HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lars Eller

Old
11-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Lars Eller

I want Lars Eller back in the Blues' organization.

Montreal fans, what would you be looking for in exchange?

St. Louis has depth at RW and RD, and a couple of potentially-interesting goalie prospects, to work with.

Not looking to move Roman Polak on RD, unless something very tempting in addition to Eller is offered in exchange.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
While I doubt Montreal wants to move Eller. It'd likely be something around Schwartz or Kurker. I'll admit to knowing very little about St. Louis' prospects, save Tarasenko. So I do not know how highly some are valued. What I can say is Montreal has no interest in goaltending prospects and not much toward defense either. It would have to be a similar caliber forward, or someone adds.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Nothing remotely close to what you would be willing to pay.

He's already the second best defensive forward on the team (behind Plekanec, for now) and is quietly developing into our less physical version of Dave Bolland. His value to us far outweighs his value on the trade market.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:30 AM
StringerBell

I would love him on the Canucks, and would be willing to slightly overpay for him.

Gaunce + 2013 1st for Eller + 2013 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

St. Louis has depth at RW and RD, and a couple of potentially-interesting goalie prospects, to work with.

Not looking to move Roman Polak on RD, unless something very tempting in addition to Eller is offered in exchange.
So which RD would you be willing to move then, Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I would love him on the Canucks, and would be willing to slightly overpay for him.

Unless there is a sizable plus being added on Eller. He has no business being mentioned in a swap for Pietrangelo. Even Shattenkirk is a damn stretch.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
It would take a lot
Like Schwartz

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:35 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Unless there is a sizable plus being added on Eller. He has no business being mentioned in a swap for Pietrangelo. Even Shattenkirk is a damn stretch.
That was kind of my point. Just found it funny how the OP mentioned they had depth at RD for a trade but doesn't want to trade them for Eller. At least that's how I interpreted it.

How was my proposal for value?

Gaunce + 1st for Eller + 2nd

Old
11-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:

1. This thread is not about trading Eller to Vancouver. Kindly make your own thread for that, if you don't mind.

2. I would be willing to move Shattenkirk before Polak in the right deal. Polak is a physical defensive defenseman, which the Blues have exactly one of on the right side (with Jani Hakanpää waiting in the wings for next season). Shattenkirk is essentially Pietrangelo Lite, a very good asset to have, but also something of a luxury that could be moved out in exchange for a quality player.

I would take a downgrade from Shattenkirk on RD -- someone like Yannick Weber -- along with Eller, because Eller represents solid two-way depth at both center and left wing for the Blues.

I would offer Shattenkirk and the rights to Kurker in exchange.

I'm sure other Blues' fans will howl about this.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:56 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
1. This thread is not about trading Eller to Vancouver. Kindly make your own thread for that, if you don't mind.
I'll pass, thanks. This is a 'value of' thread. The value of a player is what the market determines. If I were to make another value of Eller thread mods would likely just merge anyways.

Quote:
2. I would be willing to move Shattenkirk before Polak in the right deal. Polak is a physical defensive defenseman, which the Blues have exactly one of on the right side (with Jani Hakanpää waiting in the wings for next season). Shattenkirk is essentially Pietrangelo Lite, a very good asset to have, but also something of a luxury that could be moved out in exchange for a quality player.

I would take a downgrade from Shattenkirk on RD -- someone like Yannick Weber -- along with Eller, because Eller represents solid two-way depth at both center and left wing for the Blues.

Cool, I respect that. I do agree though, I don't see your fellow Blues fans being thrilled about moving Shattenkirk for Eller.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:09 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
Quote:

I actually wouldn't be opposed to that, but I don't really know why the Habs would want the rights to Kurker. He hasn't really proven anything yet, so I can't see him holding any value to them. If they wanted him, they could've drafted him a few times. Seems unnecessary to throw him in there.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
I would offer Shattenkirk and the rights to Kurker in exchange (for Eller and Weber).

I cannot imagine why you would think that...it seems to be a well-thought-out trade.
Creating a weakness on the team to fill a third line center role seems to be of the upmost well-thought out plans I have seen recently.

Honestly, I think the Blues would be better off trading Pietrangelo for...say...Eller, Emelin and Weber.
This way the Blues do not lose any depth and gain that ultra-important 3rd line center role plus take care of that pesky missing left-side defenseman and get more cost certainty since we know Pietrangelo is going to cost quite a lot once his contract expires.

Really a win-win-win.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:

Overpay? Is this real life?

So you think the difference between Eller and Gaunce is 10-15 spots in the draft?

Suppose there is a season, Vancouver will probably pick anywhere from 25th to 30th while Montreal's 2nd rounder will be from 31-40.

Quote:

Shattenkirk and Kurker for Eller and Weber? I'd do that deal.

Weber is pretty much garbage at this point and Shattenkirk is more proven than Eller.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:

Montreal doesn't need another offensive D, especially if he needs sheltered minutes. We already have Markov, Subban, Kaberle, Diaz, and Weber who are all at least decent offensively.

Our needs are physical shutdown RD and top 6 LW.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
That was kind of my point. Just found it funny how the OP mentioned they had depth at RD for a trade but doesn't want to trade them for Eller. At least that's how I interpreted it.

How was my proposal for value?

Gaunce + 1st for Eller + 2nd
It's decent, but Vancouver lacks size, thus the reason we chose Gaunce. Eller would be the opposite of what Gillis wants. Likewise, we really cannot afford to trade our first unless it's for a top six forward. So a thanks but no thanks.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:24 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:

Something around Berglund and Eller as the main pieces. I doubt you guys would do it though.

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:28 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Wow did I just see a Shattenkirk for Eller and Weber proposal?
That's horrible for the Blues.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
It's decent, but Vancouver lacks size, thus the reason we chose Gaunce. Eller would be the opposite of what Gillis wants. Likewise, we really cannot afford to trade our first unless it's for a top six forward. So a thanks but no thanks.
Are you a Nucks fan or a Habs fan? Not sure if you looked but Eller and Gaunce are the same height.

That offer is horrible for the Habs.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Eller+Weber+a 2nd round draft 2013 for Perron

Perron had a serious injury. St-Louis might lose at first the trade but the 2nd round draft pick could also become a top 6 forward.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I would rather keep Eller...

I see ton of untapped potential in this guy and it would be real dumb to trade him at this point...

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:50 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Eller+Weber+a 2nd round draft 2013 for Perron

Perron had a serious injury. St-Louis might lose at first the trade but the 2nd round draft pick could also become a top 6 forward.
Perron has had 1 injury in his whole career he is showing no side effects from it. Eller still has potential but really my fellow Blues fans need to get over him he would be a nice player to have but not worth what he would cost to get.

BTW I understand habs fans wanting a lot for Eller. It just makes no sense for the Blues to give it for what would be our 3rd line center.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:53 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Perron has had 1 injury in his whole career he is showing no side effects from it. Eller still has potential but really my fellow Blues fans need to get over him he would be a nice player to have but not worth what he would cost to get.
What about something around Eller and Berglund ?

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:56 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
What about something around Eller and Berglund ?
No chance at all we need to upgrade our #2 center spot trading a center makes 0 sense for the Blues at all. Berglund only gets traded for an upgrade.

I also understand you guys probably feel the same about Eller.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Good to see the idea of Shattenkirk for Eller... which IMHO recognizes that Eller has high value to us, even though he is still an unproven commodity. I'm maybe more reserved in my hopes for Eller than some Habs fans, but at the same time he's just a player that we *need* so much more than just about any other type of player, so that makes it really complicated to find a deal that would work for us. End of the day, I suspect that would make Eller unmovable to the majority. Just because the Habs don't really need Shattenkirk as much as other types of players, I'd pass on that, even though it's a flattering offer.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 02:08 PM
JHabs61

Perron/Piet/Backes or nothing. I know the value is tilted in Habs favour, but they really have no reason to move Eller now. I'd rather have him than take a step back.

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 02:15 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Eller is being overrated in this thread... sure he has size and good raw skills but at the moment he is a very average 3rd line player, and nowhere near a lock to be a top 6 forward.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote