HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
xVx Santillo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
If he can't beat the CPU after the first try, then just take the loss. He's 25-10... so not exactly hurting for points.
I still dont see how its fair that im supposed to win a game but should get the loss...if thats the case i rather take the time to go through the whole game at the score it was and play the last 48sec that was left (this being the 2nd time we had to do this)

we all know how much 2 points is at the end of the year...

Last edited by xVx Santillo: 12-07-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old
12-07-2012, 10:44 AM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
I still dont see how its fair that im supposed to win a game but should get the loss...if thats the case i rather take the time to go through the whole game at the score it was and play the last 48sec that was left (this being the 2nd time we had to do this)

we all know how much 2 points is at the end of the year...
I really don't care what you do... it's just that you wasted 2 hours of your life trying to get those 2 points, so at what point do you make the decision that it's not really worth it?

Old
12-07-2012, 10:50 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
I really don't care what you do... it's just that you wasted 2 hours of your life trying to get those 2 points, so at what point do you make the decision that it's not really worth it?
I didnt play the full games when they would score on their FIRST shot of the game (a horrible goal at that on my goalies part) i quit, stupid things like that...i ended up giving up and will let it get summed unless Stockey wants to go through with the game again

Old
12-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Anybody who needs to play play the cpu, my plans have changed and I won't be around today

Old
12-07-2012, 12:24 PM
xVx Santillo

Is anyone having problems with the EA servers? im having a hard time connecting to them and/or staying connected to them

Old
12-07-2012, 12:44 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Just so you are all aware I quit 5 mins into the game tied at 0 vs the blackhawks. Stockey said to play his CPU ^^ but he is back online and ready to play.

Sensei you can kick me out and ill join back in

Old
12-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Rangers just stole one vs me. Going into the third it was 1-0 and shots were 10-3 in favor of chi...
Final - 3-1 NYR

On to the next.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:10 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
I didnt play the full games when theey would score on their FIRST shot of the game (a horrible goal at that on my goalies part) i quit, stupid things like that...i ended up giving up and will let it get summed unless Stockey wants to go through with the game again
If someone scored first shot against you against a user you wouldn't quit would you? A hockey game is three periods man just because you get dominated in the first doesn't mean they will play that way the whole game. It would be one thing if you took it to the 3rd and quit, you quit as soon as you started to lose. And I understand that you wanted a win but seriously 5 quits is overkill for 1 win. There is no more play my CPU til you win. You lose to a CPU that's too bad, that's what happens when you can't play your games. Stockey's CPU isn't rigged they're just tough to play against. I'll let this one slide but this isn't going to be a reoccurrence in my league.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:12 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
Rangers just stole one vs me. Going into the third it was 1-0 and shots were 10-3 in favor of chi...
Final - 3-1 NYR

On to the next.
Rangers on a roll! 11 game winning streak and 1 GA in the last 3 games

Old
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Rangers on a roll! 11 game winning streak and 1 GA in the last 3 games
Grrr can't wait to play you again, we always have battles it seems. Lol

Also on a side note sub kinda brought it to my attention anyone with a smartphone should download Kik and post their username. It makes games 1000x easier to schedule. It's not a requirement but it does make things easier.
Kik: slightlystewpid420

Old
12-07-2012, 01:17 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post

Also on a side note sub kinda brought it to my attention anyone with a smartphone should download Kik and post their username. It makes games 1000x easier to schedule. It's not a requirement but it does make things easier.
Yeah they are always close! But just realized Nash is injured for 36 games

Btw are you gonna kick me soon?

Old
12-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
If someone scored first shot against you against a user you wouldn't quit would you? A hockey game is three periods man just because you get dominated in the first doesn't mean they will play that way the whole game. It would be one thing if you took it to the 3rd and quit, you quit as soon as you started to lose. And I understand that you wanted a win but seriously 5 quits is overkill for 1 win. There is no more play my CPU til you win. You lose to a CPU that's too bad, that's what happens when you can't play your games. Stockey's CPU isn't rigged they're just tough to play against. I'll let this one slide but this isn't going to be a reoccurrence in my league.
Then what's to stop people from d/c in a bad loss, begging off a replay, then telling everyone to play their CPU--on the chance that the CPU might actually get the win?

The whole point is that Caps shouldn't have had to beat the CPU--he should have gotten to finish the game against the user, right?

EDIT: I do think quitting out on the CPU after one goal is a bit premature, but that's not really the issue here. The issue was Caps inability to finish a game he was winning against a user, and what to do about that.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:31 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:

Kik username = ChuckWoods

Old
12-07-2012, 01:35 PM
TheLund

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Kik username = ChuckWoods
Quote:

Kik: thelund

Old
12-07-2012, 01:55 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Then what's to stop people from d/c in a bad loss, begging off a replay, then telling everyone to play their CPU--on the chance that the CPU might actually get the win?

The whole point is that Caps shouldn't have had to beat the CPU--he should have gotten to finish the game against the user, right?

EDIT: I do think quitting out on the CPU after one goal is a bit premature, but that's not really the issue here. The issue was Caps inability to finish a game he was winning against a user, and what to do about that.
It is a tricky situation, but when playing the cpu thats your fault and your fault alone if you lose. The CPU isnt always a cake walk. Thats the risk you take by not getting your games in. You guys had 3 days to reschedule those games and get them in. This league has a good reputation(somewhat obviously in the shadow to TBC) but that means the players in the league all somewhat should have a somewhat good reputation, that being said players should have enough character to finish their games against other users(unless extreme cases of lag happen that BOTH sides can vouch for). Anyone, ANYONE that is caught quitting (rage quitting, or just not giving a ****) will be booted. Its hard to monitor but for the most part if both players are talking to each other through the game or at least relaying messages its easy to get the gist of it. I know if im playing a game with somebody and its laggy i usually get messages right away.

Also booting players now for DNFs. Anyone here on out with a DNF% higher than 0% will be booted unless we have talked. In which case after we have talked go ahead and kick yourselves and send another invite and ill accept.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
It is a tricky situation, but when playing the cpu thats your fault and your fault alone if you lose. The CPU isnt always a cake walk. Thats the risk you take by not getting your games in. You guys had 3 days to reschedule those games and get them in. This league has a good reputation(somewhat obviously in the shadow to TBC) but that means the players in the league all somewhat should have a somewhat good reputation, that being said players should have enough character to finish their games against other users(unless extreme cases of lag happen that BOTH sides can vouch for). Anyone, ANYONE that is caught quitting (rage quitting, or just not giving a ****) will be booted. Its hard to monitor but for the most part if both players are talking to each other through the game or at least relaying messages its easy to get the gist of it. I know if im playing a game with somebody and its laggy i usually get messages right away.

Also booting players now for DNFs. Anyone here on out with a DNF% higher than 0% will be booted unless we have talked. In which case after we have talked go ahead and kick yourselves and send another invite and ill accept.
There are two different situations, though.

- On games played against the CPU because of an inability to schedule a game, of course there should be no quitting, and it should be dealt with harshly.

- Once a game starts with a human though, and particularly once a lead is established, I do think that game needs to be finished if at all possible. If the losing player is forced to abandon it for whatever reason, or can't reconnect before the advance, it doesn't make any sense to punish the player who was winning by making them risk a loss in a non-quittable game versus the computer.

In that sense, I think it is pretty clear that Caps was right. Even if the d/c was completely accidental, what's the incentive to re-do a game you're losing in the 3rd, when you can simply force your opponent to risk a loss against the CPU in a fully game?

Old
12-07-2012, 02:13 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Frequent "Oh darn i got disconected when i was losing, go play my CPU" is noticed by every GM in this league and the Commissioner. If its a big game i.e. towards the end of the season, i'm sure Sensi can make a judgement call and handle each situation individually.

In two seasons i havn't seen anyone get disconnected in an important game when they were down late. A few guys have rage-quit before but they knew that if they didn't start up another game and recreate the exact score then they'd know I would have an issue with thim.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
xVx Santillo

It was halfway through 2nd i was winning 2-1 and Stockey lost connection than we replayed game right after continuing from 2-1 and it was 5-4 for me with 48sec left in 3rd and I lost connection, to go through a 3rd game all the way to the end? its about an hour for one game? nobody quit bc we were losing...its not that I or Stockey COULDNT get our games in so i dont know why ur using that argument? thats not the case here its very different

Anyways look theres no issue here, lets drop it...if ever it happens again and i cant beat a CPU so be it even though i deserved the 2 points..in that case though maybe a rule on no matter how many times u guys disconnect u need to replay out the game? than nobody needs to play CPU

Old
12-07-2012, 02:55 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
It was halfway through 2nd i was winning 2-1 and Stockey lost connection than we replayed game right after continuing from 2-1 and it was 5-4 for me with 48sec left in 3rd and I lost connection, to go through a 3rd game all the way to the end? its about an hour for one game? nobody quit bc we were losing...its not that I or Stockey COULDNT get our games in so i dont know why ur using that argument? thats not the case here its very different
So it isn't because you couldn't get your games in, but because you guys didn't want to get your game in?

Just suck it up and play each other, for crying out loud. It sucks, but that's what happens when you trust EA.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:48 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
you could add KIK usernames to the tables as well.. haha

Old
12-07-2012, 03:52 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

Quote:
Is anyone having problems with the EA servers? im having a hard time connecting to them and/or staying connected to them
yes, i just got kicked from servers for no apparent reason. I'm about to play MTL cpu once I reconnect to servers (as instructed by him), just wanted to make a record of the server problems just in case I get kicked in game.

edit: got through the game with no DC, looks like its mostly a problem for people on the west server (and only for certain people unfortunately)

Last edited by wilco5886: 12-07-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old
12-07-2012, 04:48 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
So it isn't because you couldn't get your games in, but because you guys didn't want to get your game in?

Just suck it up and play each other, for crying out loud. It sucks, but that's what happens when you trust EA.
the problem was they kept getting disconnected. If you cant connect im fine with playing the cpu and but the cpu isnt just going to just give you a win. I understand playing a cpu multiple times towards the end of the season, basically anything past the deadline i think would be fair?

Old
12-07-2012, 05:32 PM
ThePsychicSaw

If a game drops (regardless of the reasoning and regardless of it being a regular season game or playoff game) you replay it from that exact score and time. If you can't then you forfeit the obligation of being able to win that game yourself. The player that can play the cpu has now the opportunity to win but it's not going to be given to them. Cpu can be hard, cheap, whatever, but that the nature of the game. I get cheated, out of my losses 9 out of 10 times, deal with it.

This should be a rare occurrence and you bullhead it with a simple concise rule. You play the cpu once and better bring your A game if you want the win. If there is the opinion that someone is abusing or exploiting avoiding mid game losses so people have to play the cpu, just like anything else, you confront it and deal with it. Simple as that, commish you doing it right.

By the way kik username: ThePsychicSaw

Old
12-07-2012, 05:45 PM
DoubleK81

Good job just randomly playing my CPU today Anaheim.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:46 PM
xVx Santillo

Waiting on to get accepted back into league to get my scheduled games in!

Closed Thread