HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goalie Interference Leafs goalie situation past/present

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2012, 10:47 AM
  #1
WeWantACup
HFB Partner
 
WeWantACup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 498
vCash: 500
Goalie Interference Leafs goalie situation past/present

A Look at Toronto's goalie situation past and present.

http://wewantacup.com/headlines/1039...e-interference

WeWantACup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 10:50 AM
  #2
paulster2626
Don't Mess with me
 
paulster2626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 400
This article is hard to read.

paulster2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:04 AM
  #3
WeWantACup
HFB Partner
 
WeWantACup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 498
vCash: 500
i will see what options are available thanks man go leafs

WeWantACup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:12 AM
  #4
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,864
vCash: 500
Please stop making thread after thread plugging your articles.

Signed,
Everyone.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:14 AM
  #5
WeWantACup
HFB Partner
 
WeWantACup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 498
vCash: 500
sorry first day i'm all caught up and it will slow down now. I thank you for the comment not our intention to upset you. thanks again

WeWantACup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:16 AM
  #6
MildlyAwesome
Rational Leaf Fan
 
MildlyAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Please stop making thread after thread plugging your articles.

Signed,
Everyone.
This. Too many grammatical and syntax errors make the entire article virtually unreadable (much like your other posts). On top of this, none of the articles offer any good argument or reasoning.

MildlyAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:22 AM
  #7
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!
 
TheKingSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
I agree with all the non OP posts. This is one god awfully written article. You are trying to write really smart but it ends up sounding really dumb. You need to simplify your sentences and re-work your ideas.

TheKingSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:48 PM
  #8
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada/Africa
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Wow, tough crowd...lotsa English professors here at HFBoards.

Thanks for the input, fellas.

Lemme know where/how I can clarify...

The dumb guy who Rote..I mean writtened..i mean..writed this.

Not to be a dick (can I say that here?), but I ran this god-awfully written piece through a writing assessment utility. It appears one would require 15.84 years of formal study, and a minimum of a U.S. grade 14.03 education to comprehend the content of the piece, easily, on the first reading. The Flesch readability score of 43 indicated by the result suggests one would be required to comfortably read at or around the Wall street Journal or the Harvard Business Review level for the article to have any relevance. I have to agree; I should simplify. Play to the audience, right?


Last edited by Durkin67: 11-22-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: to try and look less dumb.
Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #9
paulster2626
Don't Mess with me
 
paulster2626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
Wow, tough crowd...lotsa English professors here at HFBoards.

Thanks for the input, fellas.

Lemme know where/how I can clarify...

The dumb guy who Rote..I mean writtened..i mean..writed this.

Not to be a dick (can I say that here?), but I ran this god-awfully written piece through a writing assessment utility. It appears one would require 15.84 years of formal study, and a minimum of a U.S. grade 14.03 education to comprehend the content of the piece, easily, on the first reading. The Flesch readability score of 43 indicated by the result suggests one would be required to comfortably read at or around the Wall street Journal or the Harvard Business Review level for the article to have any relevance. I have to agree; I should simplify. Play to the audience, right?
Nah, just say whatever it is you're trying to say without all the filler.

It's like making quality crab cakes; more crab, less bread crumbs.

paulster2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:42 PM
  #10
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada/Africa
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
Nah, just say whatever it is you're trying to say without all the filler.

It's like making quality crab cakes; more crab, less bread crumbs.
pretty sophisticated palette ya got there...

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:54 PM
  #11
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada/Africa
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
Nah, just say whatever it is you're trying to say without all the filler.

It's like making quality crab cakes; more crab, less bread crumbs.
Kidding aside, I think your assessment is not without merit. It's about effective communication first and foremost. Thanks for the input...

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:06 PM
  #12
Drew311
Play Me
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,915
vCash: 500
Holy run-on sentences Batman.

The article would be much easier to read if you didn't have 5 - 6 commas within each sentence.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:20 PM
  #13
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada/Africa
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Holy run-on sentences, Batman. fixed.

The article would be much easier to read if you didn't have 5 - 6 commas within each sentence.
O,K,

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.