HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 11:32 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Could Rick's group use walkers to their advantage?? Have Michonne do her nasty thing again with the WALKER GOO all over her, get a group of walkers to follow her and attack while the guards are distracted by alll the walkers
Now that would be good. We already know she gets in there based on the previews.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:34 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Because you obviously can't. Not to mention your point about random gun shots going off was idiotic.
They showed similar scenes twice already.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:36 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
They showed similar scenes twice already.
Gun battle with automatic weapons. It's a tad different. I don't see how your point makes any sense here. You would also think with the Governor's paranoia and the time to build these walls, they have some kind of alarm/emergency protocol. The governor is already nervous about their group.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Well, it definitely looks like they take the stealth approach, which I agree would make the only sense. You go in there guns blazing and the guards on the wall, no matter how bad of a shot or inexperienced they are, are going to take some of Rick's group out.

I'm sure this has already been hashed and rehashed so forgive me if I'm repeating;

1) Oscar asking Rick if he thinks Michonne's leading them into a trap at which point Rick holds her at gunpoint. I hope this is before they enter Woodbury because it would be a little silly to ponder that question once you're already inside of the walls. It also insinuates, at least to me that she does share points of interest and/or a general layout of the community.

2) Michonne definitely mentions Merle before they sneak in. If there is no Daryl/Merle confrontation I'll be disappointed. Looks like Woodbury is also throwing another one of their nightly walker fighting extravaganzas or something like that. Oscar and someone with him are shown sneaking behind a ring where a decent sized congregation (relative to the population of Woodbury) have gathered.

3) Before the shooting begins, Rick already has an automatic weapon so this leads me to assume they stealthily take out the guards on the wall first. Also, the smoke grenades thrown; I don't remember Rick's group having that type of equipment but I assume they either came from the prison armory or off of the dead Woodbury people they incapacitate. Either way, it's nice to see they've come in with a plan of attack.

4) Also, is it just me that wants to see a Michonne/Andrea confrontation?

Watch out for the spoilers out there on the net. I already had a character death spoiled for me in the episode next week and I'm not happy about it.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:14 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

^ Daryl is carrying an automatic weapon already.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
^ Daryl is carrying an automatic weapon already.
lol... I completely missed that.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:02 PM
me123456789

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I remember in the 1st episode of the season rick and co were looking at a map showing different hoards in the area.

One of the group I forget who mentions some of the hoards forming together to make a "super hoard".

Anyone else think this "super hoard" might play in the demise of Woodbury... perhaps this Sunday!

Old
11-30-2012, 02:52 AM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by me123456789 View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I remember in the 1st episode of the season rick and co were looking at a map showing different hoards in the area.

One of the group I forget who mentions some of the hoards forming together to make a "super hoard".

Anyone else think this "super hoard" might play in the demise of Woodbury... perhaps this Sunday!
I'm thinking it could be saved for the second half of the season. Either Woodbury or the prison. IF enough of those walkers press up against a section of the prison wall, that could cause the outer wall to collapse. Would only be a matter of time before the inner walls collapse as well.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Glen has evolved alot since he froze up. I only see him as a shade lower than Rick and Darryl now. The nerdiness aspect is quickly disappearing.

The prison is the place where you expect alot of casualties. They barely left anyone there to defend, and only Carl seems like the guy who can somewhat fend them off. The teaser seems to show that the prison turns into a madhouse, and without Darryl/Rick, it only makes sense that they have some serious casualties there.

As for the group going to the governer's spot, I wouldn;t be surprised if they all survive the trip, even if that means a hostage or two.. Merele (sp) is the guy who I think will die off in this battle. First of all, the governer is not going to trust him because he said that black girl was dead. Secondly, if Merele has any soft spot for anyone, it has to be Darryl. If Merele has to choose between pleasing his bro or the governer, he's going to take Darryl. Either way, I cant see Merele coming out alive.

I guess that Axel, and Beth die for sure. I'm undecided on Herschel, but you would figure that it would be a stretch for us to believe that he can survive in an overrun prison in his state. Carol will somehow survive, because I think Darryl needs her and it will be too much to lose both Carol and Merele for him.

There's so many possibilities here. They've set up a great mid season finale.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:28 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Glen has evolved alot since he froze up. I only see him as a shade lower than Rick and Darryl now. The nerdiness aspect is quickly disappearing.The prison is the place where you expect alot of casualties. They barely left anyone there to defend, and only Carl seems like the guy who can somewhat fend them off. The teaser seems to show that the prison turns into a madhouse, and without Darryl/Rick, it only makes sense that they have some serious casualties there.

As for the group going to the governer's spot, I wouldn;t be surprised if they all survive the trip, even if that means a hostage or two.. Merele (sp) is the guy who I think will die off in this battle. First of all, the governer is not going to trust him because he said that black girl was dead. Secondly, if Merele has any soft spot for anyone, it has to be Darryl. If Merele has to choose between pleasing his bro or the governer, he's going to take Darryl. Either way, I cant see Merele coming out alive.

I guess that Axel, and Beth die for sure. I'm undecided on Herschel, but you would figure that it would be a stretch for us to believe that he can survive in an overrun prison in his state. Carol will somehow survive, because I think Darryl needs her and it will be too much to lose both Carol and Merele for him.

There's so many possibilities here. They've set up a great mid season finale.
I always thought he was one of, if not the best character on the show, and one of the more realistic ones too. But last episode he legitimized himself in just a couple short scenes. It was bad ass.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:46 AM
southpaw24

Don't think Oscar is making it away from woodbury, also think that Daryl won't either but don't think he'll die. I think he'll get captured in the raid and then the gov will lock both daryl and merle up. The good thing about that is those two can tear **** up when the want.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I always thought he was one of, if not the best character on the show, and one of the more realistic ones too. But last episode he legitimized himself in just a couple short scenes. It was bad ass.
Wasn't the gunfight when Glenn froze up, the first time he was ever shot at in the show?

I know I would be less afraid to fight zombies than having to dodge bullets, so it's hard for me to blame him for freezing up that time.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:58 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Wasn't the gunfight when Glenn froze up, the first time he was ever shot at in the show?

I know I would be less afraid to fight zombies than having to dodge bullets, so it's hard for me to blame him for freezing up that time.
I think it was the first time he ever even had a gun pointed at him, so yeah I can definitely see a guy freezing up in fear. It's just another one of those little things that make his character the most realistic on the show.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:14 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
So is the Governor going to be a recurring character throughout the series? Or do we think he's done after this season?

It's just pain.
Old
11-30-2012, 09:27 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I think it was the first time he ever even had a gun pointed at him, so yeah I can definitely see a guy freezing up in fear. It's just another one of those little things that make his character the most realistic on the show.
Glenn was kidnapped in the city during season 1, by the gangsters running the nursing home.

He was not shot at, but he had guns pointed at him.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
So is the Governor going to be a recurring character throughout the series? Or do we think he's done after this season?
I hope he dies here soon. I don't hate his character like I'm supposed to, but he's just so boring.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:58 AM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Glenn was kidnapped in the city during season 1, by the gangsters running the nursing home.

Good call. I always forget about the Vatos. He froze up then too, although not nearly as much as when he did with live fire.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:07 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
I hope he dies here soon. I don't hate his character like I'm supposed to, but he's just so boring.
Yeah I find him pretty uninteresting, and honestly, contrived. I hope he's dead Sunday, but I figure he's at least around through the end of this season.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:

Ya I thought of that as I wrote my post, but they never shot at him.

I doubt much can compare to the fear you feel when live bullets are zipping past your skull, including zombies.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:49 AM
TheBeastCoast

vCash: 893
Quote:
Yeah I find him pretty uninteresting, and honestly, contrived. I hope he's dead Sunday, but I figure he's at least around through the end of this season.
The prison storyline is supposed to go into S4 so that almost guarentee's that the Govenorwon't die in S3. I haven't really liked the Govenor so far either but I have a feeling that will change once the two groups go to war.....Gonna be awesome.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Shadowtron

I dunno how he'll play out in the show, but in the comics, The Governor was an absolute monster of a human being. Hell of on earth type of guy.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:12 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I dunno how he'll play out in the show, but in the comics, The Governor was an absolute monster of a human being. Hell of on earth type of guy.
They're starting to get there in the show, but it hasn't really come out yet and I don't know if it ever will.

I don't think he's going to be killed off any time soon either. He's hands down the best antagonist the show has had since Merle in the first couple episodes.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
My guess is the Woodbury storyline ends this season (next half season), but I think that they could stretch it out over this season and next (full) season season if they felt compelled. They seem to be moving the storyline quicker now though, but I personally wouldve liked to have seen two seasons with them in the prison.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

As Secord92 mentioned, the Prison storyline is planned for S3 and S4.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Yeah, I've been a little disappointed about his lack of evilness in the TV show. There are times when it almost seems like he's the good guy around Woodburry, even with the obvious mental problems he's got going on. The TV show makes him a much deeper character (mostly due to them having an hour each episode, rather than the comics which you can read an issue in 10 minutes), so I'll give them that, but they just haven't done enough to make him the despicable character who has you wanting to go onto the show and strangle him with your own hands. It's a shame too, because the actor playing him is just incredible, and he would have no problem pulling it off.

Then again, there is still lots of time to go to develop the Gov, I'm just hoping they can pull it off, because I'm starting to get a little worried. I just can't see them making this Governor as vile as the guy who (comic spoiler)
Spoil:
Cuts off Rick's hand, beats his zombie daughter to blow off steam, tries to feed the group for walkers just because he can, repeatedly ***** and tortures Michone, and holds a full-out assault on a prison just because he wants it

Last edited by Diamondillium: 11-30-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Closed Thread