HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Justin Williams (LA)

Old
11-30-2012, 04:31 AM
Minor Boarding

vCash: 500
Justin Williams (LA)

I don't think GM Lombardi is gonna trade him anytime soon but I am interested in non Kings fans proposal for the 31 year old winger...
Williams is signed till 2014-2015 (2 more years if this season lost) with a cap hit of: $3,650,000*
Contract has no NTC, NMC.

Profile on NHL.com

Last three regular seasons:
2009-2010 KINGS 49GP 10G 19A 29Pts +3 39PIM
2010-2011 KINGS 73GP 22G 35A 57Pts +14 59PIM
2011-2012 KINGS 82GP 22G 37A 59Pts +10 44PIM

Last three playoffs:
2009-2010 KINGS 3GP 0G 1A 1Pts +0 2PIM
2010-2011 KINGS 6GP 3G 1A 4Pts +0 2PIM
2011-2012 KINGS 20GP 4G 11A 15Pts +8 12PIM

------------------------------
A few videos (highlights etc.):

A fight with Liles

Williams breaks his leg 2 years ago:

Tribute video:

----------------------------------
Lets see your trades for Willy.

Last edited by Minor Boarding: 11-30-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Updated the contract term after internetdotcom caught a mistake.
Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:45 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

What area do the Kings need to improve? They seem to be pretty stacked in most areas

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
What area do the Kings need to improve? They seem to be pretty stacked in most areas
You can make any kind of proposal with players, prospects, picks. The thread is more about value of the player more then searching for a fit on the Kings.
Of course if we dealt Williams we would AGAIN need a top 6 winger to replace him...

I hope I am helpfull...

Old
11-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Kings aren't rebuilding, so they won't accept this, but I'd offer a 2014 1st and Stanislav Galiev from Washington.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:28 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Williams is signed till 2014 (3 more years)
Actually, he's signed to 2014/2015 (2 more years, assuming this season is lost). Maybe this is what you meant, sorry to nitpick if so.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Ronk

Seeing as how this is a value thread I would assume it to be a 1st + a solid winger.

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:35 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I would think if they trade Williams they replace him with someone similar, but left handed so they can balance a line of Kopitar and Brown more. Doesn't matter if he's a LW or RW since Brown can play either comfortably.

Someone like Erat.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:32 PM
KingCanadain1976

I think the kings could package him with some other pieces and get a star winger like Marian Gaborik. As for the need a top 6 player back not really we have brown gagne penner all on the left side We could just move brown back to rw and have penner and gagne move up a spot. As for the value of him i would say a frist and younger winger with top six potential next year. I think a frist is needed for the draft next year as we dont have one.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Kings aren't rebuilding, so they won't accept this, but I'd offer a 2014 1st and Stanislav Galiev from Washington.
A good, fair offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Actually, he's signed to 2014/2015 (2 more years, assuming this season is lost). Maybe this is what you meant, sorry to nitpick if so.
My mistake. You are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronk View Post
Seeing as how this is a value thread I would assume it to be a 1st + a solid winger.
Make an offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I would think if they trade Williams they replace him with someone similar, but left handed so they can balance a line of Kopitar and Brown more. Doesn't matter if he's a LW or RW since Brown can play either comfortably.

Someone like Erat.
Erat for Williams one for one? interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I think the kings could package him with some other pieces and get a star winger like Marian Gaborik. As for the need a top 6 player back not really we have brown gagne penner all on the left side We could just move brown back to rw and have penner and gagne move up a spot. As for the value of him i would say a frist and younger winger with top six potential next year. I think a frist is needed for the draft next year as we dont have one.
You missed the part where it isn't about the actual fit...just value for Willy if he on his own was available... If Lombardi was to trade him yes - either in a package for a better player or for good prospects & picks ...

Thank you people, some good proposals already...

Old
11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Erat for Williams one for one? interesting...
I highly doubt that Nashville would do that.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
I highly doubt that Nashville would do that.
I don't think Lombardi would either...
Value shouldn't be that really far apart... Age, scoring, injury history. In fact one could argue that Williams has had a better career thus far.
Make a new offer you think would be more fair...

Old
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I'd be interested in seeing him back in a Carolina uniform. Maybe something revolving around Jokinen?

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:29 PM
markisonfire

The Kings should not trade Williams. He goes into the corners and gets pucks and has a strange tendency to turn whatever line he is placed on into a producing line. He did it a while back with Stoll and Smyth as our second line, then was bumped onto a line with Kopitar and Brown and they lit the lamp as well. Williams is such a heart and soul player who is good for 60 points per year.

I was upset when the Kings traded O'Sullivan for him a few years ago, but I couldn't be happier with how things turned out.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Justin Williams finals speech after Kings lost twice in a row to the Devils, plus his effort and clutch play in said finals...

And he skipped UFA to re-sign with us before we won the Cup...

This is the player we trade for, not trade away. O'Sullivan and a 2nd? We ripped someone off bad.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

If JW gets traded it'll probably be for a LHD to play with Doughty. Scuderi is a 2nd or very good 3rd pairing D on most teams, and him and Mitchell are way past their prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Justin Williams finals speech after Kings lost twice in a row to the Devils, plus his effort and clutch play in said finals...

And he skipped UFA to re-sign with us before we won the Cup...

This is the player we trade for, not trade away. O'Sullivan and a 2nd? We ripped someone off bad.
O'Sullivan had a 64 and a 50ish point season back to back, so it didn't seem like a ripoff at the time.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:27 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
If JW gets traded it'll probably be for a LHD to play with Doughty. Scuderi is a 2nd or very good 3rd pairing D on most teams, and him and Mitchell are way past their prime.

O'Sullivan had a 64 and a 50ish point season back to back, so it didn't seem like a ripoff at the time.
We've got quite a lot of depth on D coming up through the system and are probably more thin on the wings. I doubt JW gets traded but I would predict a good nhl ready wing prospect and a 1st would be what we'd be after. Who knows though, Lombardi seems to love D.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
We've got quite a lot of depth on D coming up through the system and are probably more thin on the wings. I doubt JW gets traded but I would predict a good nhl ready wing prospect and a 1st would be what we'd be after. Who knows though, Lombardi seems to love D.
Hickey? Huge bust. You've got Toffoli coming up though that would make JW expendable.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:10 PM
DontgoZiggy

Muzzin and Hickey are just about ready, Scuderi (33yrs) might be re signed. We also have Forbort on slow boil. Toffoli probably needs a couple more year before he is able to replace JW. I still don't think we'll trade JW.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:41 AM
rajuabju

Only way Kings trade JWilly is if they are very confident Toffoli can step into that role.

That said, the asking price would be high. I would want two 1st's.

You're talking about a 31 year old, 1st line winger who just won his second cup and is a known leader both in the locker room and by example on the ice.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Ronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Hickey? Huge bust. You've got Toffoli coming up though that would make JW expendable.
I think Muzzin and Hickey are the first in line at a shot if someone goes down. Scuds and Mitchell are the only 2 Dmen that are at a point in their career where you have to think about replacing them. Problem is they are both defensive Dmen and that is not the mold that Hickey fits. Bust or not, Hickey's issue is more due to the fact that he has to replace Doughty/Voynov/AMart to fit into the line pairing system that LA is using and I just don't see that working out given the age and contracts involved. I would be up to trading Hickey for a more defensive oriented player on the back end that has similar question marks but now I'm just rambling.

As far as value for Willy... Erik Cole/Martin Erat/Vrbata+Pick/Milan Michalek off the top of my melon.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Dr Quincy

Can't see Montreal giving up Cole or Ottawa Michalek. From my team? Wouldn't give you a top 6 F back because I think all of Boston's top 6 (assuming a healthy Horton) are better....

Depending on how desperate Boston was (if Horton was hurt and scoring is a problem) I'd do Caron and a 1st.

Also, don't know how many Monarchs games you get to see, but Hickey isn't ready and IMO never will be. Muzzin and Deslauriers have a better shot to be NHL regulars.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Ronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Can't see Montreal giving up Cole or Ottawa Michalek. From my team? Wouldn't give you a top 6 F back because I think all of Boston's top 6 (assuming a healthy Horton) are better....

Depending on how desperate Boston was (if Horton was hurt and scoring is a problem) I'd do Caron and a 1st.

Also, don't know how many Monarchs games you get to see, but Hickey isn't ready and IMO never will be. Muzzin and Deslauriers have a better shot to be NHL regulars.
For what its worth, I cant see the Kings giving up Willy for either of them. But it is a value thread, not a trade offer.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronk View Post
For what its worth, I cant see the Kings giving up Willy for either of them. But it is a value thread, not a trade offer.
Oh a value thread? Ok, the guy who is 3 years younger, plays a stronger physical game, hasn't had the injury issues and who outscored the other guy by 13 goals last season has more value.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
Only way Kings trade JWilly is if they are very confident Toffoli can step into that role.

That said, the asking price would be high. I would want two 1st's.

You're talking about a 31 year old, 1st line winger who just won his second cup and is a known leader both in the locker room and by example on the ice.

This board is good for laughs

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Ronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Oh a value thread? Ok, the guy who is 3 years younger, plays a stronger physical game, hasn't had the injury issues and who outscored the other guy by 13 goals last season has more value.
If we can use injury as an argument can we use Michalek's last 2 seasons and wonder if this year was an anomaly? I mean the dude had a 16.5% shooting percentage last year. Is that something that can be maintained?

Hes more physical in that hes bigger sure, but he has similar defensive numbers to Williams. A lot of that stuff ties into the system you play in but Milan hasn't had solid defensive point share numbers since his time in SJ.

However in the grand scheme of things the age factor is a big deal and his contract isn't outlandish unless he plays back to the previous 2 seasons. I'd probably lean towards Milan but its not something that I would kick my dog about if I were a Sens fan and the trade happened.