Old
12-04-2012, 08:15 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Well ****.
at least it means Ryback won't win the WWE Title.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling about Ryback destroying The Shield

Old
12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Imagine if they make it a 6man TLC match. That would be siiiiiiick.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:23 PM
RussianRocket10

Oh yeah. I forgot that nearly everyone here hates Ryback.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:30 PM
M.C.G. 31
SR

vCash: 50
that should mean Ziggler/Cena will main event, probably for the World title

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
M.C.G. 31
SR

vCash: 50
To WWE: I hope you've learned from your mistake with the Nexus. If you have, The Shield will go over. I don't care if Daniel Bryan eats the pin, just have them go over. Remember Nexus? How'd that go up until they lost to Team WWE?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
that should mean Ziggler/Cena will main event, probably for the World title
That was going to be the best match regardless.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Vickie just simply needs to be off TV.

I know Vince promised that when Eddie died, Vickie would always have a job at WWE.

Give her a $100,000 year job as an "executive consultant" or some ****. Send her down to work with talent at FCW. Give her a front office job. I don't care. Just get her away.

Make someone like Flair or Heyman or Foley the GM. Vickie does way more harm than good. Every angle she's been involved in that doesn't involve Dolph Ziggler has been the worst angle on TV at the time. I'm sure she's a wonderful person outside of what we see. But she absolutely kills the show EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
duckchobbins

The Shield needs to dominate. They can play up some teamwork issues between Hell No and Ryback. While Ryback and Kane are arguing outside the ring, The Shield hit Bryan with their powerbomb and Ambrose pins him for the victory.

It sounds like Dolph will be in the main event here. Great for him, the match should be excellent. He's gotta go over though, he just has to.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Dean Ambrose... first match on a PPV... possibility of him going at it with Bryan...

Holy... CRAP!

Old
12-04-2012, 09:03 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm wondering if Al Snow is the new GM?

Old
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Dean Ambrose... first match on a PPV... possibility of him going at it with Bryan...

Holy... CRAP!
They can sell it with a strong promo this Monday, and then before/after their match the night of the ppv as well. They need to really showcase Reigns, Black and Ambrose. They've already brought in a huge amount of interest and mystery to the show, and now their first match is at a ppv that Punk isn't on...it's showcase time.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
To WWE: I hope you've learned from your mistake with the Nexus. If you have, The Shield will go over. I don't care if Daniel Bryan eats the pin, just have them go over. Remember Nexus? How'd that go up until they lost to Team WWE?
They don't have to win in order to appear strong. It's their first official match. Just like Ryback looks strong even as he's never beaten CM Punk. As long as The Shield puts on a good match where they have stretches of domination, then it wont matter if they win or lose. It's way too early to proclaim this a must-win for the Shield.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:16 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
They don't have to win in order to appear strong. It's their first official match. Just like Ryback looks strong even as he's never beaten CM Punk. As long as The Shield puts on a good match where they have stretches of domination, then it wont matter if they win or lose. It's way too early to proclaim this a must-win for the Shield.
I don't agree with that - it's one thing to beat up someone up after they're vulnerable, it's another thing to lose clean in your match. They need a convincing win to gain credibility. A loss would completely neuter them. They have momentum now, a clean loss would completely stall that and they wouldn't ever get it back.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:21 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
The Shield needs to dominate. They can play up some teamwork issues between Hell No and Ryback. While Ryback and Kane are arguing outside the ring, The Shield hit Bryan with their powerbomb and Ambrose pins him for the victory.

It sounds like Dolph will be in the main event here. Great for him, the match should be excellent. He's gotta go over though, he just has to.
I wonder if they could do something like have Punk come out to the top of the ramp, Ryback is lured away in a chase, The Shield wins in the numbers games vs Hell No. Gives the Shield a big win, and can protect Hell No/Ryback at the same time.

I'm just excited as anything to see Ambrose and Bryan go at it.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I don't agree with that - it's one thing to beat up someone up after they're vulnerable, it's another thing to lose clean in your match. They need a convincing win to gain credibility. A loss would completely neuter them. They have momentum now, a clean loss would completely stall that and they wouldn't ever get it back.
Gain credibility with who? Ryback dominates all the time and he gets no credibility from any of you guys.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:28 PM
kanuck87

And all the talk about Ryback being pushed too quick on these boards, look at what you're suggesting for The Shield. First official match on a PPV, and they beat two former world champions and a beast. Ryback had to feed on jobbers for the first two or three months before he got any stiff competition.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:36 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
IWC Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Shield ABSOLUTELY needs the win. Do not **** this up like Nexus.

BTW.. this can't be a TLC match as there would be nothing hanging above.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
And all the talk about Ryback being pushed too quick on these boards, look at what you're suggesting for The Shield. First official match on a PPV, and they beat two former world champions and a beast. Ryback had to feed on jobbers for the first two or three months before he got any stiff competition.
Lol too true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm wondering if Al Snow is the new GM?
Considering he works for TNA I strongly doubt it.

Old
ColePens
Global Moderator
IWC Veteran

Quote:
They have to play the angle where the Shield is a better team together than the other three. Ryback is about destruction and Kane/DB have been all over the map (kayfabe).

The Shield can use that as an advantage and win.

Old
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
stop with your common sense...hahahah

Old
12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
IWC Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Lol too true.

Considering he works for TNA I strongly doubt it.
This is the common situation when 1 guy squashes a legit tag-team. It makes zero sense. WE are to believe guys working together can beat others if they are not. That's wrestling. Always has been.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
The problem I have with Ryback is when he squashes tag teams. That pisses me off. Squash a couple of no names is one thing, squashing former tag team champions is a reason WWE writing is so poor.

I have no problem with a main eventer beating tag champs. A main eventer squashing tag champs is a joke.

Not to mention, he's not getting the reactions needed to justify main events, IMO. Even Goldbergs push wasn't this fast.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:43 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
They have to play the angle where the Shield is a better team together than the other three. Ryback is about destruction and Kane/DB have been all over the map (kayfabe).

The Shield can use that as an advantage and win.
It's fine if this is the angle that's being played out. I'm just saying it won't be the end of The Shield if they lose the match. You know how The Shield will lose momentum? It's when the writers stop putting them into important storylines. Not because they lose once.

And I could believe that Kane/DB alone could beat the Shield. Did you see the promo they cut after they got attacked the first time? That was great, and I could believe they could blaze a path of destruction to whomever and wherever they wanted to, and that includes going through The Shield like a hot knife through butter.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Shield ABSOLUTELY needs the win. Do not **** this up like Nexus.

BTW.. this can't be a TLC match as there would be nothing hanging above.
Sure it could be. It could be a tag team title match or something.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
This is the common situation when 1 guy squashes a legit tag-team. It makes zero sense. WE are to believe guys working together can beat others if they are not. That's wrestling. Always has been.
It's really beside the point, people moaned that Ryback got pushed too soon, but people want The Shield to go over two former World Champions, who are tag team champions, and another guy who kayfabe should be the world champion, in their first PPV match.

IF the match is done in a way that they win because of a lack of chemistry in the opposition then so be it, that makes sense I won't complain, but the point is that people are demanding they go over first PPV match etc while not too long ago were complaining about how quickly Ryback got pushed.

Closed Thread