HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Peter Holland to Toronto ?

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 06:03 PM
WhatASaveDave

vCash: 500
Peter Holland to Toronto ?

Is Peter Holland a player the anaheim ducks are willing to move? If so, what would it take ?

In 94 games in the American Hockey League, Peter has 36 goals and 87 points

Hopefully Brian Burke can steal this guy from Anaheim as well

Old
12-05-2012, 06:05 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Given that he is one of the best players in the AHL, and could really help Anahiem's depth issue I would imagine it would take a pretty big overpayment.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Brody
$$

vCash: 560
I think they plan on him being the second line center behind Getzlaf, assuming he re-signs. Holland is a great two-way center, his ceiling is a second line C imo, but it'll be really hard to pry him away for Murray and the Ducks.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I think they plan on him being the second line center behind Getzlaf, assuming he re-signs. Holland is a great two-way center, his ceiling is a second line C imo, but it'll be really hard to pry him away for Murray and the Ducks.
I couldn't put it any better.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 50
This is the best we've ever seen Holland play. No way he goes anywhere anytime soon.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:17 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
As others have said, the way he's currently playing he's looking like a solid threat to make our top 6. It might not be a return that Toronto can swallow.

But if Toronto's interested, that's how we know Holland has made it

Old
12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
As others have said, the way he's currently playing he's looking like a solid threat to make our top 6. It might not be a return that Toronto can swallow.

But if Toronto's interested, that's how we know Holland has made it
Glad to know if Toronto fans make a thread about you C prospect then in makes him valuable.

But yeah I doubt the leafs will give up what is needed for Holland.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
Is Peter Holland a player the anaheim ducks are willing to move? If so, what would it take ?

In 94 games in the American Hockey League, Peter has 36 goals and 87 points

Hopefully Brian Burke can steal this guy from Anaheim as well
Great way to start a thread asking for a fair value.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:48 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Glad to know if Toronto fans make a thread about you C prospect then in makes him valuable.

But yeah I doubt the leafs will give up what is needed for Holland.
Relax. I was only semi-serious.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Relax. I was only semi-serious.
Too late Screenshotted can't take it back now.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:58 PM
seanlinden

Just doesn't make sense for the Leafs to pay the price for Holland. He's finally showing why Anaheim drafted him so high, and is a virtual lock to play a fairly substantial role with the Ducks considering the quality of their centres.

For the Leafs, he's a guy who falls somewhere in the middle of a group of centres that already has a few too many bodies, and even in a best case scenario, is probably Toronto's 3rd or 4th best centre. The Leafs simply can't place as much value on him as the Ducks can.

The problem with Toronto's group of centres -- there's no easy upgrade to be made. They're not a team like Anaheim, Vancouver, or Chicago, who would benefit greatly from a solid middle-of-the-lineup centre. The Leafs have 4-5 of them... the only type of centre that can drastically improve their group is a bonafide top line guy.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Exit Dose

I think people need to remember that the well Burke has been drawing from here is starting to run dry. While he stood a good chance to land some of the holdovers from his tenure, Murray isn't likely to part with the players he brought in, or claimed ownership of, as easily. At this point, I could see guys like Beleskey shipped off to the Leafs, if someone like Maroon proves a better option, but I don't see guys like Smith-Pelly or Holland as guys Burke has a good chance of pulling in a trade.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:42 AM
Paul4587

Holland + for Grabovski. That's about the only realistic piece the Ducks would be interested in.

Last edited by Paul4587: 12-06-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old
12-06-2012, 05:09 AM
sniper81

Good luck. Ducks are very high on him and rightfully so

Old
12-06-2012, 05:18 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Holland + for Grabovski. That's about the only realistic piece the Ducks would be interested in.
My gut reaction was to say not even that, but after thinking about it for a moment, offering Holland plus one of Palmieri or Smith-Pelly, maybe even Beleskey or McMillan on top of DSP or KP, sounds like the exact sort of trade Murray would make. Those were all guys that Carlyle was high on.

Old
12-06-2012, 05:22 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

At this point I think it's best for Anaheim to roll the dice with him, should there be a season. He just plays a pro style game and his talent is what you design a prototypical top 2 line center to be, good size at 6'3, very good skater, excellent shot, his play away from the puck is improving, has the ability to slow the game down when he has the puck.

and he's on a rookie scale contract, something very important to Anaheim

Old
12-06-2012, 05:46 AM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
My gut reaction was to say not even that, but after thinking about it for a moment, offering Holland plus one of Palmieri or Smith-Pelly, maybe even Beleskey or McMillan on top of DSP or KP, sounds like the exact sort of trade Murray would make. Those were all guys that Carlyle was high on.
I would hope Burke would be all for that

Old
12-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Can't see it unless Murray wants a guy like Grabo or Bozie to play behind Getzlaf instead of Holland. Although Holland fills a big organizational need in the center area.

12-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
My gut reaction was to say no way....but i'm actually quite intrigued with this.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
I wouldn't trade Holland and DPS/Palmieri for Grabo. He is overpaid and giving up Holland and one of the wings we will need next year while on ELC's is too much.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:24 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Id strongly consider this, especially if we can sign a C replacement this summer (Weiss or Roy preferably).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
I wouldn't trade Holland and DPS/Palmieri for Grabo. He is overpaid and giving up Holland and one of the wings we will need next year while on ELC's is too much.
Again, his pay is in the range of similarly producing players

Old
12-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Id strongly consider this, especially if we can sign a C replacement this summer (Weiss or Roy preferably).

That doesnt change the fact that an ELC has tremendous value to the Ducks. If Holland can come in and be a 40 point guy on his ELC then i would take that over Grabo having a 60 point season at his cap.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
My gut reaction was to say not even that, but after thinking about it for a moment, offering Holland plus one of Palmieri or Smith-Pelly, maybe even Beleskey or McMillan on top of DSP or KP, sounds like the exact sort of trade Murray would make.
Really? I don't see him going for that, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
True, no question. Given the money we've had to work with, I don't believe the Ducks would have been among the teams paying that for the type of production. But in general, it's pretty much where the market was.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Holland and DSP for Grabovski? Sure why not but I have a feeling most Ducks fans will hate this.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:51 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Holland for Bozak

Closed Thread