HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2012, 01:53 AM
dma0034

vCash: 500
It's kind of funny hearing people actually the problem with the Bills is Fitzpatrick. Yes there are better QBs in the league but the major problem is on the defensive side.

Flacco is getting vastly over-rated here. There is a reason why this team fired their O.C a week ago (because he tried to use Flacco more instead of Rice). He has a rocket arm but his decision making is terrible... TERRIBLE. And for all of you who question Fitz;s inability to come back in games look at Flacco! His team falls down by 2 scores and he starts trying to force passes.

Palmer is a lateral move. Ask any Raider fan and they'll tell you he does exactly what Fitz does ( Quite literally would be a joke to move Fitz out for Palmer)

Alex Smith did nothing NOTHING before the 49ers got JH as coach and loaded up the WRs. Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Davis as threats with Gore in the backfield? Yeah any QB could look good behind that.

Rivers and Vick are >potentially< better than Fitz. Rivers has had difficulty reading coverages lately and Vick is well Vick (everyone knows about him)

With the exception of Romo I don't see a vast improvement here or in the draft. Geno Smith has difficulty with coverage schemes. Barkley has questionable decision making and average arm. Wilson forces too many throws. Glennon has poor mechanics and poor footwork/mobility .... Pick your poison.

This team needs to built an offense and defense then draft a QB (therefore they can still get a high enough pick to get a good QB).

WR, LB, CB in the first three rounds.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:57 AM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

vCash: 325
The Twelve Days of Fitzmas

12th man’s a drinking
11 Drops from TJ
10 yards of arm strength
9 minutes on the Wonderlic
8 division losses
7 yards per attempt
6 year extension

5 WRs spread wide….

4 months of beard growth
3 downs and out
2 losing seasons
…and a Harvard bachelor’s degree.

was on BBMB ,lol

Old
12-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

vCash: 50
As much as I'd like to see a good QB behind center for the Bills, I think they can win with the average one they have if they play to their damn strengths next year. BPA at a position of need.

Old
12-21-2012, 03:25 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbe42 View Post
The Twelve Days of Fitzmas

12th man’s a drinking
11 Drops from TJ
10 yards of arm strength
9 minutes on the Wonderlic
8 division losses
7 yards per attempt
6 year extension

5 WRs spread wide….

4 months of beard growth
3 downs and out
2 losing seasons
…and a Harvard bachelor’s degree.

was on BBMB ,lol
Lol that ws funny..bu they need one on Gailey and Wilson!

Old
12-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
As much as I'd like to see a good QB behind center for the Bills, I think they can win with the average one they have if they play to their damn strengths next year. BPA at a position of need.
So do I. They should have 9 or 10 wns right now. The next coach realizes Spiller is the best player o the team they migh win some of those close 4th quarter games where the Dgives them a chance. I think based on the ret of the second half of the year Suday was a it of a fluke of sorts, hell, Marshawn didn't even have a field day.

Old
12-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
It's kind of funny hearing people actually the problem with the Bills is Fitzpatrick. Yes there are better QBs in the league but the major problem is on the defensive side.

Flacco is getting vastly over-rated here. There is a reason why this team fired their O.C a week ago (because he tried to use Flacco more instead of Rice). He has a rocket arm but his decision making is terrible... TERRIBLE. And for all of you who question Fitz;s inability to come back in games look at Flacco! His team falls down by 2 scores and he starts trying to force passes.

Palmer is a lateral move. Ask any Raider fan and they'll tell you he does exactly what Fitz does ( Quite literally would be a joke to move Fitz out for Palmer)

Alex Smith did nothing NOTHING before the 49ers got JH as coach and loaded up the WRs. Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Davis as threats with Gore in the backfield? Yeah any QB could look good behind that.

Rivers and Vick are >potentially< better than Fitz. Rivers has had difficulty reading coverages lately and Vick is well Vick (everyone knows about him)

With the exception of Romo I don't see a vast improvement here or in the draft. Geno Smith has difficulty with coverage schemes. Barkley has questionable decision making and average arm. Wilson forces too many throws. Glennon has poor mechanics and poor footwork/mobility .... Pick your poison.

This team needs to built an offense and defense then draft a QB (therefore they can still get a high enough pick to get a good QB).

WR, LB, CB in the first three rounds.
Gailey has done that 3 times to Fitz over Spiller in the 2nd half of the season.

Hes the head coach so replacng him isn't exactly worth it at this juncture.

Coaching and D have been the issues(though the 2nd half of the year the D has come alive, the coaching on te other hand...)

Old
12-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Oh, so Fitz should be blame less for turning the ball over on the last drive of the game? Especially when they are pathetic turnovers? Yes I am blaming Fitz for those games because the D gave him a chance to win those games at the end. If you can't produce a single 4th quarter come back all year then you deserve all the blame you can give.

And saying that it's Seattles defense and rushing game is why they are so good is a slap in the face to Russell Wilson. Wilson has 2x as many TDs as turnovers and has looked like a 10 year vet.

Look around the NFL, most teams are starting a QB in their early to mid 20s. Fitz is terrible and I will never back away from that opinion, he is horrible and makes our team worse. He is not a starter and will never win the Bills a playoff game, I'd bet anything on that.
The Titans and Patriots games deserve to go to the D. They couldn't make a stop all day. I'm not sure they forced a punt either game. They woke up Chris Johnson from the dead. Incredible 1st half. I'm not convinced if they run the ball and punt that they stop Tennessee. What about that 4th ad 9 the D blew? Pretty sure Wilson missed an easy pick that drive like in the Rams game. In the Patriots game Chan Gailey made a stupid call. Send a rookie with the game on the line to run a route hes never ran before. It's obvious there was some miscommunication as Graham ws nowhere near where Fitz expected.

Old
12-21-2012, 07:59 AM
La Cosa Nostra
TOMMY KARATE

Bills and County agree to 10 year lease

Old
12-21-2012, 08:11 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Bills and County agree to 10 year lease
Law of averages says that at least ONE of these 10 years should have a competitive team, right?

:p

If these facts are true, nice job by Cuomo getting this done. Huge poison pill if they try to leave.

Last edited by SackTastic: 12-21-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old
12-21-2012, 11:22 AM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

$400 million dollar penalty if the team leaves in the next 7 years. So we have them that long at least.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
$400 million dollar penalty if the team leaves in the next 7 years. So we have them that long at least.
Amazing news. Best news of the past decade I'd say.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:01 PM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

It looks like the deal guarantees the Bills are here 6 more years. In year 7 they can leave with no penalty. http://wgr550.com/Report--Bills--Eri...ease-/15094323

Old
12-21-2012, 12:04 PM
whiplash

That's 7 years to put together a viable team that will draw enough crowds to convince whoever buys the team to keep them around...

Old
12-21-2012, 12:14 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
It looks like the deal guarantees the Bills are here 6 more years. In year 7 they can leave with no penalty. http://wgr550.com/Report--Bills--Eri...ease-/15094323
Incorrect.

Years 1-7 : $400M penalty to leave.
Offseason of year 7 : Bills can buyout remaining 3 years of the lease for $29M
Years 7-10 : $400M penalty to leave.

They have one window of opportunity to leave. That coincides with the end of the current NFL CBA, so that explains why that's there. If they don't exercise their termination option, the $400M poison pill remains.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:18 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Incorrect.

Years 1-7 : $400M penalty to leave.
Offseason of year 7 : Bills can buyout remaining 3 years of the lease for $29M
Years 7-10 : $400M penalty to leave.

They have one window of opportunity to leave. That coincides with the end of the current NFL CBA, so that explains why that's there. If they don't exercise their termination option, the $400M poison pill remains.
I like it, I like it a lot.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Looks like that will pretty much make sure the Bills stay In Buffalo even after Ralph dies. Somehow I doubt he lives another 10 years, so the ownership is pretty much guaranteed to change while this lease is in effect.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:37 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

It's really a fair deal for all parties IMO.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
That's 7 years to put together a viable team that will draw enough crowds to convince whoever buys the team to keep them around...
You think Ralphie's living 7 more years?

Old
12-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

As usual I see some smoke and mirrors in the politicians statement.

But this is on the state taxpayers dime? Awful!

I don't think Mr. Cuomo has his priorities in order.

MORE RENOVATIONS?! That money should be saved for that Waterfrot idea. Forget updating Ralph's old dump of a "palace" that place has gotta go long term.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

http://wgr550.com/pages/15088379.php...entId=12055027

Old
12-21-2012, 01:44 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
As usual I see some smoke and mirrors in the politicians statement.

But this is on the state taxpayers dime? Awful!

I don't think Mr. Cuomo has his priorities in order.

MORE RENOVATIONS?! That money should be saved for that Waterfrot idea. Forget updating Ralph's old dump of a "palace" that place has gotta go long term.
NYS and Erie County will PROFIT from this deal. Get your facts in order.

10 years of NFL player salaries with a salary cap of $120M is $1.2B, at 7.5% avg tax rate = $90M. Or, almost all of the money that's being invested right there.

Once you factor in all the other employee and coach salaries, plus sales tax revenue from tickets, concessions, parking, merch, etc, they'll make money on the deal.

They're also doing the new stadium approach correctly. Getting ahead of the game 10 years in advance to see if it's fiscally viable to pull off.

Old
12-21-2012, 02:02 PM
missingmika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
NYS and Erie County will PROFIT from this deal. Get your facts in order.

10 years of NFL player salaries with a salary cap of $120M is $1.2B, at 7.5% avg tax rate = $90M. Or, almost all of the money that's being invested right there.

Once you factor in all the other employee and coach salaries, plus sales tax revenue from tickets, concessions, parking, merch, etc, they'll make money on the deal.

They're also doing the new stadium approach correctly. Getting ahead of the game 10 years in advance to see if it's fiscally viable to pull off.
Taxes don't work like that. Players pay taxes in the states they play their games. So, really only 7/16th of the salary would be taxes at NY + the other teams taxes (which when counting in part year income, and isn't as much as you are claiming).

Plus, you aren't factoring in any time value of money calculations into your thought process.

Old
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmika View Post
Taxes don't work like that. Players pay taxes in the states they play their games. So, really only 7/16th of the salary would be taxes at NY + the other teams taxes (which when counting in part year income, and isn't as much as you are claiming).

Plus, you aren't factoring in any time value of money calculations into your thought process.
100% wrong. Taxes are claimed in the state where salary is claimed. When I moved here from South Carolina I had to pay SC and NY taxes because I made income in both states... these players only making income from the state of NY

Old
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:

Good luck

Old
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:

This was quick napkin math.

You also aren't factoring in the fact that the salary cap will rise over the term, and won't stay at $120M, or the fact that many players will pay a rate of closer to 8.82%.

I ballparked it. If you do a deeper analysis of the numbers you'll get to the same place. This isn't a money losing deal. by any means.

Closed Thread