HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Caps /Oilers Blues

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2012, 08:38 PM
  #151
Vladys Gumption
Registered User
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
I believe most people would agree with that. AP is a stud, and as good as Ebs is, I'd move him in a second for AP. I'd move any of the Oilers straight up for AP, except for RNH. #1 centres are just as rare as #1 D. Don't get me wrong, I think the value would be close, but Edmonton hasn't had a #1 centre since Doug Weight, and before that it was Messier.
Which mirrors the Blues. This of course is hypothetical, but if, and that's a huge, gigantic, humongous if, the Blues decided to move Petro, a center like RNH would probably be the target.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
  #152
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
lol get real.
Berglund is at best a 2C, Eberle is a #1RW on most teams in the league and was a top 20 scorer last year. There is a big gap there in spite of the intangibles that Berglund brings.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 03:09 PM
  #153
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BattleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bushes
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Remember Eberle is on Pietrangelo's level...
He most certianly isn't at Pietrangelos' level.

He's a level above

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
  #154
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Berglund is at best a 2C, Eberle is a #1RW on most teams in the league and was a top 20 scorer last year. There is a big gap there in spite of the intangibles that Berglund brings.
I admit there is a gap between Berglund and Eberle but by no means is the gap greater than it is between Shattenkirk and Perty.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
  #155
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
People love to focus on the negative.

Eberle was 15th in league scoring and had the 11th best ppg average of all players that played 50+ games last season while only averaging 17:35 a game. There were only two players that averaged less ice time in the top 50. Seguin had 67 points(29th in the league) in 81 games while averaging 16:56 and Purcell had 65 points(40th in the league) while averaging 16:07.

Most of the players ahead of Eberle in points were averaging 2-4 minutes a night more than him. Was his shooting% high? Yes, but you have got to have something going for you if you can sustain that for an entire season. Eberle has a deadly shot and with more ice time, I'm sure he'll continue to be a 30+ goal scorer in the league.
Shots around the boards point above the circle usually go in 4-7% of the time.
Shots tight to the net and inside the circles are in the 12-20% range.

usually players take more peripheral shots. lending to a 10- 11% shooting%.

Watch eberle's 2010-2011 goals on youtube

Below the Face off dots and tight and central to the net when possible. There all in the 20% shooting range.

WATCH SOME VIDEO!

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:20 PM
  #156
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,490
vCash: 500
I think Jordan Eberle is the best player in both deals, as an Oiler fan I will say no to both.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 04:54 PM
  #157
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
what's the value of Mike Green ?

I think i could see a guy like him with the Oilers

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:18 PM
  #158
franfrey*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
The gap between Eberle and Berglund is most definitely larger than the one between Shattenkirk and Petry.
Petry and Smid (sadly our only reliable defensemen last year) make an absolutely sick pairing. No way would I do this deal...


Last edited by franfrey*: 11-30-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: qdp
franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:20 AM
  #159
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,706
vCash: 27750
Stick to the proposals please.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:34 AM
  #160
HockeyTS32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
what's the value of Mike Green ?

I think i could see a guy like him with the Oilers
I think the Caps GM values Mike Green very highly, so any trade offer would pretty much have to be an overpayment. And with Green's recent injury history over the past few seasons, I don't see a team willing to over pay for him. Obviously some people might think Green is overrated and that I am overrating him, but before his first concussion (2 seasons ago?) I thought he was actually playing better defensively as well. Since he has came back from his concussion, I believe heís been afraid to go into the corners to give or receive a hit. Iím hoping with Calle Johansson helping out with the defense, he can help Green become better defensively. Either way I think GMGM and the caps value Green so high, that they would want an overpayment to trade him away, and donít see too many teams willing to do so.

HockeyTS32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:09 PM
  #161
roboninja
EYG
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
what's the value of Mike Green ?

I think i could see a guy like him with the Oilers
Would not touch him. Scary injury history; worse than Hemsky's, IMO. Plus his defense is average at best, and he is not very physical.

roboninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:00 PM
  #162
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
Would not touch him. Scary injury history; worse than Hemsky's, IMO. Plus his defense is average at best, and he is not very physical.
Please explain. I'd love to hear a rational for this.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:32 PM
  #163
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
The gap between Eberle and Berglund is most definitely larger than the one between Shattenkirk and Petry.
Petry and Smid (sadly our only reliable defensemen last year) make an absolutely sick pairing. No way would I do this deal...
I'm not saying your wrong...

But you are either over valuing Petry by quite a bit, or undervaluing Shattenkirk by quite a bit.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:43 PM
  #164
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Please explain. I'd love to hear a rational for this.
Not that hard to google http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4600

He has played 32, 49, 75, 68 games the last 4 years

Hemsky has played 69, 47, 22, 72


224 games for Green versus 210 for Hemsky


Id still say Hemsky's injurie issues are worse then Green's but not enough to "love to hear a rational for this" as if it is just so impossible. Took 2 minutes with tsn to see they were in the same ballpark with games played

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:39 PM
  #165
Oshie97
Registered User
 
Oshie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I'm not saying your wrong...

But you are either over valuing Petry by quite a bit, or undervaluing Shattenkirk by quite a bit.
I would say hes doing both, Shatty has put up 40+ points in each of his first two yrs in the league while playing above average defense. Only reason he doesn't get more recognition for his play is because be plays behind Petro. Petry is not a bad d man but nowhere near Shattenkirk right now.

Oshie97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:39 PM
  #166
judge301
Registered User
 
judge301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Excellent post, and I'd like to suggest something that furthers the point. Maybe Eberle's shooting percentage was so high because he only shoots in premium scoring areas. If he played like Ovechkin and just ripped it every time he crosses the blue line then absolutely people could say his shooting percentage is unsustainable. But he's not that player. The guy finds open spaces, but when they aren't there he rarely tries to force something. That is why his shooting percentage could very likely stay the same.
The only thing in these parts better than Ebs shooting % is this post. The definition of top cheese, Hitting the nail on the head.

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:41 PM
  #167
judge301
Registered User
 
judge301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
who is not that much better than Petry, 7 more points in 9 more games played last year, playing only 30 seconds more a game and having a plus/minus rating of 8 goals worse as well. If Carlson is a first pairing dman, then Petry is one too. IMO, they are both 2nd pairing dmen at this point, with potential.



nough said.....

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:43 PM
  #168
Redden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
I would say hes doing both, Shatty has put up 40+ points in each of his first two yrs in the league while playing above average defense. Only reason he doesn't get more recognition for his play is because be plays behind Petro. Petry is not a bad d man but nowhere near Shattenkirk right now.
Jeff Petry had a great second half of the year. I think most Oilers fans look at this when they value him, while anyone outside of Edmonton hasn't seen enough of Petry's last half of the year and value him on his first two seasons as a whole. Petry definitely had his struggles in his first 1 and 1/2 seasons but his last half season he was playing at a level very close to Shattenkirk. If Petry continues playing at this level, and actually should progress more, it is a bad trade for Edmonton

Redden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
  #169
Oshie97
Registered User
 
Oshie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redden View Post
Jeff Petry had a great second half of the year. I think most Oilers fans look at this when they value him, while anyone outside of Edmonton hasn't seen enough of Petry's last half of the year and value him on his first two seasons as a whole. Petry definitely had his struggles in his first 1 and 1/2 seasons but his last half season he was playing at a level very close to Shattenkirk. If Petry continues playing at this level, and actually should progress more, it is a bad trade for Edmonton
If you say so, I'll agree to disagree. I would need to see more than 6 months of good play before saying he's making the next step.

its a bad trade for both teams, Eberle looks like he's going to have a great career but is not what the Blues need right now and I don't think the Oilers want to trade a top6 forward for a upgrade on d right now.

Oshie97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:05 PM
  #170
judge301
Registered User
 
judge301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
The KHL and SEL are easily better.

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:33 PM
  #171
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Not that hard to google http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4600

He has played 32, 49, 75, 68 games the last 4 years

Hemsky has played 69, 47, 22, 72


224 games for Green versus 210 for Hemsky


Id still say Hemsky's injurie issues are worse then Green's but not enough to "love to hear a rational for this" as if it is just so impossible. Took 2 minutes with tsn to see they were in the same ballpark with games played
I had a big post ready to go, but I'd rather not further derail this thread, so I'll keep it short. Hemsky's issues are all the same, those torn labrums in his shoulder. Those will stay with him in the future. Green has been pretty healthy up until a year and a half ago when he got a concussion, followed by a fluky ankle injury and a sports hernia. Those injuries are totally unrelated, and carry no lasting effects besides an increased susceptibility to concussions (which Hemsky has as well). I was hoping that poster would look a little deeper than games played and discover the difference between Hemsky and Green's situations.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:09 AM
  #172
judge301
Registered User
 
judge301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Jeff Petry didn't come out of nowhere. It's hilarious how if Detroit let's their prospects take their time it's a great thing and people say we ruin all of ours by rushing them. Then, we get someone who was allowed to take their time, and apparently its also a bad thing
well played sir..... Welcome to the Weiserhood..... (inside joke for those that don't get Canadian TV.) Youtube weiserhood if you'd like in.

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:10 AM
  #173
Vladys Gumption
Registered User
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redden View Post
Jeff Petry had a great second half of the year. I think most Oilers fans look at this when they value him, while anyone outside of Edmonton hasn't seen enough of Petry's last half of the year and value him on his first two seasons as a whole. Petry definitely had his struggles in his first 1 and 1/2 seasons but his last half season he was playing at a level very close to Shattenkirk. If Petry continues playing at this level, and actually should progress more, it is a bad trade for Edmonton
Shattenkirk has 2 excellent seasons to Petry's 1/2 season. Shattenkirk has much more value.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:27 AM
  #174
judge301
Registered User
 
judge301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Shattenkirk has 2 excellent seasons to Petry's 1/2 season. Shattenkirk has much more value.
From Dictionary.com:
log∑ic [loj-ik]
noun
1.
the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
2.
a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: We were unable to follow his logic.
3.
the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.
4.
reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions: There wasn't much logic in her move.
5.
convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness: the irresistible logic of the facts.

Answers

verylate: Logic, from the Greek work logos, is a difficult thing to describe. It can be thought of as the process of correct thinking or reasoning, through logical systems and processes.
Posted 2 year ago
Was this helpful?30

cheadley18: Logic is a basic thought process, or common knowledge. It is considered a reasonable explanation. For example going through basic steps to fix a common problem could be considered logical.

So, that being said RNH is inferior to any other player that has had a couple decent seasons???

Shattenkirk is a very good player but c'mon...

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:36 AM
  #175
Vladys Gumption
Registered User
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by judge301 View Post
From Dictionary.com:
log∑ic [loj-ik]
noun
1.
the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
2.
a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: We were unable to follow his logic.
3.
the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.
4.
reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions: There wasn't much logic in her move.
5.
convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness: the irresistible logic of the facts.

Answers

verylate: Logic, from the Greek work logos, is a difficult thing to describe. It can be thought of as the process of correct thinking or reasoning, through logical systems and processes.
Posted 2 year ago
Was this helpful?30

cheadley18: Logic is a basic thought process, or common knowledge. It is considered a reasonable explanation. For example going through basic steps to fix a common problem could be considered logical.

So, that being said RNH is inferior to any other player that has had a couple decent seasons???

Shattenkirk is a very good player but c'mon...
Seriously? You're going to quote dictionary terms? He made a statement that attempted to overlook that Petry had a full year and a half of disapponting play, and is trying to say that there's not a significant gap between him and Shattenkirk. Shattenkirk has been excellent since the first game of his NHL career. Petry hasn't. And why bring RNH into it? Did he have a subpar season? Absolutely not. So he has no bearing on this conversation.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.