensively at best it's a wash

Old
11-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
The Jets just got back in the league and are not owned by Miami Marlins.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Bogosian was rushed into the NHL and only played three season, of course his PPG will be lower. Last season he had a better pace, while being over a year younger and having three inches on PK.

Bogosian played against other teams top lines and played excellent defensively. PK is not better defensively at best it's a wash
Pretty much sums it up

Old
11-22-2012, 07:47 PM
sharks9

Quote:

A barely better pace. If PK had 1 more point they would've had the same PPG. Besides, PK has put up 35+ points two years in a row, Bogosian hasn't done it once yet.

Subban definitely looks better looking at the advanced stats in most categories.

Subban
Corsi QoC: 1.266
GA/60 ON: 2.24
GA/60 OFF: 2.63
GF/60 ON: 2.80
GF/60 OFF: 2.10

Bogosian
Corsi QoC: -0.533
GA/60 ON: 2.68
GA/60 OFF: 2.41
GF/60 ON: 2.35
GF/60 OFF: 2.41

Looks like Subban's team scores more and lets in less goals when he's on the ice vs. Bogosian who lets in more goals and scores less when he's on, and against weaker competition too!

Last edited by sharks9: 11-22-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old
11-22-2012, 07:57 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
A barely better pace. If PK had 1 more point they would've had the same PPG. Besides, PK has put up 25+ points two years in a row, Bogosian hasn't done it once yet.

Subban definitely looks better looking at the advanced stats in most categories.

Subban
Corsi QoC: 1.266
GA/60 ON: 2.24
GA/60 OFF: 2.63
GF/60 ON: 2.80
GF/60 OFF: 2.10

Bogosian
Corsi QoC: -0.533
GA/60 ON: 2.68
GA/60 OFF: 2.41
GF/60 ON: 2.35
GF/60 OFF: 2.41

Looks like Subban's team scores more and lets in less goals when he's on the ice vs. Bogosian who lets in more goals and scores less when he's on, and against weaker competition too!
Bogosian hasn't got 25 points? He had 30 in 65 last year, while playing against the hardest offensively competition and getting more dzone starts then ozone starts.

They're essentially a wash as players. But Bogosian is 14 months younger and three inches taller.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:07 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Bogosian hasn't got 25 points? He had 30 in 65 last year, while playing against the hardest offensively competition and getting more dzone starts then ozone starts.

They're essentially a wash as players. But Bogosian is 14 months younger and three inches taller.
Why do you keep bringing up Bogo's size. It's like you're trying to say that Subban a smurf without actually saying it. Both play very physical games and I'm tempted to say that Subban's a better hitter although it doesn't mean he's more physical. Bogo's reach advantage is compensated by Subban's skating ability. Those 3 inches represent nothing.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:14 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Why do you keep bringing up Bogo's size. It's like you're trying to say that Subban a smurf without actually saying it. Both play very physical games and I'm tempted to say that Subban's a better hitter although it doesn't mean he's more physical. Bogo's reach advantage is compensated by Subban's skating ability. Those 3 inches represent nothing.
Bogosian also has elite level staying. Subban has a better shot and in my mind slightly better offensive instincts. Defensively I think they're pretty even. Both physical. I'm not bashing Subban at all. I think they're both awesome players. I think Bogosian's size gives him more potential and as such I'd take him over Subban.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:15 PM
sharks9

Quote:

I meant 35+, it was a typo. Again, Subban faced tougher competition and he started in his own zone more than Bogosian did as well. He was also +12 better than Bogosian on a worse team.

Stats like the ones I showed mean more than 3 inches in height.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Edgy

Quote:

If you knew anything about PK you wouldn't use that as an argument.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:09 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
I meant 35+, it was a typo. Again, Subban faced tougher competition and he started in his own zone more than Bogosian did as well. He was also +12 better than Bogosian on a worse team.

Stats like the ones I showed mean more than 3 inches in height.
Plus minus is an interesting stat. With the way Noel used his lines he tended to use Enstrom-byfuglien for easy minute, where Bogosian and his partner got the tough defensive minutes. For a period during the season Bogosian was paired with Stuart as the shutdown line. This worked terribly and really brought down Bogosian's stats.

Both players are young and great. No matter what both are great #2 dmen. I think both will be #1 dmen in the league. They are essentially a wash in my mind. Neither is clearly better than the other right now and to say they aren't close each other is imo ridiculous. Neither team trades players for the other straight up. I personally think Bogosian has better potential. But I'm sure Subban is also going to be a great player. Both are gonna be great and as for value I feel they're essentially a wash. Pretty good for Subban as a second round pick as opposed to Bogosian a former third overall

Old
11-22-2012, 10:35 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Big picture, I think you are splitting hairs if you are trying to differentiate Bogosian and PK. They both had pretty much an identical PPG average last season, they are both physical, both skate great, and both are counted on as the teams top defender (at least Bogosian is and I assume PK is as well). Two things that held Zach down just a bit last year was a sub optimal D partner for a long stretch (I love Stuie but he is not a top D pairing partner) and also being on the 2nd PP unit behind Toby and Buff. I think Bogo was 12th in p/60 5v5 scoring amoungst NHL D men last season and that is a stat he can be proud of given his ratio of D zone starts and quality of opposition.

I happen to be a very big fan of Subban and Bogosian. they are both top notch young Dmen who are going to have great careers and both teams are lucky to have them.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:08 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Because he plays for the habs

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:10 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Big picture, I think you are splitting hairs if you are trying to differentiate Bogosian and PK. They both had pretty much an identical PPG average last season, they are both physical, both skate great, and both are counted on as the teams top defender (at least Bogosian is and I assume PK is as well). Two things that held Zach down just a bit last year was a sub optimal D partner for a long stretch (I love Stuie but he is not a top D pairing partner) and also being on the 2nd PP unit behind Toby and Buff. I think Bogo was 12th in p/60 5v5 scoring amoungst NHL D men last season and that is a stat he can be proud of given his ratio of D zone starts and quality of opposition.

I happen to be a very big fan of Subban and Bogosian. they are both top notch young Dmen who are going to have great careers and both teams are lucky to have them.
I tried to say something like this early in the thread. The difference between PK and Bogo at this point in the careers is too close, and both their potentials so high that there is absolutely no reason for either fan base not to stay loyal to their player. But you knew since the other part of the OP was so lopsided this would turn into a PK Vs. Bogo debate which is too bad since they are both such good young defenseman.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I would make that trade from a Habs POV but i doubt Winnipeg does.

PK> Bogosian
Kane >>> smurf1 + smurf 2

Net win for the Habs.
I'm not a fan of both teams, but as far as I remember one of those smurfs scored 60 pts last season and would be Winnipeg's best center...

Kshahdoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:52 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
As much as I like Kane, I like my chocolate rocket better.

As for the op's deal: yeahokwheredoisign?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote