HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Take a power skating lesson from Robby Glantz?

Old
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
wondeROY
danglesnipecelly.nee

vCash: 500
Take a power skating lesson from Robby Glantz?

Should I do this? I honestly didn't know who he was until I looked him up. But he is coming to my local ice rink next week and for $50 you get 2 nights (2.50) hours total with him. Would this be worth my time, or is this stuff I can all catch on all of his youtube videos?

Anyone ever worked with him? Apparently he is the LA kings skate coach now.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:24 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

I did the 2 day class with Robby Glantz when he came to our local rink. If you really pay attention and apply the technique then it can be very beneficial. I was only 12 years old at the time so i learned a few things but didnt retain much of the class overall.
The most important thing that his class had was the video analysis of your skating stride.

ThorNton Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 05:02 PM
PRNuck

No way man, Laura Stamm 4 lyfe!

Just kidding of course, that sounds awesome. Especially for only 50 bucks, I'd definitely take part in that.

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I would if I had the opportunity and cash. He is a legit power skating instructor.

Robbie's videos were the best resource I found for power skating because I could really see and understand what he was doing. Much more helpful to me than Laura Stamm's book.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 12:49 PM
TUCKER 06

I'd jump on that opportunity if it was in my area. I consider myself a very strong skater, but I've enrolled in a Power Skating course that runs from Oct - Dec. and have noticed enormous improvements in my technique. Even though I am probably one of the more proficient skaters on the ice out there, I am still learning a lot. I am also thinking of enrolling in the Power Skating course that runs from Jan-March. The instructor is fantastic and extremely helpful.

I think you should definitely sign up for it (even if it is for all age groups and all skating abilities). For $50 / 2.5hr session the price is right and as long as you are willing to learn and practice, you will take away a lot of very valuable information.

Also, taking lessons in person (getting 1 on 1 help, asking questions, breaking down steps) is WAY better than watching videos on YouTube and trying to apply a skill later on.

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:25 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

For that price I'd do it three times...

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:34 PM
wondeROY
danglesnipecelly.nee

Cool thanks everyone. I registered for the course and I have to go wednesday and thursday night, I'm really excited, can't wait!!

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote