12-04-2012, 09:46 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
It's fine if this is the angle that's being played out. I'm just saying it won't be the end of The Shield if they lose the match. You know how The Shield will lose momentum? It's when the writers stop putting them into important storylines. Not because they lose once.

And I could believe that Kane/DB alone could beat the Shield. Did you see the promo they cut after they got attacked the first time? That was great, and I could believe they could blaze a path of destruction to whomever and wherever they wanted to, and that includes going through The Shield like a hot knife through butter.
Kane and DB could eat the pin and be more than fine. I think that's the best bet here. I think it's best bet for everyone.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:48 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
It's really beside the point, people moaned that Ryback got pushed too soon, but people want The Shield to go over two former World Champions, who are tag team champions, and another guy who kayfabe should be the world champion, in their first PPV match.

IF the match is done in a way that they win because of a lack of chemistry in the opposition then so be it, that makes sense I won't complain, but the point is that people are demanding they go over first PPV match etc while not too long ago were complaining about how quickly Ryback got pushed.
I understand the IWC is quite crazy. I'll never dispute that with you. Everyone is a hypocrite when it comes to fantasy booking.

I just think for the sake of a team, the 3 working together should win over 3 not.

Old
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
Its a TLC match but you win by pin or submission? What...?

Old
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
The problem I have with Ryback is when he squashes tag teams. That pisses me off. Squash a couple of no names is one thing, squashing former tag team champions is a reason WWE writing is so poor.

I have no problem with a main eventer beating tag champs. A main eventer squashing tag champs is a joke.

Not to mention, he's not getting the reactions needed to justify main events, IMO. Even Goldbergs push wasn't this fast.
I thought it was a joke that he beat Epico and Primo too, but the tag team division was a joke back then.

I don't have an opinion whether Ryback's push is too quick or not, but like I said, look at what some of them were suggesting for the Shield and tell me that's not a insanely quick push.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
And all the talk about Ryback being pushed too quick on these boards, look at what you're suggesting for The Shield. First official match on a PPV, and they beat two former world champions and a beast. Ryback had to feed on jobbers for the first two or three months before he got any stiff competition.
He still gets fed jobbers, because he can't wrestle for more than three minutes without looking out of place.

Ryback definitely got pushed to quickly. His "stiff competition" was going from beating local 160 lbs high schoolers to pinning the Intercontinental Champion literally overnight. He's hasn't wrestled a good match in his entire life and gets handed a title opportunity because he gave Punk a dirty look after he hit Mick Foley.

Even the higher ups know it. Why should a guy who main evented two consecutive PPV's have to fight a guy like Titus O'Neill at 8pm to start the show? Because if he's in the ring for more than three minute you turn off the TV.

Quote:
Gain credibility with who? Ryback dominates all the time and he gets no credibility from any of you guys.
Because he sucks at wrestling, has no mic skills, and needs piped in chants to get any reaction.

We know wrestling is fake, but stop insulting our intelligence. Ryback is bad at everything but he gets shoved down our throats because Vince says that's the guy we need to like.

None of the guys in The Shield have had any matches yet. Having them lose their first one sends a message that they're huge ******* who can't win in a fair fight and need to sucker punch people to do get attention.

And then people stop caring, and you just stalled three promising careers and killed a brilliant storyline.

Seriously, name ONE positive that comes from the faces winning.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I understand the IWC is quite crazy. I'll never dispute that with you. Everyone is a hypocrite when it comes to fantasy booking.

I just think for the sake of a team, the 3 working together should win over 3 not.
I will be hoping they win so I can mark out for Tyler but just in agreement with kanuck87 calling out the hypocrisy of many with regards to this

Old
12-04-2012, 09:53 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
None of the guys in The Shield have had any matches yet. Having them lose their first one sends a message that they're huge ******* who can't win in a fair fight and need to sucker punch people to do get attention.
Quote:
We know wrestling is fake,
You just answered your own concerns about the Shield losing.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:55 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post

Because he sucks at wrestling, has no mic skills, and needs piped in chants to get any reaction.

We know wrestling is fake, but stop insulting our intelligence. Ryback is bad at everything but he gets shoved down our throats because Vince says that's the guy we need to like.

And then people stop caring, and you just stalled three promising careers and killed a brilliant storyline.

Seriously, name ONE positive that comes from the faces winning.
I don't think you are giving enough credit to Ryback. He was on the mic the other day and brought an intense promo that was believable. He has a great look and uses power to his advantage. Those guys are needed in the WWE. He's not a stiff competitor like most big guys.

Yes... he was brought up so quickly. Many here forget how much they hated Sheamus for the same thing. Now the "Fella" is a cool guy who can go. Ryback is one of the few guys I'd believe could take a loss and keep bringing his intensity. He's not a Goldberg wanna-be. He's a decent character.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
There was a couple of times with Nexus when Skip cut promos that seemed legit bad ass.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:

BTW.. this can't be a TLC match as there would be nothing hanging above.
You were saying? Man this TLC match is going to be ridiculously awesome.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

OK, now im more excited for this knowing its a tlc match. Having it decided by pin or submission is odd, but its going to be fun.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:37 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Yeah.. part of the amazing usage of ladders during TLC is when all of them go for the titles. The kid comes out in me and I get lost thinking anyone can grab the belt. I just love that about a ladder match.

Without something hanging above... I'm not sure how the ladders will be used outside of a few spots. The crowd typically pops real hard when a ladder gets thrown in the ring and nobody is around to catch 'em.

It will be strange.. but I'm happy.

edit: 22 minutes for the record of 381!

Old
12-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Mister Wood

I'm not too sure what to expect from this new match, but I'd have to say it's more important that the Shield impress in the ring than it is to hve them pick up a win. I think most fans figure they can't beat a Ryback one on one, but having the main event as a showcase for what each guy can do would be pretty awesome. Especially if Seth Rollins gets in a sick ladder spot or two.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Pushing Ryback and pushing a heel faction are two different things. The heels have to win at first in a dirty yet dominating fashion so that the face can win it clean at the blow-off point. Since this is the beginning of the story, the heels have to go over at first.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

This is like the old tag team TLC matches we used to get, but now with 3 man per side. Seems awesome.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Maybe Punk/Ryback in a TLC match can happen on the first Raw of 2013 (they usually like opening the year with a big match).

Old
12-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Maybe Punk/Ryback in a TLC match can happen on the first Raw of 2013 (they usually like opening the year with a big match).
I can't see them cancelling the match. Besides, Ryback's matches are short. He may have to take a big bump but it won't be much. We'll see.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I can't see them cancelling the match. Besides, Ryback's matches are short. He may have to take a big bump but it won't be much. We'll see.
If youre talking about the match for TLC, theyve already changed it.

But in the statement, mcmahon said ryback would get his title match when punk is cleared, so i can see the tlc match on raw.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Old
12-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
I don't think you are giving enough credit to Ryback. He was on the mic the other day and brought an intense promo that was believable. He has a great look and uses power to his advantage. Those guys are needed in the WWE. He's not a stiff competitor like most big guys.

Yes... he was brought up so quickly. Many here forget how much they hated Sheamus for the same thing. Now the "Fella" is a cool guy who can go. Ryback is one of the few guys I'd believe could take a loss and keep bringing his intensity. He's not a Goldberg wanna-be. He's a decent character.
I'm still not sure what his character is. He shouts to be fed and twitches his arm? Ryback has no personality and is terrible in-ring. WWE should move on as soon as this PPV is over...

Old
12-05-2012, 07:49 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
the 20th anniversary of RAW is this January (11th to be exact, but that's a Friday), so either the 7th or the 14th will be the celebration

Old
12-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

381 days. Longest reign in 25 years.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I'm still not sure what his character is. He shouts to be fed and twitches his arm? Ryback has no personality and is terrible in-ring. WWE should move on as soon as this PPV is over...
Very true. Ryback seems like someone who should have debuted as a monster heel rather than a monster face. It's been done before but it's a tried and true way to bring in a big man. Make him the "bodyguard" for someone a la Shawn/Diesel and then eventually have a face turn. It would help build up the guy he's protecting and help Ryback as well. I guess it would just give his character more dimension and give me more reason to care about him as a face.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:41 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
If they plan on having Punk v Rock at the Rumble then this makes no sense. It wouldn't be smart planning to put Punk into a fairly risky/dangerous match just a couple weeks before the Rumble, and on a Raw no less.

...unless of course Lesnar/The Shield get involved before Punk takes any big bumps and crushes Ryback

Old
12-05-2012, 09:49 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Pushing Ryback and pushing a heel faction are two different things. The heels have to win at first in a dirty yet dominating fashion so that the face can win it clean at the blow-off point. Since this is the beginning of the story, the heels have to go over at first.
Pretty much this.

Cena can lose 10 PPV's in a row at this point and it won't matter to anyone.

Kane and Bryan are already the Tag Team Champions and over as hell, and Ryback isn't going to be in the title picture for a while after TLC. There's no valid reason why the Shield should lose.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:03 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
That's just scary

Closed Thread