HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

When is the meeting starting today?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2005, 01:54 PM
  #1
mrs9x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
When is the meeting starting today?

According to Sportsnet and TSN, the meeting, either by phone or in person, is going to be this afternoon. Anyone hear when this is supposed to start? Please keep us cubicle bound folks updated on what is going on!

mrs9x is offline  
Old
02-15-2005, 02:07 PM
  #2
mileflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Fan960 Calgary sports radio.

On the update, said they have met today. Then broke off, but are meeting with there own groups. They may meet again today.

-take it with a grain of salt... it is not from Pete

Pete will be on at 4pm Calgary time, and then we can learn more

mileflames is offline  
Old
02-15-2005, 02:12 PM
  #3
MissTeeks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mileflames
Fan960 Calgary sports radio.

On the update, said they have met today. Then broke off, but are meeting with there own groups. They may meet again today.

-take it with a grain of salt... it is not from Pete

Pete will be on at 4pm Calgary time, and then we can learn more
Pete said this morning that his feeling was a deal would be done in the next two days. He based it on some information he heard (which he didn't share, sadly) and his gut feeling. So take that for what it's worth. Pete is a pretty connected guy, so who knows.

MissTeeks is offline  
Old
02-15-2005, 02:25 PM
  #4
Jobu
Registered User
 
Jobu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs9x
According to Sportsnet and TSN, the meeting, either by phone or in person, is going to be this afternoon. Anyone hear when this is supposed to start? Please keep us cubicle bound folks updated on what is going on!
From http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=114925:

"A source close to the talks indicated Tuesday morning that he expected both sides would get together later in the day. But as of 1 p.m. EST NHL executive vice-president Bill Daly was still in New York while NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin was still in Toronto."

Jobu is offline  
Old
02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
  #5
mrs9x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu
From http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=114925:

"A source close to the talks indicated Tuesday morning that he expected both sides would get together later in the day. But as of 1 p.m. EST NHL executive vice-president Bill Daly was still in New York while NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin was still in Toronto."
They could be having a teleconference...in fact, the guys on Leafs Lunch were saying that it would probably be a teleconference, and others may be meeting face-to-face.

mrs9x is offline  
Old
02-15-2005, 02:33 PM
  #6
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster
 
Motown Beatdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,554
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu
From http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=114925:

"A source close to the talks indicated Tuesday morning that he expected both sides would get together later in the day. But as of 1 p.m. EST NHL executive vice-president Bill Daly was still in New York while NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin was still in Toronto."

i guess the question is, where are Gary and Bob? Could they be hammering out the final detail and this whole Saskin and Daly is a big smoke screen. So far the NHL and NHLPA has gottin over on the media a few times.

Motown Beatdown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.