HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Chi

Old
12-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Tor-Chi

Took from the Leafs board but it is good idea ( I believe it was rdawg1234 that posted it over there)

To Hawks
C Tyler Bozak
Mid round pick

To Leafs
D Niklas Hjalmarsson

Leafs get a defensive dman

Hawks get a passable 2nd line C who can win faceoffs to play with Sharp/Hossa

With Hawks glut of dmen (Good or bad) they likely send one packing and Hammer makes most sense from financial standpoint

Thoughts?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:43 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Nope.

Hjalmarsson would be an almost perfect addition for the Leafs, but there's just no way they can afford to trade their #1 centre for a middle-of-the-lineup defenceman.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

It digs a deeper hole for TO at center. They'd be playing Grabovski as their #1C and have no depth under him, unless JVR, MacA, or Kulemin gets moved to center.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:45 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
It digs a deeper hole for TO at center. They'd be playing Grabovski as their #1C and have no depth under him, unless JVR, MacA, or Kulemin gets moved to center.
None of those are competent centres.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Nope.

Hjalmarsson would be an almost perfect addition for the Leafs, but there's just no way they can afford to trade their #1 centre for a middle-of-the-lineup defenceman.
Pretty much agreed.

Value is fine but we need Bozak more.

Pinto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

I think Holzer is good enough to play in a defensive role and in difference between Holzer and Hjalmarsson is not big enough to create a hole in our lineup that would be filled by Tim Connolly (Bluhhg)

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Connolly and Lombardi are still on Leafs are they not?

Grabovski #1
Connolly #2
Lombardi #3

Also didn't they talk about moving JVR to center after his trade?

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I don't see why Chicago does this. Bozak is worse than Bolland.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:49 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Canadian View Post
I think Holzer is good enough to play in a defensive role and in difference between Holzer and Hjalmarsson is not big enough to create a hole in our lineup that would be filled by Tim Connolly (Bluhhg)

Holzer is an AHL defenceman, Hjalmarsson is a bonafide top 4 NHL defenceman.

I'm not saying the Leafs can make this deal, but you're nuts if you think it's a good idea to slot Holzer into our vacant 2nd pairing spot.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I don't see why Chicago does this. Bozak is worse than Bolland.
Bozak is alot better then Kruger/Kane at C

Hawks keep Bolland at #3 C and put Bozak between Hossa/Sharp

Also Bozak is light years better then Bolland at faceoffs a major issue with Hawks

Old
12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Connolly and Lombardi are still on Leafs are they not?

Grabovski #1
Connolly #2
Lombardi #3

Also didn't they talk about moving JVR to center after his trade?
The problem isn't quantity of centres, it's that Tyler Bozak is our #1. Grabovski can't play with Kessel. He simply cannot be moved unless a better centre is coming to Toronto though another trade.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

As someone who dislikes both teams, I can say with a high degree of objectivity that this is an overpayment by Toronto. Hjalmarsson is a pretty solid defenseman, but he isn't worth a top-6 center and a pick, especially when after Grabovski there isn't another guy who can play top-six C.

Chicago would definitely do this trade though--if that means anything.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Jax Teller

I'd probably make this trade if it was a 1 for 1 swap.

Jax Teller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
I'd probably make this trade if it was a 1 for 1 swap.
Toronto doesn't offer because they can't replace Bozak. Who is going to play with Kessel? Graboviski hasn't demonstrated that he can.

This is not a big enough trade to warrant a third team giving a top-six center to Toronto to make it happen, imo.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:37 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Whoa now, hold on. I am game for this if the leafs can rid ourselves of Komi or Holzer. The idea that we "Need" Bozak is a little bit of an overstatement here. We do this trade we have a great partner for either Gardiner or Neuf as well as free up a cluttered position to have Colborne come up. Despite his performance in the AHL he was pretty good for us when he was in the NHL with Frattin so I would certainly do this trade.

New centers:
Grabo
Connolly (re-sign to 1 year deal)
Colborne
Mcclement

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Whoa now, hold on. I am game for this if the leafs can rid ourselves of Komi or Holzer. The idea that we "Need" Bozak is a little bit of an overstatement here. We do this trade we have a great partner for either Gardiner or Neuf as well as free up a cluttered position to have Colborne come up. Despite his performance in the AHL he was pretty good for us when he was in the NHL with Frattin so I would certainly do this trade.

New centers:
Grabo
Connolly (re-sign to 1 year deal)
Colborne
Mcclement
Rid ourselves of Holzer lol? He hasn't even played yet and he looks super solid in the AHL

As for this deal, no thanks. Not bad but I never really liked Hammer

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:43 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

No from Chicago. Bozak isn't a 2nd line centre; he's a fringe guy. If Chicago's trading Hammer, they should go big and get a guy that legitimately fills the hole now and going forward.

And, I'm sorry, but even if Bozak was significantly better at faceoffs than Bolland (which he's not; 48% vs 52%), that would still be no reason to trade for him.. there are alot of centres that are better on faceoffs than Bolland.. get a true 2nd line centre if you're giving up a significant piece.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

I am fine with it as Bozak is great and all but he is not a great number one center. Really I do not think it is Bozak that works well with Kessel it is more or less Lupul. When Lupul was out of the line up Kessel was not preforming like he should be. When you look at Toronto D it is pretty light on the defensive minded players.

- Gunnarsson
- Komisareak
- Holzer (Still not 100% on him.)

The only true player I trust is Gunnar as Komisareak play has dropped and I see no reason for it to pick up and Holzer is a rookie who has not seen any real play time in the NHL.

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner/Liles - Hjalmarsson
Gardiner/Liles - Holzer/Franson
Holzer/Franson

Seems to me that is makes our D core much more stable. My only problem is Hjalmarsson is not as rugged as I would like but he is still defensively sound. Something that would work well with Liles or Gardiner.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Bozak is alot better then Kruger/Kane at C

Hawks keep Bolland at #3 C and put Bozak between Hossa/Sharp

Also Bozak is light years better then Bolland at faceoffs a major issue with Hawks
Bozak beside Hossa and Sharp would be something fun to see

Bozak could possibly be a consistent 50ish point guy. Would not be as relied on defensively when playing with Kessel/Lupul.

Value wise is pretty good, but the statement I just said above is the reason why the leafs don't do it

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
No from Chicago. Bozak isn't a 2nd line centre; he's a fringe guy. If Chicago's trading Hammer, they should go big and get a guy that legitimately fills the hole now and going forward.

And, I'm sorry, but even if Bozak was significantly better at faceoffs than Bolland (which he's not; 48% vs 52%), that would still be no reason to trade for him.. there are alot of centres that are better on faceoffs than Bolland.. get a true 2nd line centre if you're giving up a significant piece.
What significant piece are Hawks moving?

Hammer wont net a big caliber player. Bozak type guys are what you will get for Hammer

Old
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

Disagree. Hammer is not a significant piece. You wont get someone much better if at all than Bozak for him. I understand why Leaf fans wouldn't do it, but the value is fair.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:08 PM
TurdFerguson

Bozak (along with many others) could likely become a UFA before Burke ever even gets a chance to negotiate with his agent. I guess we could sign him if Zajac, Weiss, Roy and Ribeiro sign elsewhere.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:27 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

I would do it for the sole reason that it would force Burke to get a competent #1 C. Also i really like Hjalmarsson, he would fit well in our top 4 either with Phaneuf or Gardiner.

Gunnarsson/Hjalmarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Gunnarsson/Hjalmarsson

Is a pretty good top 4 especially with Rielly on his way.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 View Post
Toronto doesn't offer because they can't replace Bozak. Who is going to play with Kessel? Graboviski hasn't demonstrated that he can.

This is not a big enough trade to warrant a third team giving a top-six center to Toronto to make it happen, imo.
Connolly can replace Bozak, through this shortened season. As of now there are some solid options through free agency, although that number will drop. There could be a center or two available through trade at that time aswell. If a replacement can't be found re-sign Connolly or Lombardi, whomever plays better. Bozak was never going to be the long-term #1 center, although he could be kept around as a solid 3C when a higher calibre center is acquired. The Leafs don't have much for defensive defenseman in the system (Holzer, Granberg, Nilsson, MacWilliam, Loov) and only Komisarek and Gunnarsson on the roster. Hjalmarsson is young and good enough to be part of the Leafs top-4 for a number of years.

Jax Teller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:04 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
What significant piece are Hawks moving?

Hammer wont net a big caliber player. Bozak type guys are what you will get for Hammer
A 25-year-old top-4 Dman. How anyone could say Hammer isn't a siginificant piece is beyond me. Although Hammer wouldn't net a great 2nd line centre by himself, as part of a package the Hawks could get a legitimate centre to fill the hole now and going forward as opposed to getting a player like Bozak who would merely be a stopgap until the Hawks could upgrade (costing likely another roster player/prospects) at the position or until one of their prospects developes.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote