HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
What? Since when? Did he not resign?
He resigned. He was not fired.

Wilson had said Mularkey would be coming back for the 3rd year on his deal. A week later Mularkey tendered his resignation.

Mr. Dedas was correct.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
He resigned. He was not fired.

Wilson had said Mularkey would be coming back for the 3rd year on his deal. A week later Mularkey tendered his resignation.

Mr. Dedas was correct.
IIRC he basically blamed the Buffalo fans for his failure, that we drove him crazy because we actually **gasp** expected him to win games every so often!

Old
12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I vaguely remember something in his statement at the time that could have been interpreted as a shot at the fans, but I didn't take it that way back then.

I felt like he saw how much of a crapshow that organization was, and decided to leave since he knew there was no chance of being successful.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Oh well I guess, I hope he enjoys working where he is now where the fans don't even care enough to begin with. Grass isn't always greener on the other side, Mike. I thought he was easily the worst coach, and Gregg Williams set the bar pretty low!

Old
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Williams has been very good since the bye week wrist surgery.

Maybe when he said it was hampering his play, he wasn't lying.
Okay mid Novemberish.

You may be right man but the last 3 offenses they have faced fall under the sub par category. While i'm not discrediting him from that(he should be dominating the bad ones) I want to se him do it against an elite opponent like a New England.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Someone on the football board posted Rivers's stats in the 4th quarter of games when he's tied or trailing by 1 score. It's downright awful...since 2010 he's had 3 TDs and 12 INTs.

IMO I think the right coach is far more important--we'll need the right QB to contend for a Super Bowl, but the right coach with an above-average QB gets us to the playoffs. I'm fully aboard the Hue Jackson train at this point...I really think he would do great here. He certainly would know what to do with a potent running attack judging from his time in Oakland.
I want to like Rivers....I really do. He's talented but he just doesn't have that "it" factor you can't teach. I have never had him in Fantasy, but hes a guy who would do you well in that i'm sure. I would like to see what kinda INT's those were, if they were forcing the ball or risky throws or just bad. Yesterday was just a stupid play. Not sure who he was even gunning for as no Charger was in sight really. Can't throw it away either as it's 4th down. Looked as bad as the Fitz vs NE pick though I can't say this time a route was run wrong or anything.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Okay mid Novemberish.

You may be right man but the last 3 offenses they have faced fall under the sub par category. While i'm not discrediting him from that(he should be dominating the bad ones) I want to se him do it against an elite opponent like a New England.
Some QBs are hard to sack. Brady has only been sacked 19 times all year. (Fitz, 20 by comparison.)

All you can do in that situation is try to pressure the QB, and that's hard to do against Brady as well.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:12 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
It's not that farfetched IMHO. The defense has really improved the last 3 weeks. Hell, they held Luck to 13 points. Had the D played this good all year who knows. If the D plays this good it's possible. Mario Williams looks pretty good now. I wanted to see95% of this blown up but i'm not sure you go that route now.

They better rseign Jairus Byrd.

My only real request is demote Gailey to OC an find a head coach.
Can you demote Gailey like that? Solves my concerns if you can

Old
12-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I hope Eric Wood isn't injured badly. He's very important to our team. We're especially going to need him against teams like St. Louis and Seattle that have good pass rushes.
Wood out indefinitely with torn MCL:
Quote:
Wood sustained a torn MCL and will miss anywhere from two weeks to the remainder of the season.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Nibbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Well... that sucks. Seriously hurts our running game for Freddy at least.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:05 AM
johnjm22

That SUCKS.

Hairston is also injured.

The Ram's pass rush is going to be all over us.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:52 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Using the NFL playoff machine on ESPN shows just how dire the Bills situation is even if they win out (assuming all the tiebreakers are programmed right).

Both the Steelers and the Bengals have to lose two more games. Unfortunately, there are conditions on which games those are.

- If the Steelers only lose two games, one of those games can NOT be to the Cowboys (a loss to the Cowboys would force their conference record to 6-6, same as ours would be, and they win on other tiebreakers)

- If the Bengals only lose two games, they cannot BOTH be to NFC teams (one vs Philadelphia, one vs Dallas). Both losses to NFC teams would force their conference record to 7-5 if they finish 9-7, thus winning the tiebreaker. However, Buffalo would win the tiebreaker if Cincinatti and Buffalo both finished 9-7 and 6-6 in conference.

A wild-card here. If the Colts end up finishing the season 1-3 to end up 9-7, and it is a 3 or 4 way tie with Cincinatti involved, the Bills would finish ahead of Indianapolis based on the multi-team tiebreaker (so head to head doesn't come into play). If BUF, PIT, CIN, and IND all finish 9-7 (6-6), PIT is #5, BUF is #6. If BUF, CIN, and IND all finish even, BUF wins that 3 way tiebreaker to be either 5 or 6 (depending on if PIT finishes below or above)

Yeah, I know, I spent way too much time on this being 4 weeks out

Old
12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Using the NFL playoff machine on ESPN shows just how dire the Bills situation is even if they win out (assuming all the tiebreakers are programmed right).

Both the Steelers and the Bengals have to lose two more games. Unfortunately, there are conditions on which games those are.

- If the Steelers only lose two games, one of those games can NOT be to the Cowboys (a loss to the Cowboys would force their conference record to 6-6, same as ours would be, and they win on other tiebreakers)

- If the Bengals only lose two games, they cannot BOTH be to NFC teams (one vs Philadelphia, one vs Dallas). Both losses to NFC teams would force their conference record to 7-5 if they finish 9-7, thus winning the tiebreaker. However, Buffalo would win the tiebreaker if Cincinatti and Buffalo both finished 9-7 and 6-6 in conference.

A wild-card here. If the Colts end up finishing the season 1-3 to end up 9-7, and it is a 3 or 4 way tie with Cincinatti involved, the Bills would finish ahead of Indianapolis based on the multi-team tiebreaker (so head to head doesn't come into play). If BUF, PIT, CIN, and IND all finish 9-7 (6-6), PIT is #5, BUF is #6. If BUF, CIN, and IND all finish even, BUF wins that 3 way tiebreaker to be either 5 or 6 (depending on if PIT finishes below or above)

Love the effort

Old
12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
dma0034

Quote:

So you're saying theres a chance.....

Old
12-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
So you're saying theres a chance.....
I read ya.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:08 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:

nicely dunn (tire)

Old
12-04-2012, 04:58 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:

Man...that Indy/DET game hurt. Seems like a play the Bills would have blown, that was bad. 4th and goal no timeouts left, little flip pass. How was nobody guarding the goal line? Stupid prevent D would have worked there.

Hmm...Indy's last 3 games look brutal. Houston twice and at KC(tough place to play in December and for a dome team?)

The good news is CIN/PIT play head to head so someones gunna capture that 6th AFC loss. Cincy doesnt worry me. I think they will go 8-8 or so.

Pittsburgh I see as trouble. Three of 4 at home. If only San Diego could show up for a week. Then you could almost root for the Bengals(their last game is against Baltimore)

Old
12-04-2012, 05:17 PM
dma0034

Time to look at some schedules:

Steelers:

v. Chargers
@ Cowboys
v. Bengals
v. Browns

Colts:

v. Titans
@ Texans
@ Cheifs
Texans

Bengals:

v. Cowboys
@ Eagles
@ Steelers
v. Ravens

It's hard to believe that the Colts would lose to either the Titans or Cheifs but if Houston loses to the Patriots this week those two games may become interesting.

However; the Bengals and Steelers have some difficult games left (they play each other which isn't good). The Cowboys can beat either of these teams (they could also fall behind by 24 and lose). The Ravens and Browns are tough games too. The wild card are the Bengals @ Eagles and Chargers @ Steelers.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Time to look at some schedules:

Steelers:

v. Chargers
@ Cowboys
v. Bengals
v. Browns

Colts:

v. Titans
@ Texans
@ Cheifs
Texans

Bengals:

v. Cowboys
@ Eagles
@ Steelers
v. Ravens

It's hard to believe that the Colts would lose to either the Titans or Cheifs but if Houston loses to the Patriots this week those two games may become interesting.

However; the Bengals and Steelers have some difficult games left (they play each other which isn't good). The Cowboys can beat either of these teams (they could also fall behind by 24 and lose). The Ravens and Browns are tough games too. The wild card are the Bengals @ Eagles and Chargers @ Steelers.
The Bengals actually have a relatively realistic "best-case scenario" for us....split the two NFC games, beat Pittsburgh (ok, that's the tough one) and lose to Baltimore. They end up 9-7 (6-6) and behind us in all tiebreakers and puts Indy behind us if they falter to 9-7 as well.

Another tiebreaker that ends well for us is if Pittsburgh beats Dallas but loses two of their other games. (San Diego show up please?) This puts Pittsburgh at 4-0 in the NFC and so they'd lose any tiebreaker to really any of the bubble AFC teams.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:25 AM
whiplash

Man, you guys are dicks. I had already resigned myself to not making playoffs and now you go and get my hopes up with all this talk.

In other news: Kelsay to IR, Wood and Hairston are out for at least this week (****in' hell if Wood's MCL is season ending, when he went down last year it took like, 3 games to get any semblance of a line back together), Williams and McKelvin out at corner and an o-lineman and a CB were activated from the practice squad.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
aceface33

Russ Brandon says this week's game is sold out and will be on TV. Pretty surprising.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Sabreality

what's the definition of insanity again?

It blows my mind that Bills fans STILL hold out hope with this franchise.

finishing 4-0? LOL come on now.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Russ Brandon says this week's game is sold out and will be on TV. Pretty surprising.
Russell Salvatore bought the remaining tickets: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...9-818b2ac73488

Old
12-05-2012, 01:54 PM
joshmo65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
what's the definition of insanity again?

It blows my mind that Bills fans STILL hold out hope with this franchise.

finishing 4-0? LOL come on now.
They can make it going 3-1 also..........

Old
12-05-2012, 02:01 PM
dotcommunism

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmo65 View Post
They can make it going 3-1 also..........
in theory? sure. realistically? lol

Closed Thread