HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 500
The Bills signed RB Zach Brown, DE Corbin Bryant, DT Jarron Gilbert, OT Adam Grant and LB Brian Smith.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...c-49d793b5705c

Old
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Nibbler

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
The Bills signed RB Zach Brown, DE Corbin Bryant, DT Jarron Gilbert, OT Adam Grant and LB Brian Smith.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...c-49d793b5705c
Hmm, not quite what I was hoping for. Levitre and Byrd please...

Old
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
sabresfan129103

I wonder if they franchise Byrd of they can't get a deal done. They cannot lose him.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:30 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Yall know the next Ralph type of coach is MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER!

Old
12-31-2012, 04:31 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I wonder if they franchise Byrd of they can't get a deal done. They cannot lose him.
Depends on if they sign Levitre. He would be a cheaper tag.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:35 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I wouldn't mind Lovie Smith as HC. Proven winner with a good track record and always has top defenses. Love as HC, Te'o in round 1 then Bray/Wilson/Nassib in round 2 and we are on the right track.
Not a fan. The Bears D was solid before he arrived. He hasnt really won much in Chicago. He may have made the SB once but even so they got wrecked. Jauron even succeeded in Chicago to a degree or another. He's maybe gotten more out of Cutler than deserved, as Cutler is terrible, but I would rather him be the DC than head coach. The last 2 years his teams have choked.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:41 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Who have the Bills hired that was a retread? Williams, Mularkey and Gailey were all new head coaches. Jauron was a retread I suppose, but he never had a consistent winning record to begin with so it was a dumb hire from the start.
Gailey was a HC in Dallas a while back.

Also, no to Chip Kelly. He just reeks of college-to-pro bust...which of course means that's who we'll try to get.

Bill O'Brien is intriguing, but always weary of Belichick's coaching tree...none of them have ever panned out.

I expect Fewell and Rob Ryan will have great chances, since their teams are out of the playoffs so they can interview pretty much immediately (and Fewell can satisfy the Rooney Rule).

Old
12-31-2012, 05:05 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote:
Roc from Roc&Manuch‏@rocandmanuch

Hearing Russ Grimm to interview for bills job
This would just be another f u by Ralph to this region.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:12 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Sanchize needs to share who his distributor is because he's smoking something good:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...things-to-come

Also..."Polian not interested in Jets"

Old
12-31-2012, 05:18 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Not a fan. The Bears D was solid before he arrived. He hasnt really won much in Chicago. He may have made the SB once but even so they got wrecked. Jauron even succeeded in Chicago to a degree or another. He's maybe gotten more out of Cutler than deserved, as Cutler is terrible, but I would rather him be the DC than head coach. The last 2 years his teams have choked.
84-66 record. 4th most wins in the NFC the past 7 years he's had the job. He had 10 wins this season, Bills fans would kill for 10 wins. Saying the defense was good already doesn't really matter if he has the job for as long as he did because players come and go.He's a proven winner and always has good team defenses. He said he's interested so it's a good sign.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:18 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

andy reid or somebody i have never heard of. thx.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:06 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
I wonder if Romo is available for the right price.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:09 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This would just be another f u by Ralph to this region.
While his work with the Cardinals O-line (which was very devoid of talent) leaves a lot to be noticed, there's no reason to suspect Grimm would be a bad head coach...as we have seen coordinator talent =/= head coach talent.

Grimm was a finalist for the Steelers gig to replace Cowher, but they went with Tomlin.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:28 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
After last night...why does Dallas want him back?!

I'm not that convinced he's all that better than Fitz. Better arm? Yes....but even so he's really inconsistent.

He's never succeded under pressure.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:31 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
While his work with the Cardinals O-line (which was very devoid of talent) leaves a lot to be noticed, there's no reason to suspect Grimm would be a bad head coach...as we have seen coordinator talent =/= head coach talent.

Grimm was a finalist for the Steelers gig to replace Cowher, but they went with Tomlin.
I guess your right. Just not sold on the cordinator route. The last one thatcgame here convinced us he was an offensive guru and arguably his system cost the team 3-4 wins this year.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:47 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
I guess your right. Just not sold on the cordinator route. The last one thatcgame here convinced us he was an offensive guru and arguably his system cost the team 3-4 wins this year.
We've tried both coordinators (Williams, Mularkey) and retreads (Jauron, Gailey)...while Gailey was a coordinator more recently, he did have HC experience in Dallas. We just always pick the bad ones

Old
12-31-2012, 07:50 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Pass. Romo=Fitz with better arm strength/mobility. Still costs his team wins with astonishing regularity.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:59 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post

A big no to Grimm. He snubbed his nose at us 3 years ago. He had one good run with the Cards, aside from that he has been mediocre. What is it with the Bills? Do we have to always go for some recently fired from a bad team lame duck coach? Why can we not go for a coach from a winning elite team? If Nix isn't fired also that is a big step back.

Old
12-31-2012, 08:36 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Pass. Romo=Fitz with better arm strength/mobility. Still costs his team wins with astonishing regularity.
The Cowboys aren't really that good, despite the talking heads that pick them to win the Northeast/NFC/Super Bowl every year. Jason Garret is awful, as is their running game. And you're drastically overrating Fitzpatrick as a quarterback by comparing him to Romo. One is a capable NFL starter. The other is physically incapable of making some of the most basic plays inherent to the position, not just distance throws but putting touch and timing on the ball.

That being said, Romo needs a coach smart enough not to be deceived by his physical abilities and who knows when to take the ball out of Tony's hands. Given the carousel of **** that's been the past decade+, I don't think that coach will land in Buffalo.

Honestly, I'd sign Alex Smith. I think he learned a lot from Harbaugh, at least enough to protect the football and capably manage the pace of a game, something the Bills haven't had in ages (no, Trent Edwards doesn't count) and he'd allow us to groom somebody behind him.

Old
12-31-2012, 09:08 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
The Cowboys aren't really that good, despite the talking heads that pick them to win the Northeast/NFC/Super Bowl every year. Jason Garret is awful, as is their running game. And you're drastically overrating Fitzpatrick as a quarterback by comparing him to Romo. One is a capable NFL starter. The other is physically incapable of making some of the most basic plays inherent to the position, not just distance throws but putting touch and timing on the ball.

That being said, Romo needs a coach smart enough not to be deceived by his physical abilities and who knows when to take the ball out of Tony's hands. Given the carousel of **** that's been the past decade+, I don't think that coach will land in Buffalo.

Honestly, I'd sign Alex Smith. I think he learned a lot from Harbaugh, at least enough to protect the football and capably manage the pace of a game, something the Bills haven't had in ages (no, Trent Edwards doesn't count) and he'd allow us to groom somebody behind him.
True. Romo will lose games in spectacular fashion, but he will also singlehandedly win some games the Cowboys have no business being in--which is more than any recent Bills QB can say.

Old
12-31-2012, 09:30 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post

To what degree is capable? Romo to me is a hot head who can make some plays but at the end of the day makes more bad than good and isn't that much of a winner. He might have an arm but with the WRs he has he underachieves. He might be able to get Steve the ball but he would find other ways to blow it. Don't want either.

Old
12-31-2012, 09:32 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
A big no to Grimm. He snubbed his nose at us 3 years ago. He had one good run with the Cards, aside from that he has been mediocre. What is it with the Bills? Do we have to always go for some recently fired from a bad team lame duck coach? Why can we not go for a coach from a winning elite team? If Nix isn't fired also that is a big step back.
Yes, it's how Ralphie does his cheap practice. If he weren't cheap what you want could be done. I mean...who the hell hires a guy who got canned as an OC before a season even started? That right there says everything, unfortunatly.

Old
12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
dotcommunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
That's a good example and one to consider. That being said, I can't think of many similar cases. In fact, I can think of none that occurred in Buffalo. It's a different climate here and I firmly believe that a West Coast raised QB would struggle in Buffalo. It's a blue collar mentality here and requires a player with a particular upbringing to succeed.
I don't really buy this. I don't think there's some mystical quality to California or Buffalo that makes them incompatible. Also, yes a different era and different league even, but Lamonica and Kemp were both from California and were also the quarterbacks for the only Bills teams to ever win championships.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:44 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Schefter tweeted that Doug Marrone is interviewing for Buffalo and Clevelands job! As a huge Cuse fan I would love Marrone in Buffalo, he is an offensive guru.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:56 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

TBN is also reporting Cardinals DC Ray Horton will interview for the Bills (also Cardinals and Browns). Lovie Smith is apparently most interested in the Bills and Cardinals openings...so if the Bills want him they should have no problem getting Lovie.

Closed Thread