HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo thread continued...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2012, 12:05 AM
  #1
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,732
vCash: 27750
Luongo thread continued...

You know the drill. Get an infraction in here, get removed from the entire trade board.

previous thread

piqued is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:07 AM
  #2
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,279
vCash: 5555
First.

Neuvirth might be traded due to his lockout comments, I hope to goodness that opens them up as a potential trade partner. Their assets fit us so much better than Toronto.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:12 AM
  #3
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
First.

Neuvirth might be traded due to his lockout comments, I hope to goodness that opens them up as a potential trade partner. Their assets fit us so much better than Toronto.
Really? You want an immediate impact player, right? If so I don't see that being the case.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:21 AM
  #4
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,279
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Really? You want an immediate impact player, right? If so I don't see that being the case.
Mike Green, Marcus Johansson, possibly Kuznetsov(okay that one's a reach),...

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:25 AM
  #5
DanCloutiers5hole
Registered User
 
DanCloutiers5hole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Van City
Country: Canada
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
@ New Liskeard

Thanks for your attempt to be little my opinions on the way this thread has been going. But i actually do know what a cap is believe it or not!! And i think you completely missed the point of what im trying to say. This thread is about Luongo , not about how Vancouver is going to handle having two goalies under contract in a new cba where only "supposed" cap limits have been discussed and by "supposed" i mean no one including me and you know where those parameters lie. Yes i do understand cap implications must be taken into consideration during transactions but telling us our team is gonna be screwed if keep both because we will not give a way Luo for nothing is B.S.

DanCloutiers5hole is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:35 AM
  #6
capitalsrock
Registered User
 
capitalsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
First.

Neuvirth might be traded due to his lockout comments, I hope to goodness that opens them up as a potential trade partner. Their assets fit us so much better than Toronto.
Marcus Johansson for Luongo. I like it except i'm basically sold on holtby being our #1 for many years to come

capitalsrock is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:36 AM
  #7
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,308
vCash: 500
I'm assuming any team trading for Neuvirth would have to send a goalie back. That's the problem with trying to make a trade during a lockout. Every team is fully assembled for the season and no one has played yet so no one has played themself out of a job yet.

My guess if Neuvirth would be traded it would be for a vet backup for Holtby who is on an expiring deal. Something like Neuvirth + Shultz (cap) for Bulin + 2nd + 4th from Edmonton. I have no clue how that value works out but its the kind of thing I would expect.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:38 AM
  #8
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,279
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Marcus Johansson for Luongo. I like it except i'm basically sold on holtby being our #1 for many years to come
Yeah, it doesn't seem likely, as Holtby would still be given the chance to play as a number 1. But you never know. Pittsburgh went and got Vokoun, and no one saw that coming.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:39 AM
  #9
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,279
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I'm assuming any team trading for Neuvirth would have to send a goalie back. That's the problem with trying to make a trade during a lockout. Every team is fully assembled for the season and no one has played yet so no one has played themself out of a job yet.

My guess if Neuvirth would be traded it would be for a vet backup for Holtby who is on an expiring deal. Something like Neuvirth + Shultz (cap) for Bulin + 2nd + 4th from Edmonton. I have no clue how that value works out but its the kind of thing I would expect.
I could see Philly being interested, and as far as I know they don't really have anyone to send back with Bobrovsky gone.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 01:15 AM
  #10
capitalsrock
Registered User
 
capitalsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yeah, it doesn't seem likely, as Holtby would still be given the chance to play as a number 1. But you never know. Pittsburgh went and got Vokoun, and no one saw that coming.
Yea but there is absolutely no chance luongo wants to be a backup

capitalsrock is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 02:16 AM
  #11
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Lets add some crazy into this thread for kicks

To Philadelphia:
Roberto Luongo
Mike Komisarek
Clarke MacArthur
Carl Gunnarsson
Anton Rodin

To Toronto:
Illya Bryzgalov
Andrej Meszaros

To Vancouver:
Scott Hartnell or Jakub Voracek

Philly gets a stay at home d-man to replace Pronger, a much better goaltender, a 2nd/3rd line tweener a young 3rd pairing defender (because of all the injuries) and a decent prospect

Toronto gets a decent goalie and decent defender

Vancouver gets a playmaking winger or pwf

or

To SJ:
Roberto Luongo
Clarke MacArthur

To Tor:
Antti Niemi

To Van:
Ryan Clowe
SJ 2nd round pick

Ched Brosky is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 02:27 AM
  #12
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
First.

Neuvirth might be traded due to his lockout comments, I hope to goodness that opens them up as a potential trade partner. Their assets fit us so much better than Toronto.
Wait, Neuvirth is going to be traded because he backed up a fellow countryman's comments about CBA negotiations? GMGM would be both shortsighted AND a fool to dump Neuvirth for such a stupid reason. He's much smarter than that: doing so would basically be publicly admitting he'd be allowing the inmates to run the asylum.

Or am I missing something? Is the writing on the wall for Neuvirth in Washington for other reasons, and his lockout comment are just an easy excuse to dump him? I admittedly haven't been following the Washington Goaltending Soap Opera this offseason.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 03:06 AM
  #13
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I could see Philly being interested, and as far as I know they don't really have anyone to send back with Bobrovsky gone.
Neuvirth fits in Carolina quite well. Divisional rivalry make that a stretch though.


Last edited by ginner classic: 11-26-2012 at 03:11 AM.
ginner classic is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 03:07 AM
  #14
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Marcus Johansson for Luongo. I like it except i'm basically sold on holtby being our #1 for many years to come
Holtby could benefit from the same kind of development that Schnieder went through. If there is one thing Lou has shown is that he can help break in a future goaltending star.

ginner classic is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 03:41 AM
  #15
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Lets add some crazy into this thread for kicks

To Philadelphia:
Roberto Luongo
Mike Komisarek
Clarke MacArthur
Carl Gunnarsson
Anton Rodin

To Toronto:
Illya Bryzgalov
Andrej Meszaros

To Vancouver:
Scott Hartnell or Jakub Voracek

Philly gets a stay at home d-man to replace Pronger, a much better goaltender, a 2nd/3rd line tweener a young 3rd pairing defender (because of all the injuries) and a decent prospect

Toronto gets a decent goalie and decent defender

Vancouver gets a playmaking winger or pwf

or

To SJ:
Roberto Luongo
Clarke MacArthur

To Tor:
Antti Niemi

To Van:
Ryan Clowe
SJ 2nd round pick
Toronto wants nothing to do with bryzgalov and his contract. Toronto gets reamed hard.

Antropovsky is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 04:25 AM
  #16
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Toronto wants nothing to do with bryzgalov and his contract. Toronto gets reamed hard.
Bryzgalov is still a major upgrade for Toronto. I'd still consider him a top 10-5 NHL goalie right now unless he has another forgettable year like last. But 3 of his last 5 years being at .920+ sv% right now keeps him up there for me even though I'm sure Phoenix has a lot to do with his numbers ala Mike Smith.

Plus Leafs dump Komisarek in the deal without giving up top players/prospect/picks

However it is that contract that is the x factor since its still to be seen if he is a product of Tippet's defensive system or not. I think he's as good as his career average of 2.50 gaa .915 sv% on a team thats not run and gun. But because of that contract, that basically takes away any value he has.

Ched Brosky is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 05:59 AM
  #17
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Bryzgalov is still a major upgrade for Toronto. I'd still consider him a top 10-5 NHL goalie right now unless he has another forgettable year like last. But 3 of his last 5 years being at .920+ sv% right now keeps him up there for me even though I'm sure Phoenix has a lot to do with his numbers ala Mike Smith.

Plus Leafs dump Komisarek in the deal without giving up top players/prospect/picks

However it is that contract that is the x factor since its still to be seen if he is a product of Tippet's defensive system or not. I think he's as good as his career average of 2.50 gaa .915 sv% on a team thats not run and gun. But because of that contract, that basically takes away any value he has.
He's not the answer for Toronto, I'd much rather have Tim Thomas for a season or two.

Antropovsky is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 06:11 AM
  #18
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Lets add some crazy into this thread for kicks

To Philadelphia:
Roberto Luongo
Mike Komisarek
Clarke MacArthur
Carl Gunnarsson
Anton Rodin

To Toronto:
Illya Bryzgalov
Andrej Meszaros

To Vancouver:
Scott Hartnell or Jakub Voracek

Philly gets a stay at home d-man to replace Pronger, a much better goaltender, a 2nd/3rd line tweener a young 3rd pairing defender (because of all the injuries) and a decent prospect

Toronto gets a decent goalie and decent defender

Vancouver gets a playmaking winger or pwf

or

To SJ:
Roberto Luongo
Clarke MacArthur

To Tor:
Antti Niemi

To Van:
Ryan Clowe
SJ 2nd round pick
No way to the first one....i can't see were the decent goaltender is.

Sure on the second.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 06:14 AM
  #19
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Bryzgalov is still a major upgrade for Toronto. I'd still consider him a top 10-5 NHL goalie right now unless he has another forgettable year like last. But 3 of his last 5 years being at .920+ sv% right now keeps him up there for me even though I'm sure Phoenix has a lot to do with his numbers ala Mike Smith.

Plus Leafs dump Komisarek in the deal without giving up top players/prospect/picks

However it is that contract that is the x factor since its still to be seen if he is a product of Tippet's defensive system or not. I think he's as good as his career average of 2.50 gaa .915 sv% on a team thats not run and gun. But because of that contract, that basically takes away any value he has.
1 more year of Komi is better than multiple years of Bryz if he is still as loopy as last season.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 06:34 AM
  #20
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,967
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Bryzgalov is still a major upgrade for Toronto. I'd still consider him a top 10-5 NHL goalie right now unless he has another forgettable year like last. But 3 of his last 5 years being at .920+ sv% right now keeps him up there for me even though I'm sure Phoenix has a lot to do with his numbers ala Mike Smith.

Plus Leafs dump Komisarek in the deal without giving up top players/prospect/picks

However it is that contract that is the x factor since its still to be seen if he is a product of Tippet's defensive system or not. I think he's as good as his career average of 2.50 gaa .915 sv% on a team thats not run and gun. But because of that contract, that basically takes away any value he has.
Honestly, he is not. Bryzgalov has no business being ranked anywhere near the top ten. His stats are very evident of Tippet's system, in addition he is heavily reliant on a defensive style to fortify his numerous weaknesses. Toronto is anything but defensively and I doubt Carlyle does much to deviate from that. Once you factor in the contract, he is easily one of the worst acquisitions for the Leafs.

The second is decent however I doubt San Jose bothers.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 06:44 AM
  #21
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 50
I think Burke will trade with someone that will take his calls. I think he will pay for Hiller. If this happens, I'd propose Luongo and Edler for Getzlaf or Perry (or both LOL!). This puts Luongo out of the NW and gives Vancouver a piece they need. Both Getzlaf and Perry are FA next summer. If they are unhappy and have said so, this trade route might work.

JuniorNelson is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 07:09 AM
  #22
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I think Burke will trade with someone that will take his calls. I think he will pay for Hiller. If this happens, I'd propose Luongo and Edler for Getzlaf or Perry (or both LOL!). This puts Luongo out of the NW and gives Vancouver a piece they need. Both Getzlaf and Perry are FA next summer. If they are unhappy and have said so, this trade route might work.
If those guys are not happy in ANA. i think they hit the UFA market and look for a payday.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 07:17 AM
  #23
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,967
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I think Burke will trade with someone that will take his calls. I think he will pay for Hiller. If this happens, I'd propose Luongo and Edler for Getzlaf or Perry (or both LOL!). This puts Luongo out of the NW and gives Vancouver a piece they need. Both Getzlaf and Perry are FA next summer. If they are unhappy and have said so, this trade route might work.
We're not giving up Edler for a rental. And if Anaheim were to lose either, then trade Hiller. They are rebuilding, thus have no need for Luongo.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 09:15 AM
  #24
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
We're not giving up Edler for a rental. And if Anaheim were to lose either, then trade Hiller. They are rebuilding, thus have no need for Luongo.
You realize Edler too could be a rental. Also I'd propose re-signing Getzlaf and Perry and making them our core.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 09:26 AM
  #25
NYVanfan
Registered User
 
NYVanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
You realize Edler too could be a rental. Also I'd propose re-signing Getzlaf and Perry and making them our core.
those guys are going to want Parise/Suter money ....
we're dreaming to think we can afford one of them, let alone both


but just for fun .....
Luongo for 1st, whatever prospects Ana likes from TO
then @ deadline, all the TO stuff, our 1st, Edler, my firstborn, whatevr ....for Gerz/Perry ....

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)
Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Zack Kassian ($0.870m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Derek Joslin ($0.700m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,760,000; BONUSES: $185,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $625,000

horrendous blueline, but we should score 5 goals per game, so wont matter...
hell, I'd give all that for just Perry...

NYVanfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.