HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is the end, beautiful friend.

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
I couldn't tell you where exactly...I don't tend to go to Kenmore.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:24 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I couldn't tell you where exactly...I don't tend to go to Kenmore.
Too good for Kenmore eh. I USED TO LIVE IN KENMORE. We're enemies now.

Actually I think it was Tonawanda.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:26 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Too good for Kenmore eh. I USED TO LIVE IN KENMORE. We're enemies now.

Actually I think it was Tonawanda.
You "think" you lived in Tonawanda? How exactly does that work...one would think one would know where they lived with a bit more certainty.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:29 PM
aceface33

Quote:
You "think" you lived in Tonawanda? How exactly does that work...one would think one would know where they lived with a bit more certainty.
Well look. Tonawanda's a big place. You're never exactly sure when you are in Tonawanda.

I lived in an apartment just south of Sheridan near Colvin for 3 years. You go a few more blocks south and you are in Kenmore but I think I was technically in Tonawanda. However, the address said Buffalo. Crazy!

Old
11-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
And the best advice I can give you is to never

Ever

Ever

Listen to ONG when it comes to dates, love and women

Buying a rental property? He has some good helpful knowledge I'm sure
That hurts my feelings; I like my women the same way as I like my properties, acquire and flip as soon as possible.

http://youtu.be/kebwS9nMsvE

(doubt I embedded this right since I'm computer illiterate)

Old
11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
There are some sketchy areas though in Kenmore...
Yeah, stay away from Kenmore Animal Hospital and the Knights of Columbus. Gets real touch and go in those areas after dark.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Well look. Tonawanda's a big place. You're never exactly sure when you are in Tonawanda.

I lived in an apartment just south of Sheridan near Colvin for 3 years. You go a few more blocks south and you are in Kenmore but I think I was technically in Tonawanda. However, the address said Buffalo. Crazy!
When Clock & I met, we both owned homes less than a mile from each other. Clock's house had a Kenmore zip. My house had a Town of Tonawanda zip. That whole area is a hodge podge of Ken-Ton.

And now, we live in East Amherst but are in the Clarence school district. It's never easy.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:

The "U" shaped apartment buildings across from the church?

Old
11-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Pommers, Enroth, and McCormick all live in my neighborhood. And so does Barnaby.
I wish I lived in your neighborhood.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I wish I lived in your neighborhood.
When I used to do deliveries for my first job I used to regularly deliver to Hasek, LaFontaine and Ray. Also a large portion of the players lived close to where I worked and frequented the bar down the plaza and would often stumble in after having a few to order food.

I could never bring myself to ask them for autographs. I didn't want to do that when I was at their houses and even when they were in the restaurant (drunk or not) I don't like bothering players for autographs when they are on "personal time".

Old
11-30-2012, 08:59 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

The other night, annoying co-worker came in overnight and applied an upgrade to our webmail systems. Sent out emails that everything went in ok, and tested well.

We all came in the next morning with everyone and their brother (including customer base) raising hell since webmail was actually completely broken and non-functional. Had to rollback everything he did.

This morning, I'm listening to him talk about it to someone else, taking exactly zero responsibility for putting something into production that was clearly broken, and testing nothing. I cannot STAND people who aren't able to just stand up and admit they screwed up. He's blaming everything else under the sun.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:27 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
The "U" shaped apartment buildings across from the church?
Yep that's them! They were pretty cheap and in a good location. Also, the landlords (Kenmore Development I think?) were the best I ever had. When we moved out there was literally a hole in one of the walls (drunken happenings, not exactly sure how it got there) and they were like "eh, you've lived here for 3 years, stuff happens" and gave us our whole deposit back. The only downside was that our downstairs neighbor was a bit batty.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
When I used to do deliveries for my first job I used to regularly deliver to Hasek, LaFontaine and Ray. Also a large portion of the players lived close to where I worked and frequented the bar down the plaza and would often stumble in after having a few to order food.

I could never bring myself to ask them for autographs. I didn't want to do that when I was at their houses and even when they were in the restaurant (drunk or not) I don't like bothering players for autographs when they are on "personal time".
Not fair. Rob Ray was/is one of my idols and was growing up. My mom is from Buffalo so she sat me down and let me watch him beat the snot out of people. If I had a job like that, or lived in neighborhood, I'd not ask for autographs etc. But just if I saw them, you know, say hi, thank you for the job you're doing, stuff like that. Someone at my mom's work knows Danny Gare. Her mortgage lawyer is friends with Myers too. So hard to not ask "Get him to meet us!"

Old
11-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Yep that's them! They were pretty cheap and in a good location. Also, the landlords (Kenmore Development I think?) were the best I ever had. When we moved out there was literally a hole in one of the walls (drunken happenings, not exactly sure how it got there) and they were like "eh, you've lived here for 3 years, stuff happens" and gave us our whole deposit back. The only downside was that our downstairs neighbor was a bit batty.
That is where my first apartment was back in 2000-2002. I liked living there... we just out grew the apartment once my son became mobile.

Yeah, those are in the Town of Tonawanda. You don't hit Kenmore until just before Deerhurst going up Colvin. I always found it comical though that the mailing address was Buffalo though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Not fair. Rob Ray was/is one of my idols and was growing up. My mom is from Buffalo so she sat me down and let me watch him beat the snot out of people. If I had a job like that, or lived in neighborhood, I'd not ask for autographs etc. But just if I saw them, you know, say hi, thank you for the job you're doing, stuff like that. Someone at my mom's work knows Danny Gare. Her mortgage lawyer is friends with Myers too. So hard to not ask "Get him to meet us!"
It was always a bit weird standing in their houses. Especially if they were home. Some of the time it was the family ordering when the team was on the road but there were several times they were home.

I've had players (Bills and Sabres) come into several locations I've worked at over the years. I always feel bad watching people swarm them as they are trying to eat with their families. I always make my crew keep calm and not swarm them but I can't stop the customers.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
That is where my first apartment was back in 2000-2002. I liked living there... we just out grew the apartment once my son became mobile.

Yeah, those are in the Town of Tonawanda. You don't hit Kenmore until just before Deerhurst going up Colvin. I always found it comical though that the mailing address was Buffalo though.

It was always a bit weird standing in their houses. Especially if they were home. Some of the time it was the family ordering when the team was on the road but there were several times they were home.

I've had players (Bills and Sabres) come into several locations I've worked at over the years. I always feel bad watching people swarm them as they are trying to eat with their families. I always make my crew keep calm and not swarm them but I can't stop the customers.
I'd feel weird being in their homes too. But it's upsetting that when they're trying to enjoy family time, a bunch of fans come up and swamp them. It's good that you keep your crew from going nuts. It shows a nice sense of professionalism and respect. I wish more fans had that too. I have never ever asked for an autograph. I am guilty of getting a picture with some players though.
Last year I was in midtown Manhattan at around 1 PM and there was a game. I was having a meal in a restaurant and saw Dubisnky walk in, etc. No one really noticed. I walked over after I was finished (Did not interrupt while he was eating.) and just said hey, and thanks for the job he does. Stuff like that IMO is okay, just a casual hi and a hand shake. But swarming like a crazy man isn't

Old
11-30-2012, 10:26 AM
aceface33

Quote:

I moved there in Sept. 2001 so we were probably neighbors for a short time. We were in the last building to the west, closest to Delaware, in the top floor.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
I moved there in Sept. 2001 so we were probably neighbors for a short time. We were in the last building to the west, closest to Delaware, in the top floor.
We were in the middle building in the middle of the "U" on the top floor.

Small world.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Since we are talking houses, I suppose I'll brag about Clock's handy work.

When we bought our new home, our powder room was really outdated. Clock did nearly almost all the work (with some plumbing help from my step-dad) and did this.
Before:

After:

Super proud of him. Love the room now!

Old
11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Clock did way too much work.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Since we are talking houses
Actually we were talking about apartments... you just wanted a reason to brag.

(The work looks really good)

Old
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Old Navy Goat

Busy weekend; Rush concert tonight for their Clockwork Angels Tour and then I need to be at the airport for a 6am flight to Palm Beach to attend a car auction. They have a few late 60's early 70's muscle cars that I'm interested in so will see what happens.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:10 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Since we are talking houses, I suppose I'll brag about Clock's handy work.

When we bought our new home, our powder room was really outdated. Clock did nearly almost all the work (with some plumbing help from my step-dad) and did this.
Before:

After:

Super proud of him. Love the room now!
Please tell me thats a sheet of tiles behind the mirror not something he had to put up tile by tile. That would have been super annoying.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

That's a crazy looking sink.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:15 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
Please tell me thats a sheet of tiles behind the mirror not something he had to put up tile by tile. That would have been super annoying.
That tile style comes in sheets, yes. Last ones I bought were 12x12 tiles. Toss up some thinset, slap the tiles up, then grout. Done.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
I forged the tiles with my own bare hands.

Closed Thread