HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2012, 04:23 PM
  #1
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

I just wanted the thread. I'll think of a lame title later.


Good news is, they can't lose next weekend.


Last edited by whiplash: 11-17-2012 at 03:07 PM.
whiplash is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
  #2
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 12,963
vCash: 500
More like Wannstedt goes bye bye week.

AMIRITE?!

Myllz is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 04:31 PM
  #3
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
More like Wannstedt goes bye bye week.

AMIRITE?!
We wish...but I'm not holding my breath.

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
10-22-2012, 04:42 PM
  #4
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,753
vCash: 600
So 3 years ago no one would take the heading coaching job.... anyone think thats different now?

dma0034 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
  #5
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
So 3 years ago no one would take the heading coaching job.... anyone think thats different now?
Well, what other senior citizens are trolling around the Football world? It's obvious it would be one of them, one of Ralphie's chronies.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
  #6
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
More like Wannstedt goes bye bye week.

AMIRITE?!
Nix, Chandler, Wandstedt AND Williams!

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 04:59 PM
  #7
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Since 2008 :
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matthew Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
---

Outside of Tebow, Gabbert, Locker and Ponder..... I'd take any of them before Fitz
Disagree, the only time I would want Sanchez were if my sobreity was in question at the time. Not big on Stafford and his arm issues. Ponder has actually been good. Not big on Weeden, he is Fitz in age(minus the experience) Not big on $CAM or Locker. Freeman doesn't excite me either. The rest I agree with you on.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 05:57 PM
  #8
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
More like Wannstedt goes bye bye week.

AMIRITE?!
You wouldn't see me complain. If he doesn't fix the problems with his scheme immediately, he can let the cheaply installed screen door at ODB hit his Achilles on the way out

whiplash is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 06:50 PM
  #9
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Kelsay just came right out and said what we're all thinking: guys aren't trying hard every play.

Mario Williams is enemy #1. What a complete waste that guy has been.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 07:05 PM
  #10
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,753
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Disagree, the only time I would want Sanchez were if my sobreity was in question at the time. Not big on Stafford and his arm issues. Ponder has actually been good. Not big on Weeden, he is Fitz in age(minus the experience) Not big on $CAM or Locker. Freeman doesn't excite me either. The rest I agree with you on.
Sanchez gets less credit than he deserves..... looking at that offense! No WRs (including Holmes) and no RBs.....

Stafford threw for 5000 yards last season (and yes I don't he is an elite qb I'd take him over Fitz)

Ponder had a nice 4 game stretch to open the season. He wasn't impressive last season and has struggled since game 5 (58 yards 1 Td 2 Ints last week)

Weeden has looked great the last 3-4 weeks.

Cam Newton is well..... I'll give you that one

Locker has some huge potential

Freeman had a bad season last year but he is on point this year and is capitalizing on having Jackson and Williams

dma0034 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 08:14 PM
  #11
Dubi Doo
Registered User
 
Dubi Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,375
vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Kelsay just came right out and said what we're all thinking: guys aren't trying hard every play.

Mario Williams is enemy #1. What a complete waste that guy has been.
What a difference a year makes. Last year they sucked, but they had some fight in them. Two years ago they were playing tough against teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I really despise this team right now. Reminds me of the 06-07 Sabres with a 1/4 of the talent. The problem with that is, in hockey you can afford to take games off, but not in football. Every game matters.

Dubi Doo is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 09:21 PM
  #12
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll
 
flyingpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pay the troll toll
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Nix, Chandler, Wandstedt AND Williams!
Chandler ain't the problem

flyingpig is online now  
Old
10-22-2012, 09:43 PM
  #13
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,389
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Nix, Chandler, Wandstedt AND Williams!
Wait.. why Chandler?

vcv is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 09:47 PM
  #14
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Wait.. why Chandler?
I'm assuming he means Chan. And typed "dler" instead of "Gailey{".

Also, I don't have a problem yet with Nix. He has undeniably increased the talent on the team. We were atrocious when he took over...the underachieving is not due to a lack of talent.

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
  #15
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Sanchez gets less credit than he deserves..... looking at that offense! No WRs (including Holmes) and no RBs.....

Stafford threw for 5000 yards last season (and yes I don't he is an elite qb I'd take him over Fitz)

Ponder had a nice 4 game stretch to open the season. He wasn't impressive last season and has struggled since game 5 (58 yards 1 Td 2 Ints last week)

Weeden has looked great the last 3-4 weeks.

Cam Newton is well..... I'll give you that one

Locker has some huge potential

Freeman had a bad season last year but he is on point this year and is capitalizing on having Jackson and Williams
Sanchez sucks, he's had some weapons in past seasons and has disappointed. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. Ponder, Weeden, Locker, Gabbert and even Freeman are all pretty mediocre options imo. Not to say I wouldn't want take one to at least have a young qb in the mix. Agreed on Stafford though he's legit and will be a good qb for a long time.
Looking at that list It's really a mixed bag. Ryan, Stafford, Luck, and Rg3 All look like franchise qb's. Guys like Bradford, Flacco, and Newton will probably be above average starters in their careers(although Flacco is slipping a bit in my eyes and I've never been high on Newton). Of the rest, most just don't have a large enough of a sample size to make a permanent judgement on yet, although most seem pretty blah to me (probably because most were the leftover qb's drafted later in the 1st after the elite talent was already taken). So in summary I'd say I'd lean heavily towards using that first pick on a qb. If it looks unlikely that one of the top qb's will make it to us they need to get aggressive like the redskins did this year. It's the most important position in football and we've disregarded it year in and year out or taken the leftovers in the draft like Losman or Edwards.

is the answer jesus is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:41 PM
  #16
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,670
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
A retractable-roof stadium to be built on the Outer Harbor is being proposed: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121029746/1109

Taro Tsujimoto is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:08 PM
  #17
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
A retractable-roof stadium to be built on the Outer Harbor is being proposed: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121029746/1109
Retractable roof? Check
Looks good? Check
On the waterfront near downtown? Check
Bills here for the foreseeable future? Check

Build the damn thing! Blow up all that dilapidated industrial garbage, plant a ******** of trees, make some parking lots and we're good to go.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:15 PM
  #18
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
A retractable-roof stadium to be built on the Outer Harbor is being proposed: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121029746/1109
Very cool. Would certainly be a great thing for the bills and for this area. Would actually put the Buffalo bills "in Buffalo", the waterfront would be ideal too.

is the answer jesus is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 12:14 AM
  #19
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I'm assuming he means Chan. And typed "dler" instead of "Gailey{".

Also, I don't have a problem yet with Nix. He has undeniably increased the talent on the team. We were atrocious when he took over...the underachieving is not due to a lack of talent.
I admit, I just thought Chan was short for Chandler. So i've always called him that, sorry for the confusion.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 12:20 AM
  #20
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Retractable roof? Check
Looks good? Check
On the waterfront near downtown? Check
Bills here for the foreseeable future? Check

Build the damn thing! Blow up all that dilapidated industrial garbage, plant a ******** of trees, make some parking lots and we're good to go.
This is good in theory but isnt time a factor? Ralph could croak any day now. If this isn't a passed deal by then it could be a messy situation. Who knows what his plans are, if someone is lined up, etc.

Is Cuomo for the Bills staying? Not sure who it was but some state politician was standing outside the stadium a month or so ago with a presser pleading the team has to stay, kind of funny a politician would care.

The only thing nice about the current setup is for us out of towners who don't have to go downtown, that ride home just got considerably longer...

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 12:22 AM
  #21
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Sanchez sucks, he's had some weapons in past seasons and has disappointed. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. Ponder, Weeden, Locker, Gabbert and even Freeman are all pretty mediocre options imo. Not to say I wouldn't want take one to at least have a young qb in the mix. Agreed on Stafford though he's legit and will be a good qb for a long time.
Looking at that list It's really a mixed bag. Ryan, Stafford, Luck, and Rg3 All look like franchise qb's. Guys like Bradford, Flacco, and Newton will probably be above average starters in their careers(although Flacco is slipping a bit in my eyes and I've never been high on Newton). Of the rest, most just don't have a large enough of a sample size to make a permanent judgement on yet, although most seem pretty blah to me (probably because most were the leftover qb's drafted later in the 1st after the elite talent was already taken). So in summary I'd say I'd lean heavily towards using that first pick on a qb. If it looks unlikely that one of the top qb's will make it to us they need to get aggressive like the redskins did this year. It's the most important position in football and we've disregarded it year in and year out or taken the leftovers in the draft like Losman or Edwards.
Thank you, how can any Bills fan say they would want Sanchez, have you not seen him? The first 2 years the D did the work with a solid running game.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 01:35 AM
  #22
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 500
Vick is a UFA this off-season.I would sign him in an instant.Yes he will be 33 and has regressed, but he is still much better then Fitzpatrick.Fitz is straight garbage, I hope we sign Vick on a 2 year deal as a stopgap and use our 1st round pick (which hopefully will be top 5) on the best available QB.Hell, I'd trade up for Geno Smith if need be.Have Vick start year 1, if he struggles and you think Geno is ready, then put him in.If Vick plays good and we are winning, then you give Smith the year to develop and give him the reins next season and have Vick as the backup.

All of this is moot point if Chan Gailey,Dave Wannstedt,Buddy Nix and Ryan Fitzpatrick are still employed for the Bills.Or if our new coach, who will probably be some mediocre retread, will probably keep FJ as the #1 back and give Spiller 30% of the carries, when it should be the other way around.Looking at how brutal our team is, we need to spend our 1st on a QB, and a 2nd on the best available WR or LB.Our OL is very good and young.We don't need any OL draft picks.And with the hundred+ million spent and invested on the DL, there should be 0 DT or DE's drafted.Secondary is pretty bad, but with all the 1st/2nd round picks spent there recently (Byrd,Gilmore,Williams,Mckelvin) there should not be any players in the secondary drafted before round 6-7.We need to stock up on WR and LBs after getting our franchise QB.Finally getting a top end TE would be great, we haven't had a good TE since Reimersma and he wasn't even that good.It's too bad I have lost all hope in this team drafting/winning games that it's almost impossible for me to get excited.

Layne Staley is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 03:26 AM
  #23
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
They came out and sad that they will break ground on te new stadium as soon as the Casino and companion span are finished...

Imlach a cup is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 06:13 AM
  #24
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
A retractable-roof stadium to be built on the Outer Harbor is being proposed: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121029746/1109
My favorite part of the article:

Quote:
Company President Nicholas J. Stracick and Vice President George F. Hasiotis acknowledged to The Buffalo News that they have yet to line up political support, or reach out to the Bills, for a project that touches two areas the team and development of the outer harbor and has produced its share of cynicism. They are banking on the City of Buffalo and Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo allowing them an option on a 167-acre site so they can convince the National Football League that a stunning facility is ready to be built in Buffalo.
......

I guess talking to the team that would be your anchor tenant isn't all THAT important.

There's also that little assumption of NYS kicking in $400M. From where?

SackTastic is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 08:58 AM
  #25
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
My favorite part of the article:



......

I guess talking to the team that would be your anchor tenant isn't all THAT important.

There's also that little assumption of NYS kicking in $400M. From where?
Decades ago, NYS should have started charging an "exit fee" of a few hundred bucks a head for statewide residents relocating elsewhere in the USA. By now they would have had enough money to build that proposed stadium out of gold...

brian_griffin is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.