HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo thread continued...

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 04:16 AM
sniper81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
He managed to play on the third line of a team that did not make the playoffs and was totally shredded in goals against. He reported to camp out of shape and already has a reputation in that regard. He's boom bust because we've already seen what Vinnie did to Hodgson.

Kadri would have had a cup of coffee in Vancouver, at best.

sorry for the late reply, hectic last 2 days at work. The Leafs record with Nazem Kadri is over 500, haven't had time to go through all 51 games, so it isn't his fault the Leafs haven't made the playoffs. I played agaisnt Kadri and Hogdson growing up and they are 2 different types of players, I don't see either as boom or bust anymore because the days of top 6 bottom top 6 seem to be top 9 and 4th line. Its a shame how Hodgson and Kadri both got treated IMO, I don't think the best way to develope someone is to rip into their character through the media.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Yah, Harding got diagnosed with MS so Luongo would end up in Toronto.
What other options do they have?

Old
11-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak5holeguy View Post
I never said Luongo sucked. His contract most definitely sucks though.
Until the new CBA is signed, you can't make this statement. If his contract is grandfathered it is tailor made for TO. More salary than cap, and a boatload of ways to get out of it after year 5.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:27 AM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCloutiers5hole View Post
You don't seem like a unintelligent person so you must realize we are on two different sides of a debate. No matter what we try to say to the other side in terms of fairness or value the other will never concede. I don't think anything your saying is untrue because its your opinion just like i have one and there both completely biased lol..... As for the Loungo wanting a trade stuff, if you pay attention to the videos he's portraying a person who's accepting his fate that the team may be going with Schneider more than a disgruntled player demanding trade. He's been a consummate pro through this whole thing, not a disruption which i think you've unintentionally been portraying him as.
Hammer, Nail and head right there. I have said this before and am going to say it again, Lou will NOT fetch the return Canucks fans want & he issn't coming to Toronto for a bag of pucks either. Plain and simple his value is higher or lower then either side cares to admit.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Alright alright...

Colborne + 1st in 2013 (top ten protected) + Komisarek + MacArthur

for

Luongo + Raymond
No, we had Lupul+ earlier in this thread. Any trade with less overall value should be an immediate rejection. Furthermore, there is no scenario was accept Komisarek unless you include Kessel. His cap and utter uselessness make him albatross.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
No, we had Lupul+ earlier in this thread. Any trade with less overall value should be an immediate rejection. Furthermore, there is no scenario was accept Komisarek unless you include Kessel. His cap and utter uselessness make him albatross.
Okay...deal. We leave out Komi and you guys quit trying to add Raymond.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:20 AM
KeninsFan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Okay...deal. We leave out Komi and you guys quit trying to add Raymond.
This will be the most universally accepted proposal in any Luongo thread.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:27 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
What other options do they have?
Their current goalies? A different trade? Trying to pretend the Leafs have no choice other than Luo is laughably homerific.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:06 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
i love how you actually think you're negotiating a deal. Hilarious

Old
11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Calm down. It's the Trade Forum, isn't being an Armchair GM a part of that?

Old
11-29-2012, 09:17 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Stay on topic guys. Focus on hammering out a deal so we could end this thread!

Old
11-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Spazmatic Dan
Leafs Through Power

Quote:
I don't think you'll see every Leaf fan willing to part with Lupul, not to mention add to him. At least, I don't think its a good idea.

Moving Lupul creates such a hole on the left side in my mind. He's also a UFA shortly.

Just my 2 cents.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
I don't think you'll see every Leaf fan willing to part with Lupul, not to mention add to him. At least, I don't think its a good idea.

Moving Lupul creates such a hole on the left side in my mind. He's also a UFA shortly.

Just my 2 cents.
We added JVR, and contrary to Leaf fans dreams, he's a winger not a center. I'll also ask, being Lupul is UFA shortly, if there is no season, are you prepared to resign him using only his one good season as a guage?

Old
11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I love being an armchair GM, I used to be an armchair QB, but found myself on injured reserve too often and had to retire.......true story....lol

Old
11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
doorman

Quote:
We added JVR, and contrary to Leaf fans dreams, he's a winger not a center. I'll also ask, being Lupul is UFA shortly, if there is no season, are you prepared to resign him using only his one good season as a guage?
I would prefer if we were somehow able to keep him and JVR. While I am not saying he will keep trending up, he does play well with Kessel. So if he makes Kessel play better well, enough said. Now having to have him included is not a deal breaker, but i just don't see Burke doing it. I think Lupul likes playing in TO and wants to stay. i also think he would take a discount to stay. And it isn't the first time he scored over 20goals, been a while but he was injured. So while I am not saying he will be a 35-40 guy I think that he is good for 25-30 as they play well together.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Mitts McCann

Quote:
He also strikes me as guy who going to get the top dollar he can possibly get. I see a Burke and Lupul clash brewing "If Trent can get 3 years at over a million dollars from someone else, god bless him I'll drive him to the airport." I miss his quotes

Old
11-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
I would prefer if we were somehow able to keep him and JVR. While I am not saying he will keep trending up, he does play well with Kessel. So if he makes Kessel play better well, enough said. Now having to have him included is not a deal breaker, but i just don't see Burke doing it. I think Lupul likes playing in TO and wants to stay. i also think he would take a discount to stay. And it isn't the first time he scored over 20goals, been a while but he was injured. So while I am not saying he will be a 35-40 guy I think that he is good for 25-30 as they play well together.
I won't argue...but i want Luongo. The need for a goalie upgrade is emmence. So, when i look at what Van needs, Lupul seems to fit best. We have an abundance of wingers so it seems like the one area we can deal from. I like Lupul as well, but we don't have center depth...we don't have defensive depth...so i think it's either Lupul or JVR and i want to keep JVR.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Mitts McCann

Quote:
I won't argue...but i want Luongo. The need for a goalie upgrade is emmence. So, when i look at what Van needs, Lupul seems to fit best. We have an abundance of wingers so it seems like the one area we can deal from. I like Lupul as well, but we don't have center depth...we don't have defensive depth...so i think it's either Lupul or JVR and i want to keep JVR.
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler JVR
Higgins Schroeder Kassian
Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

I'd take JVR.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler JVR
Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

I'd take JVR.
Burke won't trade JVR, he's been pursuing him for a while....now, if Gillis would have just taken Schenn for Luongo...then...

Old
11-29-2012, 10:18 AM
doorman

Quote:
Oh given a chioce I 100% agree. Thats why i said prefer to move neither lol, is it possible yes pending the price who knows?

Old
11-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Spazmatic Dan
Leafs Through Power

Quote:
JVR is not the winger Lupul is at this point.

Having Van Reimsdyk and MacArthur (also a soon to be UFA) as our top six left wingers is potential for disaster. Keep in mind Van Reimsdyk is still relatively unproven at this stage.

And yes, I would hope the Leafs re-sign him. Not sure on term or money, but he is our best winger next to Kessel. Its a risk of course but what isn't?

Old
11-29-2012, 10:28 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by weak5holeguy View Post
No from the Leafs.

Mac and a 2nd for Lu.
Canucks don't do either deal actually. Not even close.

11-29-2012, 10:36 AM
TOGuy14

I wouldn't move either JVR or Lupul for Luongo.

Lupul has shown fantastic chemistry with Kessel in his time here, and I would like to keep it that way. A lot of people make a big deal out of his "one good season" but it isn't as if he is some 5th round draft pick who flared up once. He was a 7th overall draft pick with a pedigree good enough to be included in Pronger deals when he was younger. He has always been a decent contributor (.62 PPG average), he has just had injury troubles over the past couple years, and not given the appropriate ice time.

JVR is the ideal second line LW in my mind. He is exactly what we could use with Grabo and Kule.

MacA is expendable between the three, but that's it in my book.

I like Kulemin because he is able to play the RW for us to help with lineups too.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler JVR
Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

I'd take JVR.
Quote:
Burke won't trade JVR, he's been pursuing him for a while....now, if Gillis would have just taken Schenn for Luongo...then...
Agreed. JVR won't be moved.

A deal around Lupul would make sense, but because he is a UFA we really only get him for ~50 games (assuming there's a season). Toronto is going to have to add to him, and that may be the sticking point. Personally, I'd ask for Lupul and either a 1st or Kadri. How would Leaf fans feel about that?

Old
11-29-2012, 10:50 AM
DougGilmour93

Lupul isn't going anywhere, he may be an upcoming FA but will most likely resign do to his loving the lime light in TO, his 1st line icetime, and his chemistry with Kessel.

Closed Thread