HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Advance schedule is on the first page of the discussion thread where it's always been.
I understand that, but it wasn't stuck to in the last block.. so I was wondering if anything about it changed since it was advanced pre-maturely last time.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Jack de la Hoya

v. caps

Great, two posts in a 21 minutes. One of those games.

EDIT: Bah, turnover = Ovi cherry-picking goal. At least the game's realistic.

Wow. Neuvirth with a huge game.

OT. Really open game.

Wings win in a shootout. Caps should have grabbed an OT winner, but for a great last minute defensive play. I think Ovi played like 45 minutes. :laughs:

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-03-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
v. caps

Great, two posts in a 21 minutes. One of those games.

EDIT: Bah, turnover = Ovi cherry-picking goal. At least the game's realistic.

Wow. Neuvirth with a huge game.

OT. Really open game.

Wings win in a shootout. Caps should have grabbed an OT winner, but for a great last minute defensive play. I think Ovi played like 45 minutes. :laughs:
Lmao nice game man, Howard played great too...he played as much as Datsyuk did! and Zetty for that matter

Old
12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
Lmao nice game man, Howard played great too...he played as much as Datsyuk did! and Zetty for that matter
I don't understand it. I checked my 4v4 lines again. Why was Drew Miller out there with Datsyuk? This happened in another league, where my #6D kept being put out there at forward. There's no injury, the lines are correctly set.

I thought I should have had a few more in regulation. I had a couple of breakaways that I couldn't capitalize on in the 1st and 2nd. You had the better of play in the 3rd and overtime.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
I think Ovi played like 45 minutes. :laughs:
Not this again. Idk if your serious or not or if it was because of OT but no one is to be putting players on multiple lines, and or double shifting players.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Not this again. Idk if your serious or not or if it was because of OT but no one is to be putting players on multiple lines. No one player is going to have an average that exceeds 35 minutes max/ game
He wasn't on multiple lines. It was fine.

Like you said, OT jacked it up.

If you're going to enforce that rule, though, then I think you also need to do it for goalies and starts, no? Half the leagues I see, the start never gets a rest. That's much worse than playing a guy til he drops in game.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Not this again. Idk if your serious or not or if it was because of OT but no one is to be putting players on multiple lines, and or double shifting players.
I dont double shift him, I dont put him on multiple lines..all i did was match my 1st line (which hes on) everytime i saw Datsyuk line (both datsyuk and zetty) on the ice

Old
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I dont double shift him, I dont put him on multiple lines..all i did was match my 1st line (which hes on) everytime i saw Datsyuk line (both datsyuk and zetty) on the ice
Yeah. My top guys played a bit less, I think, because I manually changed more often--but it can be a pain to get guys to go off, and since you were using (at least) aggressive on the break-out, Ovi was constantly leaking for the outlet pass, which meant he rarely went for a change when you did roll the lines over in game.

But like I said, I had no issue with how you used him at all.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Koopa I

Koopa I and Ravenn I both looking to Join this league we both got laid off and schools almost over will be super active

Old
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Beardfish

Quote:
Unfortunately with the way endurance works in this game, and with Defensemen especially, it's really easy to exceed 35:00 TOI without even trying. With the Bruins for instance, a Chara / Seidenberg pairing with 90/88 endurance respectively will often be out there for 2/3 of the game, and stay pretty fresh to boot.

Edit - and now I realize the 35 minutes part was edited out, lol. Double shifting players is definitely taking advantage of the system, and that sounds like a very good rule.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
I recently played Washington and Ovechkin's playing time was pretty standard. He wasn't on every line and wasn't being double/triple shifted.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Gary83*

I took a peak from the NHL13 App. Looks to me like Ovechkin is average roughly 27 minutes a good. No cause for concern there.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
I recently played Washington and Ovechkin's playing time was pretty standard. He wasn't on every line and wasn't being double/triple shifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I took a peak from the NHL13 App. Looks to me like Ovechkin is average roughly 27 minutes a good. No cause for concern there.
Thank you guys for clarifying that up

Old
12-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Thank you guys for clarifying that up
I really didn't intend anything by that off-hand comment. He played a lot. So did my top guys. Like I said before, I had no issue at all with it.

Didn't realize it would start a kerfuffle.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

Quote:
I don't understand it. I checked my 4v4 lines again. Why was Drew Miller out there with Datsyuk? This happened in another league, where my #6D kept being put out there at forward. There's no injury, the lines are correctly set.

I thought I should have had a few more in regulation. I had a couple of breakaways that I couldn't capitalize on in the 1st and 2nd. You had the better of play in the 3rd and overtime.
I've had the same thing happen to me. Richards starting the OT with Zharkov (my 4v4 line is Richards and Carter). I have no idea why it happens and its frustrating.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Beardfish

AIEEEE first Grabner out for 35, and now Okposo out for 38!!! I swear they want me to have a full top-6 of 60-something overalls

Old
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardfish View Post
AIEEEE first Grabner out for 35, and now Okposo out for 38!!! I swear they want me to have a full top-6 of 60-something overalls
I have three centers out for half the season. Don't get me started on injuries.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco5886 View Post
I've had the same thing happen to me. Richards starting the OT with Zharkov (my 4v4 line is Richards and Carter). I have no idea why it happens and its frustrating.
it happens to me all the time, it is really frustrating, best way to solve this is to roll out your 2nd 4v4 line quick, and then roll your 1st line back out afterwards.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:52 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I don't get how anyone can play this game at a high level and not do manual line changes. Just seems crazy to me

Old
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Beardfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I don't get how anyone can play this game at a high level and not do manual line changes. Just seems crazy to me
I'll change out the forwards if I'm not facing an aggressive forecheck and have time to slow things down, but I find a lot of the times when I'm in the offensive or neutral zone and I'm looking down at the corner of the screen to change lines, it costs me a lot worse than leaving some tired guys out would have otherwise.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I don't follow?

When overtime starts, I select line 1.

I then find that Line 1 is not what my line-up says it should be. Rather than have, say, Zetterberg with Datsyuk, I have some scrub forward or defenseman.

What does that have to do with manual v. auto?

Old
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

Quote:
When you're this good, it doesn't matter what line is out there. Plus the fact that the line screen might stay on during the game sucks.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:21 PM
slightlystewpid420

Manual line changes are a must for me. Your players get entirely to tired if you let them do their own thing.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:25 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Fatigue is off in NHL 13 but i've found that unless you change lines yourself, lines get too tired. They'll keep your 1st line out until they're at red bar. Or they'll send your 4th line out in the last 45 seconds of the game lol

Old
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I know this isn't my league but i'm in talks with a guy who might be testing NHL 14. If you're not in The Bluth Company and there's any things you'd like to see improved upon in GM Connected, post them in this thread. I'm finalizing a list to give to him and i'd love as much input as possible.

bluth company 2014 gm connected wishlist[/center]

Bluth Company Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
1.) Live Draft
2.) Spectator mode
3.) Practice mode
4.) trade rumors like in NHL 11 or 12 (i.e. if a team sends a trade offer to another team about a player, it might say that team X is shopping a top 3 winger or something like that)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
5.) have the ability to exceed the cap in the offseason and come back within it before the regular season (like...yknow, real life)
6.) not have AHLers/juniors count against your NHL cap in the offseason
7.) better visual indication of your opponents being on/offline
8.) as a commissioner (which I am elsewhere), be able to check that all human controlled teams have played their games
9) Have ability to see User W/L and Sim W/L splits
10) Have ability to resign/release/buyout players during regular season
11) Have ability to block inquiries regarding Nino Niederreiter

12) Faster Menus (how has THIS not been brought up yet?!)
13) There should be banner raising ceremonies for the CUP Winner every year

14) Ability to trade Injured Players
15) An active Game Ticker that shows updated scores of current games going on in the league
16) Ability for Commissioner to Approve trades at the "Trade Details" screen, instead of having to go back and forth with terrible menus
17) Ability to track Prospect Progression and see detailed scouting reports for prospects
18) Allow to change a players position. For example if a player is listed as a Center in the game, but you play him as a LW.. let us be able to change their default position so when the computer sims and does best lines, they stay at their position.
19) Allow GM's to be able to look at overall and attributes of players on the waiver wire from the waiver screen.
20) A player attribute projection system.. allow us to see what a player on our rosters overall will roughly be for the next season.. this would be especially useful when re-signing players to see who we would want to re-sign or let walk to FA.
21) Fix the Waiver System. As it works currently, CPU controlled teams and/or GM Controlled teams during Double Advances will send good NHLers/Prospects through the Waiver system due to injury (Nyquist, Biron, Reimer etc..). Even if the "fix" to this is simply not allowing CPU teams to use Claim or Place players on waivers.
22) Player Progression during the season. Player progression shouldn't happen only during the offseason
23) Ability to see the future schedule for your GM connected team

24) Stop reverting to "Best Lines" whenever a player is injured. Just make that injured spot "unfilled". We shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes reseting our lines because one player gets injured.

Closed Thread