HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Clown Baby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry, most teams that are losing by multiple touchdowns and have moved the ball effectively through the air will just keep running because it is their strength (psst, one of their two touchdowns was a pass)?
Here comes the passes, Mergus.

Spiller is now averaging more YPC than Fitzpatrick averages passing attempt, today.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
BowieSabresFan

So, is there a football game on right now? I've been busy doing chores around the house...

Old
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
Ha, and they complain about the replacement refs.

In what world is that a TD? His foot came down 3 feet out of bounds!
Refs whenever they aren't sure or if they think it might be close are calling it a turnover or TD because those are automatically reviewed. It's basically them covering their ass, and has nothing to do with whether they actually thought it was a TD. Catch near the boundaries = just call it a TD and let replay sort it out.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:58 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Cordy Glenn has been especially awful today.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:59 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Martin has been blowing plays all year.

Old
12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
When does hockey season start? Oh wait...

Old
12-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Chan takes out Fitz and not Spiller? Does he just not like CJ or something?

Old
12-16-2012, 06:14 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Chan takes out Fitz and not Spiller? Does he just not like CJ or something?
Choice got hurt on the first play on that posession. I think we were down to two backs, and Dickerson's more of a fullback.

Old
12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Shocking news of the day: Lynch is a better running back than Jackson or Spiller but didn't get a fair chance in Buffalo because of awful coaching. The whole coaching staff needs to be gone this offseason. Gailey is out of touch. If Andy Reid is available the bills should open the check book.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Did Charlie Chan finally earn that pink slip?

The frustrating thing is the last 2 weks the steelers have lost, they will probably beat Cincy next Sunday.

I guess now you have to hope the bills lose the final 2 but knowing them they will win.

I just have no idea what happened to the D. Second time all 2nd half they have given up 20 or more.(21 to Houston) I did not see them stinking up the joint that badly.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Yeah Fitz is good !
Yeah Flacco is good!

Old
12-16-2012, 07:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
T.J Graham needs to go to the bench and play catch
He dropped 2 big catches today, not sorry that much anymore that he isnt utilized much. Until he learns to catch today.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
It doesn't matter if Flacco is better/worse than what we have...he might not be the guy to get this team to the SB. Would rather take a chance on an unknown with more potential, even if also possible to be worse than Flacco.
This team couldn't even win it all with bBady. Not as long as Charlie Chan is coaching.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Zip15

The Bills need to make changes, but if you guys think a head coach-QB combo of Reid-Flacco is going to lead you to the promised land, well...you're in for some real disappointment.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Yeah Flacco is good!
He is. I'm not the one who said Fitzpatrick is better then Joe Flacco you did. And your wrong.

The fact you think Fitzpatrick is better then any other starting QB is funny. Aside from the bums in Arizona, Fitz is the worst in the league. Yes, worse then Mark Sanchez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
The Bills need to make changes, but if you guys think a head coach-QB combo of Reid-Flacco is going to lead you to the promised land, well...you're in for some real disappointment.
Flacco-Reid is more then good enough to win 10 games and make the playoffs.That's all I'd ever hope for is just a single playoff game. And I do not want to risk drafting a QB, I want a proven starter.

Last edited by Layne Staley: 12-16-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
He is. I'm not the one who said Fitzpatrick is better then Joe Flacco you did. And your wrong.

The fact you think Fitzpatrick is better then any other starting QB is funny. Aside from the bums in Arizona, Fitz is the worst in the league. Yes, worse then Mark Sanchez.

Flacco-Reid is more then good enough to win 10 games and make the playoffs.That's all I'd ever hope for is just a single playoff game. And I do not want to risk drafting a QB, I want a proven starter.
A little under-rating of Fitz and over rating of Flacco. Please don't think Flacco is some elite QB. He has a team thats reputation on defense alone makes him more of a conservative QB.... plus Rice is one of the best backs in the league (and has a coach that uses him).

If Gailey used Spiller to set up the Play-Action Fitz's numbers would be better..... but he doesn't.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Zip15

Quote:

I think Reid's time has come and gone in this league. He's 12-18 in the last two seasons--and needed a meaningless four-game win streak to close last season else it'd be worse--with better talent than Buffalo has. He is THE worst clock manager in the NFL. And it is the height of irony that 60% of the gameday posts here consist of bemoaning Spiller's lack of touches, and yet Andy Reid, someone who's lambasted by the Philly media for not utilizing Shady McCoy properly, is being mentioned around these parts as a desirable candidate.

The Bills can resurrect Vince Lombardi, and get Joe Montana in his prime, and it still won't mean a damned thing until you guys figure out how to stop the run: 26th or worse in 8 of the last 9 seasons.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I think Reid's time has come and gone in this league. He's 12-18 in the last two seasons--and needed a meaningless four-game win streak to close last season else it'd be worse--with better talent than Buffalo has. He is THE worst clock manager in the NFL. And it is the height of irony that 60% of the gameday posts here consist of bemoaning Spiller's lack of touches, and yet Andy Reid, someone who's lambasted by the Philly media for not utilizing Shady McCoy properly, is being mentioned around these parts as a desirable candidate.

The Bills can resurrect Vince Lombardi, and get Joe Montana in his prime, and it still won't mean a damned thing until you guys figure out how to stop the run: 26th or worse in 8 of the last 9 seasons.
Agreed. Also I think Reid should take a year off from football before trying to get back in the game.

I've been intrigued by Hue Jackson for a while. That's a guy who commits to running (see: McFadden, Darren and Bush, Michael), and is definitely an emotional guy. He got a team with Jason Campbell and later a rusty Carson Palmer to 8-8, then got sacked because the new GM wanted his own guy. I think he would be a welcome change of pace from the coaches we've had.

Old
12-16-2012, 10:30 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
Shocking news of the day: Lynch is a better running back than Jackson or Spiller but didn't get a fair chance in Buffalo because of awful coaching. The whole coaching staff needs to be gone this offseason. Gailey is out of touch. If Andy Reid is available the bills should open the check book.
Spiller is a better running back than Lynch. If Spiller had as many carries as Lynch he'd have about 200 more yards. Not to mention Spiller is a much bigger threat in the passing game. Lynch was the master of dropping simple screen passes.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Spiller is a better running back than Lynch. If Spiller had as many carries as Lynch he'd have about 200 more yards. Not to mention Spiller is a much bigger threat in the passing game. Lynch was the master of dropping simple screen passes.
I wouldn't say Lynch left town due to the coaching but his douchebaggery attitude and immaturity. He took the Travis Henry mentorship to an entirely new level.

Personally, I think Spiller is a more dynamic running back but I'd rather Lynch. Until Spiller shows he can consistently break tackles or pass block he's pretty much a one trick pony. At least this season he's not continually trying to bounce the play outside but still has a tendency to go down faster than a two-bit hoe during fleet week.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:15 PM
MyersMagic57*

I'm really not going to be too hard on the Bills after this one. The Seahawks are really good right now, and I can see them making it to at least the NFC game, if not the Super Bowl

Old
12-16-2012, 11:18 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
I'm really not going to be too hard on the Bills after this one. The Seahawks are really good right now, and I can see them making it to at least the NFC game, if not the Super Bowl
Eh, Wannstedt once again had the defense showing up totally unprepared. They looked like they didn't even know who the starting Seahawks QB was, trying to play man coverage across the board then not even running a spy on him.

He's gotta be gone at the end of the day. It's obvious he doesn't do his homework.

Last edited by HockeyH3aven: 12-16-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old
12-16-2012, 11:38 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
You still shouldn't lose by 33 and give up 50....most of which came in the first 3 quarters.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:41 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Quote:
Just no. Lynch wasn't bad here, but it's pretty clear his heart was in the West Coast. Remember that 4th down play where he didn't fight for the first and after the game said he thought it was 3rd down?

That's going to get you run out of town anywhere, even putting the trangressions against the law aside.

And yeah, Lynch isn't clearly better than either Jackson or Spiller. They all have their strengths, but I'd take a properly utilized Jackson/Spiller combo over Lynch any day of the week.

Old
12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Just no. Lynch wasn't bad here, but it's pretty clear his heart was in the West Coast. Remember that 4th down play where he didn't fight for the first and after the game said he thought it was 3rd down?

That's going to get you run out of town anywhere, even putting the trangressions against the law aside.

And yeah, Lynch isn't clearly better than either Jackson or Spiller. They all have their strengths, but I'd take a properly utilized Jackson/Spiller combo over Lynch any day of the week.
I thought that was McGahee who didn't try for the first down. Do I have my backs mixed up?

Closed Thread