HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 02:41 AM
whiplash

vCash: 500
I'm done. I'm finished. Fire Gailey into the sun. Sacrifice Fitz to all the gods, old and new. Sell the team. Move it to ****ing LA. ****ing ****ing ****ing ridiculous. So embarrassing.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:47 AM
MayDay

I've been saying forever that the culture of failure with the Bills' starts at the top, and nothing meaningful is ever going to change until Ralph is gone.

And I'm just not going to care to much about this laughingstock of a "team" until the ownership changes. I just feel bad in the meantime for all the fans who pour their heart and soul into such a hopeless cause and allow themselves to get their hopes up year in and year out. It's the same every year, and I find it deeply sad. It'll be the same next year too. The Bills will make some move in the offseason that will have all the fans and talk radio predicting 10-6 and a playoff berth. Guys, it's just not going to happen as long as old man Ralph is running things.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
That's BS to go after Buddy Nix for this. Gailey has had the personnel to win at least 2 of the losses we have incurred (I won't count the game today because our line was decimated). Nix has brought in Gilmore, Glenn, Dareus, and a plethora of solid role players in the draft while also making us a team who can spend in the free agency.
Nix has also brought in Gailey and so far has no plan to remove him. His job isn't only about the roster, he's responsible for the coaching staff as well. If he doesn't want to remove Chan, he needs to go with him.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:57 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Not related to the game on the field, but MAN I was shocked at the volume of ******** and lowlifes in the upper deck yesterday. It's been a few years since I sat up there, and MAN was it terrible.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Not related to the game on the field, but MAN I was shocked at the volume of ******** and lowlifes in the upper deck yesterday. It's been a few years since I sat up there, and MAN was it terrible.
The 300s are a rough section to sit in. Everyone has been tailgating all morning. They're beyond drunk. If you're sober, you'll hate it. You just have to understand that it's part of buffalo bills culture to get completely hammered and talk crap.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:32 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
The 300s are a rough section to sit in. Everyone has been tailgating all morning. They're beyond drunk. If you're sober, you'll hate it. You just have to understand that it's part of buffalo bills culture to get completely hammered and talk crap.
I've been going to Bills games since I was a kid. Almost 20 years now since my first. Have spent a lot of time up there. Never was it that bad IMO.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Listening to Leslie Frazier on Jim Rome today where he said he builds around the best RB in football AP and give him the ball as much as possible makes me furious. If we had even a mediocre coach instead of a ****ing terrible one we would be minimum 8-5, because we would give CJ the ball 20+ times. CJ has HoF potential, read the 8 HoF RBs article in TBN where they proclaim CJs talent and potential greatness.... Too bad he is already turning 26 next season and will have about 3-4 prime years left.

And if Chan Gailey is the coach next year I'm done. The moron is 15-30 in three season and every fan hates him. The piece of garbage should just resign.No one wants him here.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
And unsurprisingly, Spiller isn't happy about his lack of carries: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Old
12-10-2012, 12:59 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Listening to Leslie Frazier on Jim Rome today where he said he builds around the best RB in football AP and give him the ball as much as possible makes me furious. If we had even a mediocre coach instead of a ****ing terrible one we would be minimum 8-5, because we would give CJ the ball 20+ times. CJ has HoF potential, read the 8 HoF RBs article in TBN where they proclaim CJs talent and potential greatness.... Too bad he is already turning 26 next season and will have about 3-4 prime years left.

And if Chan Gailey is the coach next year I'm done. The moron is 15-30 in three season and every fan hates him. The piece of garbage should just resign.No one wants him here.
Yet the Vikings aren't really any better. Both are around .500 or so by seasons end.

I can get being mad at Chan...but Ralph is the ultimate guy to be mad at.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
I've been saying forever that the culture of failure with the Bills' starts at the top, and nothing meaningful is ever going to change until Ralph is gone.

And I'm just not going to care to much about this laughingstock of a "team" until the ownership changes. I just feel bad in the meantime for all the fans who pour their heart and soul into such a hopeless cause and allow themselves to get their hopes up year in and year out. It's the same every year, and I find it deeply sad. It'll be the same next year too. The Bills will make some move in the offseason that will have all the fans and talk radio predicting 10-6 and a playoff berth. Guys, it's just not going to happen as long as old man Ralph is running things.
Who says the old man won't croak this offsason?

Old
12-10-2012, 01:06 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I'm done. I'm finished. Fire Gailey into the sun. Sacrifice Fitz to all the gods, old and new. Sell the team. Move it to ****ing LA. ****ing ****ing ****ing ridiculous. So embarrassing.
Yesterday changed my thinking. Fitz and Gailey should NOT be lumped together, and QB W-L records are garbage. Gailey left Fitz hung out to dry yesterday. I mean 7 touches for spiller? LOL....WHAT?!

Old
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Yet the Vikings aren't really any better. Both are around .500 or so by seasons end.

The Vikings have no business being near .500 with the (lack) of talent they have other than AP. If Gailey was calling plays for them the way he does here, they'd have 2 wins maybe...

Old
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Who says the old man won't croak this offsason?
Ralph will die 2 days after the fiscal cliff and the return of the 50% estate tax, and the team will be broken up and sold off.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:

Huh? Bills are 5-8. Vikings are 7-6 and just beat the Bears. They are way better then the Bills.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:51 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Huh? Bills are 5-8. Vikings are 7-6 and just beat the Bears. They are way better then the Bills.
Talent wise they are not.

They appear to be much better coached. They actually give their star running back a lot of caries and minimize the roll their mediocre QB plays.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Talent wise they are not.

They appear to be much better coached. They actually give their star running back a lot of caries and minimize the roll their mediocre QB plays.
The Bills aren't that talented. If they were they would have won the Rams and Titans game, even with piss poor coaching. The whole franchise sucks here. Bad ownership, bad management, bad coaching and mediocre players. Aside from Stevie, Mario,Kyle, Spiller, Byrd, Levitre, Wood and Dareus the team is real bad.There are maybe 10 players on the whole team I'd consider "good".

Old
12-10-2012, 03:11 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
The Bills aren't that talented. If they were they would have won the Rams and Titans game, even with piss poor coaching. The whole franchise sucks here. Bad ownership, bad management, bad coaching and mediocre players. Aside from Stevie, Mario,Kyle, Spiller, Byrd, Levitre, Wood and Dareus the team is real bad.There are maybe 10 players on the whole team I'd consider "good".
Neither are the Vikings. Look at their roster. They're actually very similar to the bills.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:32 PM
dotcommunism

Quote:
I've been going to Bills games since I was a kid. Almost 20 years now since my first. Have spent a lot of time up there. Never was it that bad IMO.
The whole awful macho drinking culture at Bills games is self-reinforcing. So long as the league or team don't do anything to try to stop it, and they don't because it makes them money, it will continue to drive away people who just want to go to a football game without dealing with that ********.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:48 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcommunism View Post
The whole awful macho drinking culture at Bills games is self-reinforcing. So long as the league or team don't do anything to try to stop it, and they don't because it makes them money, it will continue to drive away people who just want to go to a football game without dealing with that ********.
Yeah, I will never go to a bills game in the 300's ever again. I feel like I've just paid money to spend three hours in jail.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:01 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I'm at a point where I'd rather sit in the family section and not drink any beer at all rather than deal with some of the morons in that place.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:15 PM
johnjm22

The 49ers did absolutely NOTHING for 8 years until Harbaugh got there.

Tom Coughlin took over an expansion team, and had them in the AFC championship game the next season.

A great coach can make a HUGE difference. The Bills do have a reasonable amount of talent (Byrd, Gilmore, K. Williams, Dareus, M. Williams, Stevie, Spiller, Chandler, Wood, Glenn, Levitre) but the coach isn't getting the most out of it.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:27 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
About 10-15 seats from me saw a guy finish his nachos and just dump the "empty" tray (obviously still had cheese stuffs on it) down a few rows onto people below him.

I mean, yeah, there's an element of drunkenness there, but that's just plain d-baggery. And that was while the Bills were still winning

And punting in that situation is, yet again, a fire-able offense. Mind-blowingly bad. I don't blame him too much for not running the ball (the Rams d stopped the running game pretty good for much of the game, particularly between the tackles), but he's gotta find a way to get Spiller the ball more regardless, whether it's splitting him out more or just running more outside running plays.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Ralph will die 2 days after the fiscal cliff and the return of the 50% estate tax, and the team will be broken up and sold off.
Not good.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:43 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Tsalent doesn't always win, if it did the NYY would win the WS every year.

They have a lot of talent, it's just the drunk coach can't execute it. 5-8 is terrible but it's decieving. They could be 10-3 right now. If the D was playing like it is against Tennessee that games a romp. Samething with NE #2. Gailey left Fitz hung out to dry yesterday and in Houston. Indy was a game they were in and AGAIN that moron Gailey left out Spiller in the 4th.

I think the D has become what it was supposed to be. Now, if only Chan became COMPETENT.

This team is a coach away from being good.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Surprisingly, there's still quite a few ways the Bills can make the playoffs (though they'd have to win all of their remaining games to make all of this relevant):

Quote:
Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- Okay, so the Buffalo Bills loss on Sunday to the St. Louis Rams all but mathematically did the franchise in for their playoff hopes in 2012, right?

To a certain degree, probably, yes. But if things fall their way and no other team does better than 8-8, the Bills somehow still have a shot.

The Bills would have to win out the remainder of their games (which is unlikely) and then hope for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals to finish the season 1-2, and the New York Jets not to go 3-0. For the purposes of this explanation, we're assuming that all of that (which probably won't happen) happens and the final playoff team in the AFC that makes it in ends up with an 8-8 record.

That clinches the playoff spots of both Indianapolis, Baltimore and New England, so let's not go there.

At this point, there are six teams in the AFC that can end up with an 8-8 record. The list includes Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, San Diego, Cleveland and the New York Jets.

Miami, although having a 5-8 record, is ruled out because of the perceived loss to the Bills in Week 16.

With the help of one of my favorite things in existence, ESPN.com's 2012 NFL Playoff Machine, I have taken on the task to find out what happens with EVERY single 8-8 scenario. The results I have found might be a little shocking to head coach Chan Gailey, who said that the playoffs are out of the picture on WGR Sports Radio 550 on Monday.

There are some important things to note:

1) I'm abiding by the laws of wins and losses. The percentages of there being another tie in this NFL season with one of the games important to this discussion is so small that I didn't account for them. Also, my mind would have exploded.

2) Pittsburgh, Cincinnati or both have to be in each of the 8-8 scenarios, based on their Week 16 matchup.

3) The New York Jets and San Diego Chargers cannot be in the same 8-8 scenario, based on the Jets' perceived loss to Buffalo along with the Week 16 matchup between the Jets and Chargers.

With that established, I've broken it down in to who gets in to the playoffs (based on the ESPN.com 2012 NFL Playoff Machine) in two-team, three-team, four-team, and five-team ties.

Here are my findings:

Two-Team Ties
Buffalo and Pittsburgh: Buffalo gets in
- Pittsburgh beats Cincinnati but loses to Dallas and Cleveland

Buffalo and Cincinnati: Buffalo gets in
- Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh but loses to Philadelphia and Baltimore

Three-Team Ties
Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati: Buffalo gets in
- Either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati beat the other and loses their other two games
- It doesn't matter which game is won of the CIN/PIT loser's remaining schedule.

Buffalo, Pittsburgh and New York Jets: Buffalo gets in
- Pittsburgh beats Cincinnati and loses other two
- New York loses to Buffalo and win other two

Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland: Buffalo gets in
- Cleveland wins all three of their games

Buffalo, Pittsburgh and San Diego: San Diego gets in
- San Diego wins all three of their games

Buffalo, Cincinnati and New York Jets: Buffalo gets in
- Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh and loses other two
- New York loses to Buffalo and win other two

Buffalo, Cincinnati and Cleveland: Buffalo gets in

Buffalo, Cincinnati and San Diego: San Diego gets in

Four-Team Ties
Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Cleveland: Buffalo gets in
- Either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati beat the other and loses their other two games
- It doesn't matter which game is won of the CIN/PIT loser's remaining schedule.

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and New York Jets: Buffalo gets in
- New York loses to Buffalo but wins their other two

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and San Diego: San Diego gets in

Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland and New York Jets: Buffalo gets in

Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland and San Diego: Cleveland gets in

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and New York Jets: Buffalo gets in

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and San Diego: Cleveland gets in

Five-Team Ties
Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland and New York Jets: Buffalo gets in

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland and San Diego: Cleveland gets in

Six-Team Ties
- Not possible, due to the perceived Jets loss to Buffalo and the Jets/Chargers Week 16 matchup

So there you have it. I took the brain-hurt out of it. Of course, this is all moot if the Bills lose one more game which would officially eliminate them from the post-season. However, this is a helpful guide for the rest of the season.
http://wgr550.com/Buscaglia--In-8-8-...-at-p/14997145

It's certainly an uphill climb, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Closed Thread