HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus-Vancouver

Old
11-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Columbus-Vancouver

To Vancouver: James Wisniewski

To Columbus: Mason Raymond, Jordan Schroeder, and a 2nd/3rd

****Contingent on us finding a place to trade Ballard to, like Ottawa or Detroit(but not for this thread)

The Canucks need a right side, puck moving Dman, while Columbus has a lot of young defensemen that will be pushing for roster spots when the season starts, and could use some help up front. They'd be getting a two-way speedster generally good for around 40 points, our top C prospect who's NHL ready but will likely be buried behind Vancouver's C depth if Kesler finishes recovering before the season starts.

Vancouver's Top-6:

Edler-Wisniewski
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Tanev

Columbus' Top-9(sorry if I get the lines wrong)

Anisimov-Dubinsky-Brassard
Umberger-Johanssen-Raymond
Huselius-Schroeder-Prospal

Essentially give Vancouver 6 top-4 defensemen(assuming Tanev continues his development) and Columbus 3 second lines.

Thoughts? Any minor tweaks needed?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

vCash: 500
If I'm correct, Columbus needs their only(?) rh pmd. Also worked out really well with Johnson. Cbj needs to get an impact player to trade Wis.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Violent By Design

I can't see Columbus having any interest in Schroeder.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:16 AM
pahlsson

vCash: 50
don't see a fit for wisniewski in van at all, and cbj prob wouldn't accept scraps for him either

pahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
I can't see Columbus having any interest in Schroeder.
Why not? They aren't exactly awash in star forward prospects. Who wouldn't want a two-way centre with great hockey sense and playmaking ability.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:20 AM
pahlsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Why not? They aren't exactly awash in star forward prospects. Who wouldn't want a two-way centre with great hockey sense and playmaking ability.
we're talking about schroeder here, not patrice bergeron

pahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
we're talking about schroeder here, not patrice bergeron
Which is why I didn't say Selke-calibre defense with size.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Yossarian54

I think Columbus fans were pretty impressed with Johnson-Wisnewski as a pairing last year, I doubt they part with him for that.

Not sure they really need more forward depth, they have plenty of 2nd/3rd line forwards. If they are parting with someone like Wiz, I think it'll only be for a 1st line forward, a potential 1st line forward or a #1 goalie.

As a Canucks fan, I would do this in a heartbeat.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:26 AM
VerySuperFamous

Quote:
Well since he'll most likely be an ahler, lots of teams. He's 5"9, and not that dynamic, and since he's most likely a winger now.

Maybe it's just me and the LA Kings, but very rarely even if they have a compareable talent level would you want a 5"9 player in the NHL, especially a bottom 6 center/winger. Only real examples are Ennis, St. Louis, Marchand, and Gerbe, and of those only St. Louis, and Marchand are legitimate top 6 forwards, Ennis is possibly one.

So unless Schroeder becomes Theo Fleury/Brad Marchand like, small guy, strong will to win, ***** to play against, he's probably career ahler.

VerySuperFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:29 AM
StringerBell

If management wanted a Wiz type guy at 5.5 per they would have just re-signed Ehrhoff.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:34 AM
n00bxQb

Top pair dman for a maybe 2nd line center prospect, a 2nd/3rd line winger, and a 2nd rounder?

I mean, I know it's Howson, but I don't think even he would do this ...

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySuperFamous View Post
Well since he'll most likely be an ahler, lots of teams. He's 5"9, and not that dynamic, and since he's most likely a winger now.

Maybe it's just me and the LA Kings, but very rarely even if they have a compareable talent level would you want a 5"9 player in the NHL, especially a bottom 6 center/winger. Only real examples are Ennis, St. Louis, Marchand, and Gerbe, and of those only St. Louis, and Marchand are legitimate top 6 forwards, Ennis is possibly one.

So unless Schroeder becomes Theo Fleury/Brad Marchand like, small guy, strong will to win, ***** to play against, he's probably career ahler.
PM Bouchard, Derek Roy, Steve Sullivan, Mike Cammalleri, Kris Versteeg, Brian Gionta, Ray Whitney to name some more off the top of my head.

And Schroeder is most definitely a centre.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Top pair dman for a maybe 2nd line center prospect, a 2nd/3rd line winger, and a 2nd rounder?

I mean, I know it's Howson, but I don't think even he would do this ...
He's also overpaid on a long-term contract, and if Murray, Savard, Erixon, etc are going to get a shot at the roster, someone's got to go. I'd assume Wis would be first on the block.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Quote:
He's also overpaid on a long-term contract, and if Murray, Savard, Erixon, etc are going to get a shot at the roster, someone's got to go. I'd assume Wis would be first on the block.
Why Wiz compared to Murray and Savard play completely different styles of game? I mean Erixon could surpass him but that is a bit away right now. Right now Johnson and Wiz look great together and until those three are ready and pushing for a spot I doubt you will see a trade happen sending Wiz anywhere.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
If management wanted a Wiz type guy at 5.5 per they would have just re-signed Ehrhoff.

/thread. Thank you for saying it.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
We didn't get Garrison to anchor the third pairing. If we do a trade it will be to plug a hole in the fourth line or for a second line winger.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Crede777
Deputized

1. Columbus isn't worried about making room for Moore, Murray, Erixon, or Savard. We have done that too often with prospects in the past. If they want a spot on the NHL roster, they will need to earn it (barring injuries of course).

2. The Ehrhoff comment is absolutely right. If Van wanted a guy like Wiz, they would have gone after Ehrhoff harder. Obviously they wanted a player like Garrison instead.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:37 PM
racerjoe

How are we fitting Wiz and his cap hit with edler in? Did I miss the NHL caving and agreeing on a 70-30 split with the players?

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
1. Columbus isn't worried about making room for Moore, Murray, Erixon, or Savard. We have done that too often with prospects in the past. If they want a spot on the NHL roster, they will need to earn it (barring injuries of course).

2. The Ehrhoff comment is absolutely right. If Van wanted a guy like Wiz, they would have gone after Ehrhoff harder. Obviously they wanted a player like Garrison instead.
Fair enough, then.

Although I think most Canucks fans feel letting Ehrhoff go was a mistake.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySuperFamous View Post

....Why comment on something you have no clue about? Since when is Schroeder a winger? He's been the wolves best player....His offensive upside is high and he's always in the right position defensively. IMO he'll have a long career as a second line center. He's got a ton of talent. No one ever puts up numbers on the Canucks AHL affiliates. He's makes plays. Great plays but his linemates rarely convert them. If the NHL started now he'd be the Canucks third line center and IMO he outplayed Hodgson last training camp. And no it's not a good idea to trade Schroeder now when is value isn't what it will be. No point. It's like when people wanted to trade Schneider four years ago when is value was low...look at it now.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Because Columbus is stocked with bottom 9 forward depth. Raymond and Schroeder aren't an improvement over any of their current forwards. This is just a case of only addressing one team's needs. Columbus needs top line talent, not more bottom 6 tweeners.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Old
11-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
Because Columbus is stocked with bottom 9 forward depth. Raymond and Schroeder aren't an improvement over any of their current forwards. This is just a case of only addressing one team's needs. Columbus needs top line talent, not more bottom 6 tweeners.
I believe Columbus is going with a strategy of rolling all there lines equally and causing matchup nightmares for the other team. Trading Nash for Anisimov/Dubinsky seems to follow that train of thought.

Old
11-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
I believe Columbus is going with a strategy of rolling all there lines equally and causing matchup nightmares for the other team. Trading Nash for Anisimov/Dubinsky seems to follow that train of thought.
That doesn't mean they don't want more talented forwards or are happy taking lower quality ones.

Old
11-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
That doesn't mean they don't want more talented forwards or are happy taking lower quality ones.
Of course teams prefer more talented players, the deal only makes sense if Columbus is looking to clear cap space and make room for youngsters on their blueline.