HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

What's your status with the latest NHLPA proposal?

View Poll Results: I still believe the NHL are in the right after the latest NHLPA proposal.
Yes, I side with the owners. 89 58.55%
No, the NHLPA appears to be trying harder. 15 9.87%
No and never did believe Bettman and the owners. I don't trust them. 48 31.58%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 02:35 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
I guess you could consider it "trying harder" for the NHLPA since they finally put a full, formal offer on the table after 6 months. But really, the NHL at this point is basically doing to the PA what was done to them over the last few months, make them negotiate against themselves.

Old
11-23-2012, 02:49 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 750
I don't care who wins anymore, I just want the next proposal accepted

Old
11-24-2012, 05:47 AM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
It's really a race to the bottom now. NHL tried hardest while NHLPA did pretty much zilch for a few months. Now it seems NHLPA is more eager to get a deal done. But it's too little, too late for both of them.

They weren't up to the task. Two guys using 90s negotiation tactics clashed and it ended with pathetic inability to find a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsilverstick View Post
The PA offer is not linkage. It is the same garbage, once again reworded. It is all the benefits of linkage, but none of the risks.
There is a pretty big difference between players getting $1.91B with at least 1.75% guaranteed raises and what the NHLPA proposed now. The lack of guaranteed raises makes it a different beast and the players share is significantly lower in year 1. The guarantee will still be unacceptable to owners since the principle of sharing the risks of the work stoppage is important to them.

Last edited by Freudian: 11-24-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old
11-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Falconone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post

Ha, what a useless quote in this situation. If you went out and found some marxists quotes that's one thing. This is a labor dispute, which could be argued as class warfare. Its not a marginalization of a people or group, nor are any of those people in danger of being rounded up and murdered.

Really, really inappropriate thing to say in my opinion. Clearly the scope and the framing of this issue has gotten completely out of control for many people.
Then, Lets hope they don't come for you !!!! *S*

Try to understand the metaphor

Old
11-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Seems to have run its course. Please pick up the discussion in the lockout thread.

Closed Thread