HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout Thread: I told myself I wouldn't do this| Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2012, 07:42 PM
  #1
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Lockout Thread: I told myself I wouldn't do this| Part IV

Looks like we're in for the long haul. Bad news all around.

“@FriedgeHNIC: NHL is very frustrated by Fehr...they are going after him. The gloves are off now.”

“@bruce_arthur: The NHL has believed Fehr has been hijacking the process for some time. This could become nuclear.”

“@NYP_Brooksie: League's objective last time was to take down Goodenow. Now it appears as if objective is to take down Fehr.”

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!

Last edited by blasted_Sabre: 12-04-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Title edited to reflect latest developments
Hurt is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:44 PM
  #2
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Looks like we're in for the long haul. Bad news all around.
Fehr is bad news personified

thewave is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:45 PM
  #3
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Edited in the latest tweets from the last thread.

Hurt is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:51 PM
  #4
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
I'm just wondering why there isn't a moderator for these talks?

Not to say that it would make a big deal, but with too many egos in one room, it would be easier to call BS on some stuff. It would also direct things to be on the same page/speak the same language and offer multiple options for a deal to be done.

showtime8 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:53 PM
  #5
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,613
vCash: 500
yea crap.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
  #6
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,811
vCash: 500
Time to fold the league break the union and form the NAHL, North America Hockey League!

thewave is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
  #7
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Time to fold the league break the union and form the NAHL, North America Hockey League!
There's already a league in the States named that, unfortunately. But I like where your head is.

Hurt is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
  #8
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Looks like we're in for the long haul. Bad news all around.

@FriedgeHNIC: NHL is very frustrated by Fehr...they are going after him. The gloves are off now.

@bruce_arthur: The NHL has believed Fehr has been hijacking the process for some time. This could become nuclear.

@NYP_Brooksie: League's objective last time was to take down Goodenow. Now it appears as if objective is to take down Fehr.
Of course they'd want the union to be without a leader.

Remember when 43% was all that the players were going to get and that was 43% of a reduced HRR-AE.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:58 PM
  #9
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Of course they'd want the union to be without a leader.

Remember when 43% was all that the players were going to get and that was 43% of a reduced HRR-AE.
I don't think it's that they want the union without a leader more than it's that they want a leader who isn't ridiculous.

Hurt is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:01 PM
  #10
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Looks like we're in for the long haul. Bad news all around.

“@FriedgeHNIC: NHL is very frustrated by Fehr...they are going after him. The gloves are off now.”

“@bruce_arthur: The NHL has believed Fehr has been hijacking the process for some time. This could become nuclear.”

“@NYP_Brooksie: League's objective last time was to take down Goodenow. Now it appears as if objective is to take down Fehr.”

Elliotte Friedman‏@FriedgeHNIC: Again, crux of dispute is memo from last night that was leaked. NHL believes Fehr "hid" details of "make-whole." One player says it was...

Maybe should include that the information was not in the letter because they new it would be leaked.

We had already heard about the make whole offer. Not sure what the public has to do with negotiations.

Seriously, the "NHL" as in owners, as in their spin. Some people swallow everything someone tweets.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
  #11
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I don't think it's that they want the union without a leader more than it's that they want a leader who isn't ridiculous.
Reminds me of auto workers unions...

"We cant give you more money Chrysler is going broke"

"More more more"

---Chapter 11

"We will settle for a little less"

"Too late we arent solvent"

"Huh, what just happened"

thewave is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
  #12
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
I had this feeling the talks would take a wrong turn.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:05 PM
  #13
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I had this feeling the talks would take a wrong turn.



blame fehr

mikebel111 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM
  #14
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I don't think it's that they want the union without a leader more than it's that they want a leader who isn't ridiculous.
And 43% of a reduced HRR-AE is genuine?

This is plain and simply about who gets to keep more of the fans money.

I think some people believe the fight is over the billionaires money when it is over the fans money. The billoinaires are not buying the tickets, they are selling them.

Why do fans care how the money is split?

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:11 PM
  #15
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,564
vCash: 500
Idiots.

Put me in the room with Fehr and BEttman with a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue (gonna get my 1st bottle tomorrow) and a case of JR and some nice stoggies.

I'll have this thing wrapped up in no time.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:12 PM
  #16
Gatorade*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
And 43% of a reduced HRR-AE is genuine?

This is plain and simply about who gets to keep more of the fans money.

I think some people believe the fight is over the billionaires money when it is over the fans money. The billoinaires are not buying the tickets, they are selling them.

Why do fans care how the money is split?
Because the revenues and percentages are directly tied to the salary cap.

Gatorade* is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:14 PM
  #17
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
And 43% of a reduced HRR-AE is genuine?

This is plain and simply about who gets to keep more of the fans money.

I think some people believe the fight is over the billionaires money when it is over the fans money. The billoinaires are not buying the tickets, they are selling them.

Why do fans care how the money is split?
I care because I cant get to play a game I love at pro level and for my dedication to personal health and wellness, be given a gift of enough money that I could afford to get an ivy league education, my first home, new cars maybe a cottage and toys paid for in full...

thewave is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:27 PM
  #18
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Because the revenues and percentages are directly tied to the salary cap.
So?

How does that impact your life?

I work for my money and when I spend it I get something I want in return. I don't really care if the owner or his workers get that money as it's gone from my pocket.

As a matter of fact I hope the workers get the majority of it. Owner is likely a shareholder who is doing nothing to make my relationship with his company any better.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
  #19
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
I care because I cant get to play a game I love at pro level and for my dedication to personal health and wellness, be given a gift of enough money that I could afford to get an ivy league education, my first home, new cars maybe a cottage and toys paid for in full...
So you're jealous of the players? At least you are being honest about it. I'm too old to worry about how much someone else is making.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:30 PM
  #20
Gatorade*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
So?

How does that impact your life?

I work for my money and when I spend it I get something I want in return. I don't really care if the owner or his workers get that money as it's gone from my pocket.

As a matter of fact I hope the workers get the majority of it. Owner is likely a shareholder who is doing nothing to make my relationship with his company any better.
It doesn't affect my life. It affects my team and their ability to garner assets.

I suppose you don't pay attention to the cap. Yeah right!

Gatorade* is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:33 PM
  #21
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
So?

How does that impact your life?

I work for my money and when I spend it I get something I want in return. I don't really care if the owner or his workers get that money as it's gone from my pocket.

As a matter of fact I hope the workers get the majority of it. Owner is likely a shareholder who is doing nothing to make my relationship with his company any better.
It impacts my life because millionaires and billionaires bickering about 5 percent of 3 billion dollars and growing is cutting into my fav pass time come winter. After the MLB lockout I never watched again. After the last NHL lockout I caught games here and there up until 09...I have plenty of friends who were the same.

thewave is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:45 PM
  #22
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
It doesn't affect my life. It affects my team and their ability to garner assets.

I suppose you don't pay attention to the cap. Yeah right!
The cap?

What does that have to do with anything.

All teams have the same cap. If the cap goes up it goes up for all teams. If the cap goes down it goes down for all teams.

The cap does not affect your team's ability to garner assets any more or any less than every other team.

If you want more cap for your team then you want the players to get a higher percentage of HRR-AE, but all teams would get that increase.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:47 PM
  #23
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
It impacts my life because millionaires and billionaires bickering about 5 percent of 3 billion dollars and growing is cutting into my fav pass time come winter. After the MLB lockout I never watched again. After the last NHL lockout I caught games here and there up until 09...I have plenty of friends who were the same.
You must be peeved at the owners for locking out the game then.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
  #24
Gatorade*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
The cap?

What does that have to do with anything.

All teams have the same cap. If the cap goes up it goes up for all teams. If the cap goes down it goes down for all teams.

The cap does not affect your team's ability to garner assets any more or any less than every other team.

If you want more cap for your team then you want the players to get a higher percentage of HRR-AE, but all teams would get that increase.
As if every team can spend to the upper limit and all teams have the same cap situation.

You seem to think I give a crap about who's pockets are getting lined. All I care about is the hockey angle and the cap is a part of hockey and the strategy of building a team.

Gatorade* is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:53 PM
  #25
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
You must be peeved at the owners for locking out the game then.
I am peeved at both, at this point more so the players. When I quit watching it was also in part to not being happy with the product the leafs were putting out there. As a consumer I was offended that they were trying to pass the leafs on me as a pro franchise. Burke messed up with Wilson, his other moves mostly have been good. Wish we still had Giguere under a system like Carlyles from the get go, a lot of our problems would already be solved.

thewave is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.