HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 10:43 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Yeah, Kiper is an *******. McShay is tolerable, but he has his favorites.

Lotulelei is definitely a top prospect, I can't imagine the Raiders passing on him. #1 isn't out of the question, but I can't see the Chiefs (who currently hold the spot) picking another DL. Raiders are right now at #3.
I don't see KC passing on Barkley or Geno Smith. It's obvious they need a QB

Old
12-13-2012, 10:45 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Well they both are but it's hard to predict how GM view people. Kiper has a lot of problems with QBs.... I mean you don't take anything he says about them (unless you got a guy like Luck that you know will be amazing). A couple years ago everyone had Panthers 1. Newton Broncos 2. Dareus Bills 3. Von Miller... wasn't exactly off but look how different the Bills and Broncos defenses are because of that.

Right now I see Keenan Allen, Matt Barkley and DEs being drafted for the Bills. I throw out any draft that has the Bills picking a DE in the first round. Barkley is too high at 11-12.... unless the Bills trade down. LB or Allen or this draft may be a massive disappointment
Von Miller. Oh man, I wonder if williams or Anderson would have still been sought though? Dareus has disapponted somewhat.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:49 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Anybody watch this sad display of Football? Man the Bungaloes offense stinks! Outside of Green(when he gets the ball) But it twas a Philadelphia turnover party.

Just for kicks...TRENT EDWARDS was the eagles backup QB. Thought he was long outta the league.

So no matter what...if the Steelers win Sunday the playoffs are dead. Otherwise it will come down to Week 17 and hoping the Clowns and Ravens can win(yes I assume Pitt will win next weeks game) Bills would win tiebreaker over Steelers via conference record and I think they have it on Cincy regardless.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Otherwise it will come down to Week 17 and hoping the Clowns and Ravens can win(yes I assume Pitt will win next weeks game) Bills would win tiebreaker over Steelers via conference record and I think they have it on Cincy regardless.
Moot point if the Bills don't beat both Seattle and Miami beforehand.

Old
12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Moot point if the Bills don't beat both Seattle and Miami beforehand.
EDIT

Never mind.

Last edited by jflory81: 12-14-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old
12-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Zip15

Sounds like Nix is considering making a move up the board to get that young QB. One has to question if this is the year to do that--probably a year late, Buddy.

Quote:
After saying he needed to draft a franchise quarterback, and then circling back and saying he might not, he threw another log on the fire Friday morning, a bigger one at that.

Not only do the Bills need to draft one, he said during his weekly radio show, they might have to trade up to do so.

“Let me say this: I think there’s a time that in the era that you’re in and the development of your team, there’s a time when you can move up a round to take a quarterback,” Nix said on WGR, unsolicited (via Tim Graham of the Buffalo News). “And I think the time’s now for us.

“I mean, if a guy’s there — I keep saying that, and there’ll be one out there — if the guy’s there, then I think we’ll target — as I’ve said before — drafting a good quarterback. We need a good, young quarterback, and we’re going to do our best to get him.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-up-for-a-qb/

Old
12-14-2012, 09:08 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but are there only 2 QBs expected to go in the first round? I though I read this isnt a great year for QBs

Old
12-14-2012, 09:12 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Sounds like Nix is considering making a move up the board to get that young QB. One has to question if this is the year to do that--probably a year late, Buddy.

Take what he says with a grain of salt...remember this is the guy who was spreading "Glenn is not a tackle" rumors last year to ensure Glenn fell to the Bills in round 2

He could be talking about getting into the late 1st to take a guy like Glennon. Or even trading from the 4th to the 3rd round...

Nix is a straight shooter, but he has tricks up his sleeves. I guess it all depends on how high you have the QB, you gotta figure Chiefs/Cardinals will both be in the market for a QB./

Old
12-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

My interpretation of his comments are that they want someone other than Geno Smith with their first pick. He makes this public statement, most assume he means trade up for Smith, it scares another team into trading up ahead of them to grab Smith and maybe allowing the guy the Bills actually want to slip.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:46 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:

I don't think last year was right for it either, unless you were willing to pay STL through the nose.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:27 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
I don't think last year was right for it either, unless you were willing to pay STL through the nose.
So far it looks like it was worth it.

In all honesty, how good is Washington, really? That team isn't all that talented. They just have a star QB who makes the entire offense works and an average defense. Pierre Garcon and Santana Moss aren't exactly a stud WR group, and their running back is just another guy.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
How was last year not the right year for it? Two of the best QB's we've seen drafted at the top of the draft in the last decade came out of that draft.

Knowing what we know now, I would've given up what Washington gave up in a heartbeat for RGIII. Granted, at the time I was skeptical.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
you dont think RG3 was worth it? I do...

That franchise looks to be in good shape for the next decade with him.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:05 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
you dont think RG3 was worth it? I do...

That franchise looks to be in good shape for the next decade with him.
No it doesn't. RG3 is an amazing QB but don't think he's exactly proven his worth yet.... he's been injured twice this season.... just seems like he'll be an injury prone player.

That Redskin defense looks bad and there is almost no way to fix it. Plus the O-Line isn't good at all

Old
12-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

I'd give 5 1sts for RG3.

Bills need a franchise QB. If Flacco makes it to FA sign him at all costs. Hell even if he is franchised I would gladly give the Ravens 2 1sts for him.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I'd give 5 1sts for RG3.

Bills need a franchise QB. If Flacco makes it to FA sign him at all costs. Hell even if he is franchised I would gladly give the Ravens 2 1sts for him.
Bad idea. Take it from a Baltimorean who's been here for all but the first month of his rookie season. He's a middle-of-the-pack QB who you'd be paying top-5 money. Not worth it.

(Moot, however, because Baltimore has to re-sign him.)

Old
12-14-2012, 10:21 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Bad idea. Take it from a Baltimorean who's been here for all but the first month of his rookie season. He's a middle-of-the-pack QB who you'd be paying top-5 money. Not worth it.

(Moot, however, because Baltimore has to re-sign him.)
Agreed Flacco isn't much better then what we already have. Paying him big money would be a mistake.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
So no matter what...if the Steelers win Sunday the playoffs are dead.

Sorry, couldn't resist

The greater point is, this team is lacking in QB. It's lacking in coaching. It's lacking in ownership. It's just... lacking.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
No it doesn't. RG3 is an amazing QB but don't think he's exactly proven his worth yet.... he's been injured twice this season.... just seems like he'll be an injury prone player.

That Redskin defense looks bad and there is almost no way to fix it. Plus the O-Line isn't good at all
The Skins defense IS bad with the exception of London Fletcher-Baker-Candlestick-Maker and Ryan Kerrigan.

RG3 is a generational talent. So he's been injured twice. I don't watch the films of him in the MRI machine, I watch the films of him on the field, and on the field, he's a g**damn revelation.

Old
12-15-2012, 01:06 AM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
I've said here before that I think Griffin won't hold up over the course of his career. That he doesn't have the body for an NFL starting qb. He's done well when he has played but so did Newton last year. Come back to me when he's done more.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:58 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
The Skins defense IS bad with the exception of London Fletcher-Baker-Candlestick-Maker and Ryan Kerrigan.

RG3 is a generational talent. So he's been injured twice. I don't watch the films of him in the MRI machine, I watch the films of him on the field, and on the field, he's a g**damn revelation.
Orakpo too.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:06 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Would have done it last year Buddy. Griffin? Oh man that guys so good. I do worry about his boldy holding up but thats not an immediate concern.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:08 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Agreed Flacco isn't much better then what we already have. Paying him big money would be a mistake.
Flacco is actually worse than Fitz. The only thing he can do is throw deep, yet he wouldn't be an upgrade if you looked at some of his stats, which is disappointing because Fitz's arm isn't as strong.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:12 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist

The greater point is, this team is lacking in QB. It's lacking in coaching. It's lacking in ownership. It's just... lacking.
I disagree to a point. Doing some analyzing of this team I think you could argue they should be a 9 or 10 win team. If only Gailey wasn't so clueless when it matters. That in turn is on the GM. Which in turn is on the owner. I agree with 75% but I do think Fitz and this team could win if the HC doesn't oh I don't know....abandoned Spiller when the game is close in the 2nd half(Gailey has done that in 3 games the 2nd half of this season)

Old
12-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Flacco is actually worse than Fitz. The only thing he can do is throw deep, yet he wouldn't be an upgrade if you looked at some of his stats, which is disappointing because Fitz's arm isn't as strong.

Flacco is infinitely better then Fitz.After this year it will be 4 straight seasons of 3600+ yards, 20+ TDs and under 12 ints for Flacco. Fitz is 3 years older and has 3500 less passing yards and 9 less TDs then Flacco. Flacco has 98-55 TD / Int. Fitz 89-78. Flacco has won playoff games.Fitz is a bottom 5 QB. Flacco is a top 15 QB hands down if not better.Flacco is easily worth 2 1sts and is a proven winner. Flacco is the only QB to make playoffs last 4 seasons but your right Fitz is better

Closed Thread