HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises Lineup-Trade Block

Old
11-30-2012, 12:32 AM
slightlystewpid420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
and have made a trade:

TO TORONTO: Steve Ott & Drew Stafford

TO BUFFALO: Tim Connolly & Clark MacArthur
confirm send it in game.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:33 AM
slightlystewpid420

TB needs to IMMEDIATELY find a top 6 center, preferably younger, and a depth defensemen. Lecavier out 48 games...bergeron out 43. Looking to move this and next years 1st rd picks. possibly some roster players.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:49 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Trade Hedman for Stastny

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:58 AM
dbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Trade Hedman for Stastny

Damn you previous Tampa GM in Bluth.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Gary83*

Ward on the block for peanuts!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:14 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Ward on the block for peanuts!
i know i sent you about 20renditions but did you check my niemi offer?

and just to clarify, semin is injured a good 20 right?

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
i know i sent you about 20renditions but did you check my niemi offer?

and just to clarify, semin is injured a good 20 right?
I didn't get to check any of the proposal before the advance last night and any proposals get wiped once the next block starts.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
TB needs to IMMEDIATELY find a top 6 center, preferably younger, and a depth defensemen. Lecavier out 48 games...bergeron out 43. Looking to move this and next years 1st rd picks. possibly some roster players.
Eric Staal?!

Old
11-30-2012, 06:10 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Eric Staal?!
isnt he a franchise player?

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:16 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
isnt he a franchise player?
How many am I allowed to have? I have Skinner and Ward too! Don't forget about Jiri Tlusty though.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:53 AM
matt1396

Honestly Jonathan Quick is sucking really bad right now. Its getting to the point where im contemplating putting him on the block. But I don't want what happened in my Fleury deal to happen here because I don't want him playing well for someone else. Anyways if you want get some offers in, but keep two things in mind. 1.) I'm not set on moving him. 2.) He is a franchise player.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:14 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Honestly Jonathan Quick is sucking really bad right now. Its getting to the point where im contemplating putting him on the block. But I don't want what happened in my Fleury deal to happen here because I don't want him playing well for someone else. Anyways if you want get some offers in, but keep two things in mind. 1.) I'm not set on moving him. 2.) He is a franchise player.
1. The Bolded is not a very good selling point when trying to move a player. Never do you hear a GM completely call out a player for not playing well and tell GM's that person is on the block. Is it a secret? No. But saying they are sucking doesn't give much hope to interested GM's and it will most likely make your return less than desired.

2. I think you're jumping the gun again. As LAK in TBC Quick has his ups and downs.. but if you play solid defense in front of him, he will stop the majority of the shots.. keep shots to the parameter and he'll do fine. Except for the soft wristers that create rebounds that plague every netminder in the game.

3. He is an elite goalie signed long term to a cap friendly salary.. There is no reason to move him.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I really think we should drop the franchise player thing. It doesn't work in practice. All trades should be looked at, and those including very good players more closely, but I don't really like the special standard / overpayment thing.

For both you and CAR, another thing to keep in mind: We're simming half the games, so even if you're struggling a bit with the goalie, there is value in having an elite one because of simulation.

Quick has superior athleticism and makes absurd acrobatic saves. He seems prone to rebounds, like most good goalies. Still I wouldn't sell low.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I really think we should drop the franchise player thing. It doesn't work in practice. All trades should be looked at, and those including very good players more closely, but I don't really like the special standard / overpayment thing.

For both you and CAR, another thing to keep in mind: We're simming half the games, so even if you're struggling a bit with the goalie, there is value in having an elite one because of simulation.

Quick has superior athleticism and makes absurd acrobatic saves. He seems prone to rebounds, like most good goalies. Still I wouldn't sell low.
You're really not helping me in my attempt to get quick, please shut yo piehole!

Old
11-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Gary83*

Quote:

And if we don't sim in playoffs then what good is having an "elite" goalie? I won't get into why I'm not happy with Ward but I'll gladly take my chances on a player I feel more comfortable with playing in game rather then holding onto him for "sim value"

My goalie is freaking Ilya Bryzgalov in Bluth Company and I haven't had anywhere close to the problems with him that I seem to be experiencing so far.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
And if we don't sim in playoffs then what good is having an "elite" goalie? I won't get into why I'm not happy with Ward but I'll gladly take my chances on a player I feel more comfortable with playing in game rather then holding onto him for "sim value"

My goalie is freaking Ilya Bryzgalov in Bluth Company and I haven't had anywhere close to the problems with him that I seem to be experiencing so far.

I didn't say my plan was perfect.

You're completely correct, of course. I guess what I was trying to say is this: there are lower OV goalies who play well human v. human (Nabokov, in my experience), but they don't do as well in simulated games. There's some value in having a higher OV goalie, even if you are struggling with them in player games, simply because it will help your overall record.

But if things are so bad that you don't feel comfortable going into the playoffs, then that is a significant problem. I didn't realize he had dropped quite so many clunkers. I've also never really seen anyone have significant issues with Ward--he always seemed pretty solid, so I'm surprised you're having problems. Sometimes the just get on a cold streak and start letting everything in.Quick is a different story. Guys always complain about him.

Byzgalov (can be) one of the best goalies in NHL 13 in my experience, so he might not be the best comparison.

At the moment, my best healthy goalie is Jonas Gustavsson, so just remember, it could be worse.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 11-30-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old
11-30-2012, 07:58 AM
noexult

Even Martin Biron does pretty well...

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Just a heads up, Ward sucks *** in this game
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Holy **** Ward is terrible. Let's in a shot 20 feet out from right above the goal line and a weak wrister in 5-hole from the point. Still gg Tampa
Just off the top of my head.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:02 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Just off the top of my head.
I'm glad we never pursued the Howard-Ward swap then.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
I'm glad we never pursued the Howard-Ward swap then.
Too bad that's the only way you'll get Semin, sucka!

Other then your friday night extracurricular activities!

Couldn't resist!

Old
11-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Too bad that's the only way you'll get Semin, sucka!
Yeah. That's fine. He would have fit well, but Howard has been decent, and if Ward is really that bad, a few extra goals from my forwards isn't worth it. I appreciate the heads up. You might have saved me from a horrible mistake.

Besides, with only two trades available, it probably wouldn't be wise to pull the trigger on a guy out for another 20 games.

If you change your mind later, let me know.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Firefoxx

Its times like these it makes me happy to have Mike Smith. Guy is playing out of his mind! Considering I'm terrible at creating offence, ill take all the 1-0 and 2-1 wins I can get!

Firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:29 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
ill give you Duby

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoxx View Post
Its times like these it makes me happy to have Mike Smith. Guy is playing out of his mind! Considering I'm terrible at creating offence, ill take all the 1-0 and 2-1 wins I can get!
You play pretty solid D, or you did against me, which tends to help.

I'm still shocked at our game since I did have a couple quality opportunities that I usually bury!

Old
11-30-2012, 08:57 AM
matt1396

My problem is quick isn't playing to well in the sims. But I'm going to keep giving him chances because he's Jonathan ****ing quick, so I have to at least see what he can do long term.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote