HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 02:30 PM
whiplash

vCash: 500
Oh man, that blitz on 2nd and long, Henne would have had his entire face rearranged if he hung on to that another split second.

And that 3rd and long looked like a classic Bills offensive playcall

Old
12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
whiplash

What the **** was that?

Old
12-02-2012, 03:10 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Looks like Lindell found his leg.

But wait, I thought he can't make anything over 44?
Chan doesn't trust him from 50 in a dome in a close game, then trots him out from 50 in the wind and rain...wtf.
On the plus side, the weather has forced him into using a solid offensive gameplan: Run the ball down the other team's throat with fred and cj and let fitz do his thing inside the red zone and take a few shots but otherwise just manage the game.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Wooooooooooooooow. Luck beats the Lions with zero seconds left. That was an amazing final drive.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:37 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Chan doesn't trust him from 50 in a dome in a close game, then trots him out from 50 in the wind and rain...wtf.
On the plus side, the weather has forced him into using a solid offensive gameplan: Run the ball down the other team's throat with fred and cj and let fitz do his thing inside the red zone and take a few shots but otherwise just manage the game.
I think he figured that up 24-10 why not give Lindell a shot...if he misses you're still up 2 scores, and the way the defense was playing you gotta like the Bills chances.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Wooooooooooooooow. Luck beats the Lions with zero seconds left. That was an amazing final drive.
Seriously, he was ridiculously well composed on that final drive. It's too bad he and Griffin aren't in the same conference, that would be an amazing rivalry (assuming they keep up their levels of play)

Old
12-02-2012, 03:49 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Seriously, he was ridiculously well composed on that final drive. It's too bad he and Griffin aren't in the same conference, that would be an amazing rivalry (assuming they keep up their levels of play)
I didn't see the entire drive, but the lions defense on that last play was beyond awful. Luck probably could have scrambled for the touchdown if avery hadn't been ready for the pass. and yes, i agree it would be awesome if they had the chance to make another peyton/brady type rivalry

Old
12-02-2012, 04:57 PM
McTank

I dont think theyll make it but its pretty sad that theyre still in the race

Old
12-02-2012, 05:15 PM
McTank

Any chance we pick up alex smith this off season

Old
12-02-2012, 05:36 PM
whiplash

If Baltimore beats Pitt and the SD-Cin. game holds, we'd have the bare minimum of a shot. At this point, we'd need a ton of help, even if we won out

Old
12-02-2012, 05:41 PM
johnjm22

I hope Eric Wood isn't injured badly. He's very important to our team. We're especially going to need him against teams like St. Louis and Seattle that have good pass rushes.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:44 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
If Baltimore beats Pitt and the SD-Cin. game holds, we'd have the bare minimum of a shot. At this point, we'd need a ton of help, even if we won out
Neither happened

Ravens and Chargers choke. Though in the case of San Diego, that's to be expected. Ravens losing to Charlie Batch though....

Old
12-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Pondslider

This season has been over for a month at least.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:03 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
A team like Buffalo shouldn't want him. He'd be Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0 here.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:34 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Forgot to note that Alex Carrington had a monster game today. 1.5 sacks, but he had probably his best game as a Bill. He's really settled in nicely this season to the depth DL role.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:46 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Think the Bills would be more interested in Vick truthfully. But who knows? Flacco and Rivers may be available too (Romo will probably resign)

Anyone have any thoughts on the Rams next week?

Old
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Think the Bills would be more interested in Vick truthfully. But who knows? Flacco and Rivers may be available too (Romo will probably resign)

Flacco would be a nice fit

Old
12-03-2012, 02:12 AM
buffalowing88

While I think Flacco would be the ultimate fit for a Buffalo team, I see no reason why Baltimore wouldn't do everything it could to keep him. The money won't be an issue and the Raven's wont let the best QB in the team's history go easily. Vick or Smith would be the only options and neither would be a better fit than Fitzpatrick. Instead we should draft a developmental guy and let him sit on the bench for 2 years. Fitz isn't the main reason this team struggles, he's been a disappointment this season but he's also the first red zone effective QB we've had since Flutie. I want a linebacker and a WR. Address that and then we can concern ourselves with the QB issue.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:23 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Lol Chan...hey Lindell can kick from 50! But you sauid he cuoldn't!

Hey Mario...thanks for showing up.....in December.

FredEx was a workhorse. Hey Chan, this should be the gameplan every week. Too bad, bad weather is what makes you competent.

Defense....where were you the first 9 weeks?

Spero Dedes get your facts straight....Mularkey didn't leave in 05, he was fired, and you saw why yesterday...

Hey Fitz can throw deep!

What was that bogus defenseless reciever call that came in way after the play had concluded? Come on refs...get your **** together.

Of course, both Cincy and PIT had to win. Baltimore's playoff berth should be revoked for choking to Charlie Batch at home!

Old
12-03-2012, 07:32 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Spiller! This is one of those stupid games that gets all my hopes up for next year. Next year man, we'll get em then.

I know this isn't some revelatory fact but I am constantly impressed with the vision Spiller has developed. He spent the first couple years bouncing too far outside, not following blocks and taking too much time to make a decision. He always had the physical tools but as far as understanding of the game, he's improved by leaps and bounds, starting last year when Jackson went down and continuing all this year. He better anchor the offense next year, no questions asked.

edit: to be clear, I still REALLY want FJ playing a prominent role on this team, especially on passing downs and short yardage downs but Spiller's more than proved himself this season
It's not that farfetched IMHO. The defense has really improved the last 3 weeks. Hell, they held Luck to 13 points. Had the D played this good all year who knows. If the D plays this good it's possible. Mario Williams looks pretty good now. I wanted to see95% of this blown up but i'm not sure you go that route now.

They better rseign Jairus Byrd.

My only real request is demote Gailey to OC an find a head coach.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:35 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
While I think Flacco would be the ultimate fit for a Buffalo team, I see no reason why Baltimore wouldn't do everything it could to keep him. The money won't be an issue and the Raven's wont let the best QB in the team's history go easily. Vick or Smith would be the only options and neither would be a better fit than Fitzpatrick. Instead we should draft a developmental guy and let him sit on the bench for 2 years. Fitz isn't the main reason this team struggles, he's been a disappointment this season but he's also the first red zone effective QB we've had since Flutie. I want a linebacker and a WR. Address that and then we can concern ourselves with the QB issue.
I don't find Flacco to be al that good, he's nowhere near "Elite" He's neve done much.

Romo to me I just don't understand. He can look so talented and then...so bad, theres no invetween with that guy.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Flacco would be a nice fit
Flacco's not leaving Baltimore. It's a veteran team trying to win now--Reed and Lewis will be back for one more season, IMO--and they don't have time to move on from Flacco and hand the reins over to a drafted QB (Tyrod Taylor isn't the answer) or a retread like Vick or Alex Smith.

For better or worse, the Ravens are wed to Joe Flacco for the long haul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
Flacco is quite overrated. In the .00001% chance that Baltimore let him walk, and Buffalo picked him up, Bills fans would be disappointed--take it from someone who's been subjected to the Ravens and their fans everyday since 2008. His W-L record is largely a product of the strong teams around him, and he still goes through huge bouts of inconsistency.

Still, the fact remains that you are correct when you say the Ravens will re-sign him, quite likely for too much money.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:21 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post

Someone on the football board posted Rivers's stats in the 4th quarter of games when he's tied or trailing by 1 score. It's downright awful...since 2010 he's had 3 TDs and 12 INTs.

IMO I think the right coach is far more important--we'll need the right QB to contend for a Super Bowl, but the right coach with an above-average QB gets us to the playoffs. I'm fully aboard the Hue Jackson train at this point...I really think he would do great here. He certainly would know what to do with a potent running attack judging from his time in Oakland.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:26 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post

FredEx was a workhorse. Hey Chan, this should be the gameplan every week. Too bad, bad weather is what makes you competent.

Spero Dedes get your facts straight....Mularkey didn't leave in 05, he was fired, and you saw why yesterday...

Hey Fitz can throw deep!

What was that bogus defenseless reciever call that came in way after the play had concluded? Come on refs...get your **** together.

Of course, both Cincy and PIT had to win. Baltimore's playoff berth should be revoked for choking to Charlie Batch at home!

Williams has been very good since the bye week wrist surgery.

Maybe when he said it was hampering his play, he wasn't lying.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:01 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post

Hey Fitz can throw deep!

What? Since when? Did he not resign?

Closed Thread