HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some trade proposals of mine

Old
11-20-2012, 03:45 PM
capitalsrock

vCash: 500
Some trade proposals of mine

I figured i'd put a couple trade proposals on here and get some feedback to better understand the value of some of these players and the needs of the teams. I am a 3rd party because i'm not really a big fan of any of these teams, except washington, and i think i got the value pretty close on some of these.

SJS-PHX

SJS:Couture

PHX:Yandle,Boedker,2nd

If i'm not mistaken the sharks need speed in their top 6 and it wouldn't hurt to add a young and very impressive d-man. IMO the 2nd rounder evens up the value. Pheonix obviously needs a top line center, but i believe the loss of Yandle wouldn't be a disaster given their great depth of defensive prospects.

DET-COL

DET:Smith,Nyquist,3rd

COL:Johnson

Detroit needs a young franchise top line D-man and Johnson, the former first overall pick, with a change of scenery and a better team could be that guy. Colorado gains impressive prospects and a 3rd to even the value IMO.

NYR-CAR

NYR:M.Staal

CAR:Faulk,Jokinen,Dalpe

Obviously this is to get all of the Staal brothers together on one team. If you think this is overpayment by Carolina, well they probably would have to overpay if they really wanted to get him from NYR. Carolina could use some help defensively and Marc Staal is that help. They lose two great prospects and a good forward. This adds depth at forward for NYR and on defense with Faulk.

MTL-TOR

MTL-Plekanec

TOR:Kulemin,Gunnarson,Colborne

Toronto gets a number one center at the price of some easily replaceable players. Mtl gets help on the wing and on defense. Colborne is a pretty good prospect, as well.

EDM-WSH

EDM:Yakupov

WSH:Johansson,Kundratek,Wilson,1st

Yakupov is going to be a very consistent and incredible player in the NHL. I don't believe the Oilers have a spot for him on the first line. EDM needs a 2nd line center and Johansson is perfect for that, as well as adding 2 very good prospects, especially Wilson for grit and toughness. The 1st rounder won't be too much of a loss considering it will be late probably. I don't think the caps overpay because if we got Yakupov he would be amazing alongside ovi and backstrom on the first line right wing. Washington seems to really like russians so i could see this happening.

Leave some feedback and maybe add something of your own to make these even, Thanks.

Last edited by capitalsrock: 11-20-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: The Colon P showed up as a smiley face instead of what i wanted
capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Top 6 Spaling

The SJS-PHX deal actually makes some solid sense to me.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm not sure if I would even give just Smith for Johnson.

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

TO fans will hate that Habs - Leafs one

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:53 PM
The Red Line

Det-Col one is brutal for Detroit.

Draft position doesn't really mean a whole lot when 6 years later he has struggled on two teams and hasn't come close to living up to expectations.

Chances are Smith will be better than Johnson anyway, the gap probably isn't even that much going into next season. And then the Wings have to add their best forward prospect AND a pick?

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post

Draft position doesn't really mean a whole lot when 6 years later he has struggled on two teams and hasn't come close to living up to expectations.

Chances are Smith will be better than Johnson anyway, the gap probably isn't even that much going into next season. And then the Wings have to add their best forward prospect AND a pick?
Yeah I wouldn't even think about it. Johnson is nothing special. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith considered better than him after this year.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
TO fans will hate that Habs - Leafs one
How? I thought Habs fans would disagree with it more.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Crazy Joe Divola

Sharks are stacked at D and need forward depth. Couture doesn't go anywhere unless part of a package for an even better young forward.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
How? I thought Habs fans would disagree with it more.
Pleks isn't really a number 1 centre. He's a 1a/1b, or a great 2nd line centre, but not a number 1 centre full out.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

It's gonna take a lot more then a bunch of scraps to get Yakupov. Oilers don't need another small center like Johansson either when we already have Gagner

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
It's gonna take a lot more then a bunch of scraps to get Yakupov. Oilers don't need another small center like Johansson either when we already have Gagner
It's not a bunch of scraps and i'd say johansson is a pretty big upgrade from gagner

Old
11-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Tor - Mtl is terribad.

No need for more 2nd line C's

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

No thanks. The Sharks have enough top defensemen (Boyle, Vlasic, Burns) as is. We need our top forwards more, especially if Havlat gets injured or Clowe continues to regress like last season.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
It's not a bunch of scraps and i'd say johansson is a pretty big upgrade from gagner
how so?
What has he done that is any better then Gagner?

The 2 are only a year apart. EDM would want someone a lot different\better then Johansson especially if they are giving up Yakupov.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

NYR-CAR

NYR:M.Staal

CAR:Faulk,Jokinen,Dalpe

Obviously this is to get all of the Staal brothers together on one team. If you think this is overpayment by Carolina, well they probably would have to overpay if they really wanted to get him from NYR. Carolina could use some help defensively and Marc Staal is that help. They lose two great prospects and a good forward. This adds depth at forward for NYR and on defense with Faulk.
Doesn't really give the Rangers a reason to do this trade. Jokinen would not play on the Rangers top 6. Faulk is not as good as Staal and doesn't replace the hole that losing Staal would create. And Dalpe, doesn't give the Rangers a reason to weakening a roster they believes it's ready to make a a deep run (assuming there's a season)

11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't even see how you can call Johansson better, yet alone a big upgrade. Gagner has been better every single year.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Yeah I wouldn't even think about it. Johnson is nothing special. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith considered better than him after this year.
Quote:

Yeah no, were not trading our number 1 dman for prospects. And Smith isn't nearly as good as Johnson (I don't know how you can say that)

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:35 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Yeah no, were not trading our number 1 dman for prospects. And Smith isn't nearly as good as Johnson (I don't know how you can say that)
Uh, because I didn't say that. Did you not read? I said WILL BE better. Its right there in the post you quoted...

And the Wings would have 0 interest in EK anyway.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:42 PM
topchowda

Cap-Edm not to bad actually. However Johanssen is not a upgrade over Gagner
1st pick will be a low pick
Wilson is a good prospect but hasnt put the Junior numbers up to signify he has a much higher chance than Moroz or Ewanyk of making it (its higher but still risky)

Id want Backstrom

Good deals tho, Tml-Mtl is pretty fair

topchowda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Uh, because I didn't say that. Did you not read? I said WILL BE better. Its right there in the post you quoted...

And the Wings would have 0 interest in EK anyway.
You said the gap between them won't be that big going into next season, which I think is a big stretch to say.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Wilson is a good prospect but hasnt put the Junior numbers up to signify he has a much higher chance than Moroz or Ewanyk of making it (its higher but still risky)

Id want Backstrom

So how is the deal not bad if Johanssen is not a big upgrade over Gagner...
What is EDM going to do with Gagner? Why would EDM trade a potential franchise player in Yakupov for this package?

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post

Id want Backstrom

Wilson doesn't always put up the most amazing numbers offensively but trust me if your watch him play you want him on your team

Old
GamingGiant

Quote:
Chances are Smith will be better than Johnson anyway, the gap probably isn't even that much going into next season.
You can't be serious...

GamingGiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ceremony
Articuno

Quote:

Oh ok so Colorado gives up their best defensemen for a guy who's played 14 games, someone who hasn't played any and a pick? Say what you will about the perceived value for either side but this is much worse for Colorado than it is for Detroit.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Doesn't really give the Rangers a reason to do this trade. Jokinen would not play on the Rangers top 6. Faulk is not as good as Staal and doesn't replace the hole that losing Staal would create. And Dalpe, doesn't give the Rangers a reason to weakening a roster they believes it's ready to make a a deep run (assuming there's a season)
Out of curiosity, would you do Jokinen and Gleason for Staal?

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote